Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Malfunction light

Old 06-30-2010, 08:30 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Malfunction light

Last night on my way home whilst I was leasurely driving a light on my dash came on, once I got home I checked the manual to learn it's the malfunction light. It says to bring it in if the light doesn't go away. This morning on the way to work the light came on instantly and stayed on. My car has been running fine is there anybody else who has any experiance with this? I really hope I don't have any problems..

Old 06-30-2010, 10:17 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Malfunction light

You need to scan the MIL code. It will tell you what the problem is. Many minor problems will not affect drivability.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:30 PM
THREE 6S

Originally Posted by lacerdaschoon
Last night on my way home whilst I was leasurely driving a light on my dash came on, once I got home I checked the manual to learn it's the malfunction light. It says to bring it in if the light doesn't go away. This morning on the way to work the light came on instantly and stayed on. My car has been running fine is there anybody else who has any experiance with this? I really hope I don't have any problems..
What light was it? The check engine?

Old 09-17-2011, 12:40 AM

Just something I had happen to me that might help someone else out..Ive had the light on from time to time ..comes and goes but just recently read a post from UK Crossfire saying that to reset sensor control unit (or something similar) to press Throttle down..switch ignition on but do not start engine, hold for 10 seconds ..I got a audible signal ..beep..then switch off.and release throttle..Bingo!!! malfuction lite dissapeared..might be worth a try ....