CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire SRT6 (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-srt6/)
-   -   *Needed* 20 to Pre-order Wavetrac LSD for SLK32/SRT-6 (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-srt6/43476-needed-20-pre-order-wavetrac-lsd-slk32-srt-6-a.html)

PA/XFIRE 08-20-2010 12:50 PM

re: *Needed* 20 to Pre-order Wavetrac LSD for SLK32/SRT-6

Originally Posted by KrzyFast
what is the time frame to put down a deposit?

Thanks,
KrzyFast

I talked to Devin at Unitrax this morning,(1-800 622 4327) he said Wavetrac would know by the end of next week if they can build the diff. for us.At that point he will have his assistant call everyone on the list with that information(Devin will be on vacation next week).I assume thats when they will be taking the deposits from us.As far as a time frame to put down a deposit i would check with Devin or Buggin.Just my 2 centovo's.AND THANKS AGAIN TO ALL OF YOU WHO MADE THIS POSSIBLE. ILLCYA LARRY

32krazy! 08-20-2010 06:05 PM

jim when i talked to rudy he said he sent you a slk32 axle. can you confirm which axle you were using? c32 or slk32?
my idea is by being able to use the slk32 stub axles when the gear ratio change is figured out i can drop my diff and leave the axles in place. change gears for the racetrac or mile then reinstall my 3.07 for the street

Buggin 08-20-2010 06:30 PM

I talked to Jim today. The stub axle is correct. Here is the only small 'issue' is with the groove that the snap-ring sits in:

SRT axle groove: .084 w/ .078 thick snap-ring
SLK stub axle groove: .130 w/ .100 thick c-clip
- SLK stub w/ .078 snap-ring would not fit into the diff (think the groove isn't as deep).
- SLK stub w/ .060 snap-ring fits into the diff, but has some in/out slop, but stays in.
- SLK stub w/ (2) .060 snap-rings (.120 total) fits in the diff with no extra play. Only problem with this is that you need to use a slide hammer to pull it back out.

Jim and I have come to the conclusion that the 2 snap-ring option works, but will look for a .100 to .120 thick snap-ring that is flat on the inside so it will work with the shallow groove on the SLK axle.

NOTE: You guys with the SRT axles won't have to change a thing.

Steve, you won't be swapping "gears" for racing... maybe swapping a whole diff.

32krazy! 08-20-2010 06:36 PM

ok scratch that idea!! was thinking i could press the ring and pinion off and swap it. anywho as long as we can get a solid diff ill be happy!:p

i want search something. can someone give me the diff part#?

amx1397 08-20-2010 09:27 PM

spoke with Devin today the charger diff is different inside it is the 189 or something like that even though the outside and mounting may be the same the wavetrac will not interchange with the crossfire diff jim

amx1397 08-20-2010 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
ok scratch that idea!! was thinking i could press the ring and pinion off and swap it. anywho as long as we can get a solid diff ill be happy!:p

i want search something. can someone give me the diff part#?

steve try this srt6 diff
here is everything i found @ means mercedes star.

1. on the rear cove,,,r A203 361 09 08 6
2.inside carrier,,, @ A 210 353150 1
3. on the ring gear,,,210353 1512 307 @ 3004 GM (etched 83)
4. on the pinion ,,,D205 (etched 83)
hope this helps jim

KrzyFast 08-20-2010 09:50 PM

Larry,
Thanks for the info. I tried to call Devin on Thursday afternoon but the receptionist said he had already left for the day. I did not have a chance to to try him today. I will try to catch up with his assistant on Monday since he will be out.

Originally Posted by PA/XFIRE
I talked to Devin at Unitrax this morning,(1-800 622 4327) he said Wavetrac would know by the end of next week if they can build the diff. for us.At that point he will have his assistant call everyone on the list with that information(Devin will be on vacation next week).I assume thats when they will be taking the deposits from us.As far as a time frame to put down a deposit i would check with Devin or Buggin.Just my 2 centovo's.AND THANKS AGAIN TO ALL OF YOU WHO MADE THIS POSSIBLE. ILLCYA LARRY

Thanks again!

