Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Wind restrictors

Old 10-12-2010, 11:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wind restrictors

I was just looking at the pictures of the wind restrictors for the Crossfire Roadster. Way cool. Does anyone have real life experience with the effectiveness of these things. Do they really make a difference in the wind in the cockpit? Are they as easy to install as the ads say? Would be nice on my SRT 6.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:17 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Wind restrictors

The WindRestrictor brand of wind deflectors work fairly well. They are not as effective as the mesh wind deflector, so if you are purely concerned about effectiveness, the Adamesh may be a better choice for you. You can find them here: Wind Deflector For Chrysler Crossfire. If, however; you really like the cool factor of the WindRestrictor brand, it is a great compromise of looks and functionality. I have the WindRestrictor, and I am very pleased with it.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

another way to go is the honda s2000 areoscreen. i found mine on ebay for 50$. drill 2 holes and install nylocks and bolts and your done!

Last edited by 32krazy!; 01-01-2011 at 11:02 AM.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
another way to go is the honda s2000 areoscreen. i found mine on ebay for 50$. drill 2 holes and install nylocks and bolts and your done!
Steve, that thing looks about as useful as a trap door on a canoe. Does it reduce any cabin turbulence?

Old 10-12-2010, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by bmorgan
Steve, that thing looks about as useful as a trap door on a canoe. Does it reduce any cabin turbulence?

LAMAO !!!

Old 10-12-2010, 02:13 PM

OUCH!! well you tell me how it works. i have called you before with the top down. could you tell the difference? for me it works great. if you want a taller screen ricks2k.com has a taller screen you can install

Old 10-12-2010, 02:22 PM
Former Vendor

Our WindRestrictor blocks a significant amount of turbulence. Write me personally at Sales@kingpennindustries.com and I'll give you a discount code!

crossfire_windrestrictor_dec5-1.jpg

IMG_3654.jpg

coolcustomXF-2.jpg

crossfire_windrestrictor_dec8-1.jpg

Old 10-12-2010, 02:24 PM

OUCH!! well you tell me how it works. i have called you before with the top down. could you tell the difference? for me it works great. if you want a taller screen ricks2k.com has a taller screen you can install
OUCH!! LOL.... You know me Steve..... Just my southern humor. I have often thought about going the Adamesh route as people have posted that there is almost no moving air inside the cabin. With my WindRestrictor, which is much taller than yours, there is still noticeable turbulence inside. But, I usually always have my windows down when the top is down. I am not sure how much you can expect from any of them while the windows are down.

Old 10-12-2010, 02:30 PM

OUCH!! LOL.... You know me Steve..... Just my southern humor. I have often thought about going the Adamesh route as people have posted that there is almost no moving air inside the cabin. With my WindRestrictor, which is much taller than yours, there is still noticeable turbulence inside. But, I usually always have my windows down when the top is down. I am not sure how much you can expect from any of them while the windows are down.
i actually like some wind in the cab with the top down. this was just enough to keep the noise from bothering my ears. ricks has a much taller shield but i didnt want it. i also love the w/r just hate the way they mount. tried a couple different types before the s2000.

Old 10-12-2010, 02:36 PM
Former Vendor
Thumbs up Re: Wind restrictors

For our product the WindRistrictor found here www.windrestrictor.com , we offer a 12 Volt adaptor for the illumination. This process takes all of about 10 minutes. The product itself requires no drilling or permanent modification at all. It’s held to your roadster with 2 screws that mount into existing holes in your rear panel.

Please give us a call if we can help explain any of this for you. = )

972-487-5987

We stand behind our products 100% !

~David

Old 10-12-2010, 02:45 PM

I can certainly attest to their great customer support. I had an issue with my LED strip, and they took care of it promptly, and courteously. They are a top notch company.

Old 10-12-2010, 04:04 PM

Hey guy's I don't mean to hijack but while I have you two together Bob and Steve I may be trading my 6 , I have found a damn sweet SL55 AMG ,BLK on BLK and it has really turned my head ,I drove it last night and it scared the sh%t out of me ,,.....

Old 10-12-2010, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by hcarter
Hey guy's I don't mean to hijack but while I have you two together Bob and Steve I may be trading my 6 , I have found a damn sweet SL55 AMG ,BLK on BLK and it has really turned my head ,I drove it last night and it scared the sh%t out of me ,,.....
Dang Howard...... I wish I could buy your SRT. You know I think that you have the best looking SRT Roadster on the forum.... mine included. But..... an SLK 55 AMG..... now that is one car I would have no problem selling my car for. Plus, you will be much happier with a black car. LOL I hope it goes well for you, and I can't wait to see it. I may have to take a road trip up your way.

Old 10-12-2010, 04:29 PM

Bob this car is so awesome I never even give the color a second thought ....
Thanks for the complement ,, But your car looks Awesome too.....,,,I'm going to sit down with them tomorrow night ,,,,,I'm not going to give mine away ,,if you know what I mean

this is not the car but its identical to it

Last edited by hcarter; 10-12-2010 at 04:36 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:05 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

I've had the oem wind restrictor for five years and it helps a little when the windows are down, more when they are up, but don't expect miracles. There is still some air that hits you in the back of the neck through the footman loops. It also catches all the road spray when driving in any type of rain with the top down and needs to be cleaned. I'd recommend it more for the "cool" factor, especially if it lights up, rather for truly effective blocking of wind and buffeting. I still cannot light a cigar with the top down and windows up in spite of the wind restrictor.

Old 10-12-2010, 07:33 PM

sl55 bob not the slk55. whole nother animal!!! howard i love the sl55. what yr? check the airmatic if its not an 03. big $$$ to repair if needed. you might want to lurk on mbworld for things that go wrong. definately a high dollar car maintence wise. airmatic 7000$!!! i think the 03 still has the shock and spring setup

Old 10-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Here's some shots of my mesh screen. I'm very pleased with it's look and function.

Old 10-12-2010, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
Here's some shots of my mesh screen. I'm very pleased with it's look and function.

that isnt half bad looking!! what is the brand?

Old 11-06-2010, 04:32 PM
Former Vendor

Currently, we're running our annual Holiday Special. All custom work is 50% off and you also get 15% off of the price of the WindRestrictor.

SRT6? We have many options! Email us here Stephen@windrestrictor.com

Old 11-08-2010, 11:36 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that isnt half bad looking!! what is the brand?
i too would like the info on the mesh screen. that looks great.

Quick Reply: Wind restrictors