Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Another SRT bites the dust... R.I.P.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:27 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Another SRT bites the dust... R.I.P.

I was involved in a low speed (~15mph) front end collision. Insurance decided to total the car and am now deciding if I should buy the car back from them to keep for spare parts if i decide to purchase a replacement SRT or to part it out and make some profit to make up for their low valuation of the car.

Car damage was mostly from body panels, frame rail, and the mechanical parts the front bumper to the the fan, radiator, condenser, and headlights area. The car had no leaks after the accident and I was able to start and drive the car out of the middle of the road and park it to the side of the street. I can take pictures of specific parts as requested.

I am not in the business of selling car parts and am guessing that I can sell the parts for 20-40% of the dealer price. So let me know who's interested and what your offer is. I will need to give a decision to the insurance company soon, so I'd appreciate that only serious offers be made please.

I am open to having someone (senior member like BrianBrave) from this forum that lives in the LA area to come over to my house to take a look at the car and see the condition that it's in.

Sorry Brian, dont mean to volunteer you but I think you're a respected member here and mechanically-inclined that people would trust what you say than mine.

So let me know.

Oh here's the notable parts that are on the car besides the OEM parts.

1) NW single CAI
2) SSR GT3 Rims with almost brand new Vredestein Ultra Sessanta tires. I'll toss in the wheel adapters (not spacers!) for free.
3) SpeedInnovation re-programmed ECU for Evosport 178mm pulley kit.
4) KW V2 Coilovers
5) Roadster top (if I decide to not sell the exterior and interior body parts to a body shop).

I have the following as extra parts that I can sell if I keep the car or not.
1) Original OEM intake
2) Spare front grill that I kept
3) Engine cover
4) SRT carbon fiber license plate
5) Original springs and shocks (replaced by KW)

ALL - Please make a reasonable offer and I will add it all up to see if it comes close to my purchase price.

-------------------------------------------------------

I'll try to post all my answers on this one to make it easy on myself. So refer back to this to get updated Q&A.
-------------
Pictures from day of accident. Will post more detailed pics of parts later.
xfire pictures by srt6 - Photobucket

Ready to be sold items here --> ForSale pictures by srt6 - Photobucket

Q. Where are you located?
A. Los Angeles

Q. How much for the parts?
A. Reasonable offer or a fraction (20%-40% of original price. Will include some labor cost to pull all these crap out and shipping cost and insurance if you want.

Q. What condition are they in?
A. I'll take pics and post them so they are all from objective point of view.

Q. Pics of coilovers and price? How many miles on them?
A. I posted pictures on the forum before and will have to find it. I'll need to look for invoice and see what the mileage was at the time to give you accurate #, but if i was to guess maybe 30K. Not sure yet about the price but most likely somewhere between $250-$400.

Q. How much for front/rear calipers, pads and rotors?
A. I'll need to take a look at their wear and condition first. This applies to everypart so I wont be able to give you an immediate price.

Last edited by srt6_crossfire; 02-06-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Another SRT bites the dust... R.I.P.

How much for the brakes (front and rear)

Old 02-06-2010, 01:45 AM
Forum Regular

Whats the speedinovation ecu? is it like a tune your selling or the actual ECU? I remember someone on here saying that you cant use an ECU form another car due to the coding or something. But I'm in need of a tune and IF I can just plug another ecu in and have it work I'd be very interested.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:57 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kolevski
Whats the speedinovation ecu? is it like a tune your selling or the actual ECU? I remember someone on here saying that you cant use an ECU form another car due to the coding or something. But I'm in need of a tune and IF I can just plug another ecu in and have it work I'd be very interested.
It's the OEM ECU but tuned by SpeedInnovation to work with a 178mm pulley kit (do you have one?). Not sure if its just a simple ECU swap or if mine needs to be reprogrammed for it to work on your car.

If anyone knows, please chime in.

Old 02-06-2010, 02:00 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Infinite
How much for the brakes (front and rear)
"Brakes" is too general. I suggest going to Chrysler Parts Direct - Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep Parts and accessories and use that to identify specific parts to make sure we are talking about the same items you have in mind.

Old 02-06-2010, 02:05 AM
Forum Regular

I dont have the 178 but I have a Code3 s/c pully. It shouldn't be to much of a difference (in terms of the tune).

Do you know how much power you gained from your tune? was the car alot better to drive?

if it is as simple as plugging it into my car and it'l work I'll definatly make you a serious offer.

Old 02-06-2010, 05:14 AM

Sorry to hear of your missfortune mate. If you buy another SRT6, buying your wreck back from the Insurance is a good move, especially with the lack of parts available. I would expect you'd make a nice little profit if broken for spares.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:56 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

pics of the coilovers and price? how many miles on them?

