Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Update on the new car...

Old 09-21-2010, 07:41 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update on the new car...

As some of you may know I traded SRT6 in a while ago for a *cough* CSRT4. Ended up hating it and traded it in for a 2009 Corvette Z51 M6. Well I finally got around to doing my first mods today. Scheduled an appointment with ECS (East Coast Supercharging) to have a Vararam Intake, Kooks LT Headers, 160 T-stat, and tune done. I put down 425whp and 422wtq. The car just screams now at full throttle- it sounds amazing. I'm going to try and get to the track after I get some drag radials. I'm told by the guys at the shot at this power level I should see mid-low 11's with a good launch.

Here's a shot of the dyno sheet! PS The Vette apparently has torque management as well- which I never knew. The tuner explained it to me. It's no where near as governing as the Calibers but it does feather the throttle to soften shifts. I can tell he removed a bunch of it because I get a good snap in between gears I never had before!

ECS is such an amazing shop- I feel blessed to only live 60 minutes from it!

PS Going back in October for the Paxton SC install w/ meth!

Last edited by cross><hair; 09-21-2010 at 07:43 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:51 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: Update on the new car...

Some of the best print-quality I've seen from a tuning shop.

Nice numbers!

Old 09-21-2010, 08:16 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JHM2K
Some of the best print-quality I've seen from a tuning shop.

Nice numbers!
Their lot was a trip. Never seen so many 10-second or less Corvettes in one place...

Old 09-21-2010, 08:31 PM

^^^^^ BigKid's wheels!!!!

That Vette is SMOKING HOT.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:51 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JHM2K
^^^^^ BigKid's wheels!!!!

That Vette is SMOKING HOT.
Indeed it was- it runs 9's to boot!

Old 09-21-2010, 09:01 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

great numbers i bet your having a lot of fun with your new car.

any videos of it?

Old 09-21-2010, 09:58 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mrphotoman
great numbers i bet your having a lot of fun with your new car.

any videos of it?

Thanks man- unfortunately no not yet (other than a cheesy iPhone video of one of the dyno pulls). I talked to Chris (distantpulse) and we may be meeting at the track next tuesday. If I can't get it too hook I won't make it past 12's.

Old 09-21-2010, 11:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cross><hair
Thanks man- unfortunately no not yet (other than a cheesy iPhone video of one of the dyno pulls). I talked to Chris (distantpulse) and we may be meeting at the track next tuesday. If I can't get it too hook I won't make it past 12's.
Let me know if you guys go, I won't be running, but I might come watch.

Old 09-22-2010, 02:30 AM
Forum Regular

I bet those headers sound nice i love the sound of small block chevy . but on a side not isn't 160 T-stat too cold? not sure on the LSX motors but if you running too cold alot of times the plugs get fouled up and you start developing alot of carbon deposits.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:02 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ZAHANMA
Let me know if you guys go, I won't be running, but I might come watch.

Sure thing- contact Chris too, as I want to go when he can definitely make it. I'd like to line up against him to see how I do. My biggest concern is getting out of the hole property. It's a manual with a LOT more torque. I'm assuming it'll be a lot harder than the 6 was.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:05 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ProjectMayhem
I bet those headers sound nice i love the sound of small block chevy . but on a side not isn't 160 T-stat too cold? not sure on the LSX motors but if you running too cold alot of times the plugs get fouled up and you start developing alot of carbon deposits.

Yeah the headers made the sound a bit tinnier and louder but in a good way. At WOT it just WAILS. I thought the blast furnace sound of the SRT6 was dramatic.

Regarding the T-stat, I don't know. I trust ECS, as they are one of the most renown shops in the entire country for working on LSx engines. A lot of their customers have their cars trailered in from other parts of the country. It's just a fringe benefit living so close to them!