KrzyFast

32krazy! 08-20-2010 09:56 PM

Larry,
Thanks for the info. I tried to call Devin on Thursday afternoon but the receptionist said he had already left for the day. I did not have a chance to to try him today. I will try to catch up with his assistant on Monday since he will be out.

Thanks again!

KrzyFast

try sat before noon pacific time. he usually answers

Buggin 08-21-2010 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
try sat before noon pacific time. he usually answers

Devin is on vcation from yesterday (Thur) until next Friday, but Melissa will be taking deposit info for him.

KrzyFast 08-22-2010 12:32 PM

I will talk to Melissa then. Thanks Buggin!

KrzyFast 08-23-2010 01:29 PM

Deposit made today with Melissa. I guess at this point I should be added to the list.

Cheers,
KrzyFast

Buggin 08-23-2010 05:18 PM

Deposit made today with Melissa. I guess at this point I should be added to the list.

Cheers,
KrzyFast

Thanks! List is updated.

oledoc2u 08-23-2010 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Buggin
Thanks! List is updated.

I haven't committed to the second one yet, but I am working on it...just for the record...I think btt they are ready, I will be too...just a lot going out right now...

brian_omeara07 08-26-2010 03:57 AM

Yeah I agree with you there doc, I CAN'T miss out on this, but have quite a bit of cash just floating out of my bank account, that's why I talked to Wavetrac and they're SUPPOSED to give me a call whenever they actually do the first "pull" of money, so I can say yes or no at that time, but still have a reserved one if need be. Would it be alot to ask for someone to PM me so I can give you my phone number, so that once they DO pull the first deposit, I can be notified? If not i'll just try to remind him once he's back from vacation.

amx1397 08-26-2010 09:27 AM

update on the axle stub,, I got with rudy and sent his 32 axle stub to Dana Clark at autoteck after we talked he said with what i had done to get the 32 to fit into the 6 diff ,he is sure he has spring clips or could get them made so that both axles fit into the 32 rear without a problem,,
rudy had sent me the axle stub ,,, i bought springs clips and made it work in the 6 diff,,,a month ago I shipped my srt6 axle to wavetech( devin took it to Dana at autoteck) ,,, now I havei sent rudy's axle stub to Dana at autoteck , and with the info that dana has he says he is sure there are other diff that this wavetrak will fit ,QUOTE" now you know the rest of the story" jim

Buggin 08-26-2010 10:27 AM

Thanks for explaining that to the rest of the group... I had just inquired yesterday to Dana on what the hold up was. As with development, the process is slow. At least it's not as slow as the military acquisitions/development work I do... it takes 3-4 years to go from Statement of Work to Development/Design to Production!

oledoc2u 08-26-2010 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Buggin
Thanks for explaining that to the rest of the group... I had just inquired yesterday to Dana on what the hold up was. As with development, the process is slow. At least it's not as slow as the military acquisitions/development work I do... it takes 3-4 years to go from Statement of Work to Development/Design to Production!

and that's if funding is there....lol.....I am sure I will do both cars...get my mechanic trained.....he may have to spend some time on the phone with them, but they sound like a first class operation....

Infinite 08-26-2010 09:43 PM

I might be putting myself down for one here in the next 2 months. Just gotta get some stability with the new job

PA/XFIRE 08-27-2010 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by brian_omeara07
Yeah I agree with you there doc, I CAN'T miss out on this, but have quite a bit of cash just floating out of my bank account, that's why I talked to Wavetrac and they're SUPPOSED to give me a call whenever they actually do the first "pull" of money, so I can say yes or no at that time, but still have a reserved one if need be. Would it be alot to ask for someone to PM me so I can give you my phone number, so that once they DO pull the first deposit, I can be notified? If not i'll just try to remind him once he's back from vacation.

Devin told me he also would call me when they have a decision that they can make the part. He would then take my credit card info and take the deposit. Buggin if i didn't already tell you,add me to your list. Sorry but i can't remember. THANKS LARRY

KrzyFast 08-28-2010 12:56 AM

Weren't they supposed to call today letting us know they were or were not going to build the diff?