Old 02-06-2010, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by srt6_crossfire
I was involved in a low speed (~15mph) front end collision. Insurance decided to total the car and am now deciding if I should buy the car back from them to keep for spare parts if i decide to purchase a replacement SRT or to part it out and make some profit to make up for their low valuation of the car.

Car damage was mostly from body panels, frame rail, and the mechanical parts the front bumper to the the fan, radiator, condenser, and headlights area. The car had no leaks after the accident and I was able to start and drive the car out of the middle of the road and park it to the side of the street. I can take pictures of specific parts as requested.

I am not in the business of selling car parts and am guessing that I can sell the parts for 20-40% of the dealer price. So let me know who's interested and what your offer is. I will need to give a decision to the insurance company soon, so I'd appreciate that only serious offers be made please.

I am open to having someone (senior member like BrianBrave) from this forum that lives in the LA area to come over to my house to take a look at the car and see the condition that it's in.

Sorry Brian, dont mean to volunteer you but I think you're a respected member here and mechanically-inclined that people would trust what you say than mine.

So let me know.

Oh here's the notable parts that are on the car besides the OEM parts.

1) NW single CAI
2) SSR GT3 Rims with almost brand new Vredestein Ultra Sessanta tires. I'll toss in the wheel adapters (not spacers!) for free.
3) SpeedInnovation re-programmed ECU for Evosport 178mm pulley kit.
4) KW V2 Coilovers
5) Roadster top (if I decide to not sell the exterior and interior body parts to a body shop).

I have the following as extra parts that I can sell if I keep the car or not.
1) Original OEM intake
2) Spare front grill that I kept
3) Engine cover
4) SRT carbon fiber license plate
5) Original springs and shocks (replaced by KW)

ALL - Please make a reasonable offer and I will add it all up to see if it comes close to my purchase price.
I would be interested in the grill and the top if it in really good shape all the sensors in the top and top of windshield also..

Howard.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:07 AM

where are you located ?

Old 02-06-2010, 10:31 AM
Received 195 Likes on 150 Posts

My son was rear ended about a year & 1/2 ago, and state farm totaled it,, we had just rebuilt every thing in that truck,, so i called state farm and told them the was a family airloom and they could not have it,,, I was told to get a body shop to fix it for less than 8450, and we could get it repaired they wanted to total it and give my son 9100 and they take the truck,,, if you buy back Not what we did above you can no longer get insureance on it well you can only get liability on it
we has his truck fixed and it now has 177000 miles on it ,it had 140000 when it was hit.,, they had the tow truck calling every hour looking for his truck, good luck. jim

Old 02-06-2010, 10:39 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I am interested in the rear spoiler if it is in perfect condition. Please pm me with a price. Thanks Bob

Old 02-06-2010, 10:43 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kolevski
I dont have the 178 but I have a Code3 s/c pully. It shouldn't be to much of a difference (in terms of the tune).

Do you know how much power you gained from your tune? was the car alot better to drive?

if it is as simple as plugging it into my car and it'l work I'll definatly make you a serious offer.
ECU is vehicle specific. Not plug-n-play. It would be nice if it was, you could pick up a couple extra ECUs and have them programmed for different setups, and just swap them out when needed.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:05 AM

I would like the interior center console that goes from vents to armrest

Old 02-06-2010, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by srt6_crossfire
"Brakes" is too general. I suggest going to Chrysler Parts Direct - Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep Parts and accessories and use that to identify specific parts to make sure we are talking about the same items you have in mind.
Front calipers,pads and rotors
rear calipers, pads, and rotors...

Old 02-06-2010, 11:49 AM

no spoiler for you bob!! jhm2k needs one for his limited!

Old 02-06-2010, 12:34 PM

I sent you a PM

Old 02-06-2010, 01:10 PM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

Buy it, I kept the wreck of a Mustang that I had totaled, the insurance company gave it to me as I insisted it be a part of their low settlement. They would basically sell it for peanuts to a wrecker just to get rid of it. Strip the parts you want and have it towed to the wrecker, amazing what some parts will get, even on ebay.

Old 02-06-2010, 02:22 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
no spoiler for you bob!! jhm2k needs one for his limited!
Haha it wouldn't work on mine anyways... I have a coupe.

Old 02-06-2010, 04:24 PM
Forum Regular

I've posted pics of the miscellaneous items that are ready to be sold. PM me for your offer.

ForSale pictures by srt6 - Photobucket

Quick Reply: Another SRT bites the dust... R.I.P.