Old 09-22-2010, 09:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sure thing- contact Chris too, as I want to go when he can definitely make it. I'd like to line up against him to see how I do. My biggest concern is getting out of the hole property. It's a manual with a LOT more torque. I'm assuming it'll be a lot harder than the 6 was.
Is Chris still running his car? Last I heard, he had kind of stopped running it until he could get the fuel issue fixed...Did he get it fixed? Haven't seen him on here in quite some time, though I'd be willing to bet he lurks a lot and posts a little.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:00 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ZAHANMA
Is Chris still running his car? Last I heard, he had kind of stopped running it until he could get the fuel issue fixed...Did he get it fixed? Haven't seen him on here in quite some time, though I'd be willing to bet he lurks a lot and posts a little.
He hasn't run it in a while. I don't believe anything new was done to address fueling. He wants to do the gamblers races. I don't like tuesdays for that reason but at least the track will be staged well (ie good traction). It's just that the Corvette's OEM tires are run-flats and have super stiff side-walls as a result. I don't know if lowering the air pressure will help traction like it does on the 6.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:06 AM

He hasn't run it in a while. I don't believe anything new was done to address fueling. He wants to do the gamblers races. I don't like tuesdays for that reason but at least the track will be staged well (ie good traction). It's just that the Corvette's OEM tires are run-flats and have super stiff side-walls as a result. I don't know if lowering the air pressure will help traction like it does on the 6.
i will sell you my drag radials if you want some traction

Old 09-22-2010, 04:03 PM
Forum Regular

i will sell you my drag radials if you want some traction
I'll have to get wheels first- then I'll know what size tires to go with. I would like to sell the stock 5-star "Gumby" wheels and get something more aggressive (but NOT chrome).

Old 09-22-2010, 08:45 PM

I'll have to get wheels first- then I'll know what size tires to go with. I would like to sell the stock 5-star "Gumby" wheels and get something more aggressive (but NOT chrome).

Looks great in white, good choice!

Old 09-22-2010, 09:01 PM
Forum Regular

Looks great in white, good choice!

Thanks. It was used so I didn't get much "choice" but it's grown on me. Very easy to maintain. My favorite colors are there Atomic Orange (almost copper looking), and Cyber Grey!

Old 09-22-2010, 10:24 PM
Forum Regular

I love the car cross-hair...I was recently in LA and I saw a few nice vette's I really wanted to see the ZR1 but didn't spot any.

I cant believe everyone in the US doesn't have the new Chevy Camaro, we hired the 6 cyl and it was an absoulte blast to drive I cant even begin to imagine how nice the SS is..and there so resonably priced aswell from memory $33k for a brand new SS? I'm not sure how much dealers in the US charge for on road costs but thats still damn cheap.

Once you get your supercharger what sort of times will you be hoping for cross hair? 10's?

Old 09-22-2010, 10:33 PM

Have you considered the Forgestar F14? Looks similar to the ZR-1 wheel, but it's a lot lighter and not chrome. You can get them in a variety of finishes. Should run ~$1,600 a set... Custom built to your offsets...

Old 09-23-2010, 11:10 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kolevski
I love the car cross-hair...I was recently in LA and I saw a few nice vette's I really wanted to see the ZR1 but didn't spot any.

I cant believe everyone in the US doesn't have the new Chevy Camaro, we hired the 6 cyl and it was an absoulte blast to drive I cant even begin to imagine how nice the SS is..and there so resonably priced aswell from memory $33k for a brand new SS? I'm not sure how much dealers in the US charge for on road costs but thats still damn cheap.

Once you get your supercharger what sort of times will you be hoping for cross hair? 10's?
The Camaro is nice but it lost a bit of it's luster since the new 5.0 Mustang came out. It's better in every way than the Camaro. More power, lighter, and handles better.

There was a guy at ECS that got his Supercharged 2010 Camaro dynoed and it put down about 100 more HP than mine- however his best time at the track is only a 12.8. They make a lot of power but are pigs in weight.

Yeah the basic SC kit should yeild mid 10's w/ tires and good driver. Remove the restrictor plate on the intake and the boost goes from 7-8psi to around 12 at which time you'll NEED meth and a new tune. With those mods it's capable of high 9's w/ tires.

My concern about being a track rat with this kind of power is the active rear axel. I've seen too many high-powered C6's grenade their rear at the line w/ sticky tires. I may stick to racing 1600cc sport bikes from roll-ons until I can beef up the rear & clutch.

Quick Reply: Update on the new car...