Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Wrench icon on my odometer? help!!!

Old 06-30-2009, 09:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wrench icon on my odometer? help!!!

ok so everytime i start my car i would get a wrench icon wit -730 on it..i have takin it to chrysler not for that reason but asked if the computer came up with any problems and he said no...it has done it for 6 months and i have not had any problems or noises..now there are 2 wrenches with -730 that come up...ANY HELP...i am lost on this..thanks nick

Old 06-30-2009, 09:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Wrench icon on my odometer? help!!!

RESETTING THE MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE

DESCRIPTION - FLEXIBLE SERVICE SYSTEM (FSS)
The Flexible Service System (FSS) is a demand-activated engine oil service system. The FSS will illuminate a symbol (2) in the instrument cluster to indicate to the driver when a particular service is due. After a level has dropped below a warning threshold, the remaining distance or the remaining time and the tool symbol (2) are displayed in the panel of the odometer. The FSS is supplied the time intervals from the digital clock in the instrument cluster. The remaining information is supplied by the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) and the Controller Antilock Brake (CAB) via the Controller Area Network (CAN) data bus.

The data required for FSS from the CAN includes the following:
² The four wheel speed sensors from the CAB.
² Coolant temperature from the PCM.
² Engine speed from the PCM.
² Load torque from the PCM.

MAIN ODOMETER
This shows the total distance the vehicle has traveled. The FSS permits a flexible service schedule that is directly related to the operating conditions of the vehicle. There are two symbols which will appear in the main odometer display field prior to the next suggested service.

This symbol represents Service A. (Picture of one wrench --Bob)

The second symbol represents Service B. (Picture of two wrenches --Bob)

Depending on operating conditions throughout the year, the next service is calculated and displayed next to the this symbol in days remaining before the next service is required. The next service may be calculated and displayed next to this symbol as distance remaining before the next service is
required.

The counter can also be reset by any individual after the indicated service has been performed. To do so:
1. Turn the key to the ON/RUN position.
2. Within one second press the ****/button to the left of the display twice.
3. The present status for days remaining or distance traveled is displayed. Within ten seconds turn the key to OFF.
4. Press and hold the ****/button to the left of the display, while turning the key to ON/RUN again. The present status for days remaining or distance traveled is displayed once more. Continue to hold the ****/button to the left of the display. After approximately ten seconds, a tone sounds and the display shows 6,000 miles (10,000 km) for approximately ten seconds.
5. Release the ****/button to the left of the display.

If the FSS counter was inadvertently reset, the counter must be reset.
The message is displayed for approximately ten seconds when turning the key to the ON/RUN position, or while driving when reaching the service warning threshold. It can be cancelled manually by pressing the ****/button to the left of the display. Once the suggested term has passed, the message, plus either the symbol for Service A or the symbol for Service B preceded by a “–” (minus symbol) blinks for approximately thirty seconds and a tone sounds every time when turning the key to the ON/RUN position. The FSS display can also be called up for approximately ten seconds with the display illuminated by pressing the ****/button to the left of the display twice within one second.
Note: When disconnecting the battery for one or more days at a time, such days will not be counted. Any such days not counted by the FSS can be added. The interval between services is determined by the type of vehicle operation. Driving at extreme speeds, and cold starts combined with short distance driving in which the engine does not reach normal operating temperature, reduce the interval between services

Old 06-30-2009, 09:23 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Reset the FSS. Instructions are in the manual or you can search for the reset instructions here on the forum. Whoever changed the oil last did not reset it.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:25 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

one wrench is schedule A maintenance due(or overdue if -xxx) and two wrenches is schedule B maintenance due (or overdue if -xxxx).

As near as I can guess, the counter maxes out at -730 as that is two years (365x2).

You can reset the counter yourself. The procedure is in the manual, or search here on the forum for it. It is a pain in the a$$ for many and usually takes SEVERAL tries.

You should get the car in for the regular maintenances if you havent.

Good luck.....

edit: see there, the answer to reset appeared while I was typing...

Old 06-30-2009, 09:27 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Ooooooh! Bad question to ask around here. Especially since you aren't a newbie!

SEARCHED for your problem and found a thread with your exact mileage and problem!

Go here...LINKY

Last edited by tighed1; 06-30-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:33 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Oh sure guys!
Make ME the bad guy for telling him to search!

What a bunch a great people we have here! Thanks for the prompt answers!

Great car.
Great People.
Great forum.

Gotta love it!

Old 06-30-2009, 09:48 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tighed1
Oh sure guys!
Make ME the bad guy for telling him to search!
I've been meaning to talk to you about that.....LOL. I think I beat you to it...just sugar-coated it a little bit. Got tired of getting berated for trying to help them help themselves. It's our fault....we raised them!!

Old 08-05-2018, 06:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you guys so much!