Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Anyone using Hagerty Insurance?

Old 12-13-2010, 12:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone using Hagerty Insurance?

After seeing their many commercials on some of the car shows on TV, I went to their site to get a quote on my SRT6. A nice feature is the "guaranteed value". It would appear that you can justify why you should get what the car is really worth and not just use some silly rating book like KBB or NADA.

We all know, if kept well, the value of these cars is far above what many insurance companies are willing to pay to fix or replace.

If any of you have insurance with them, let's hear your experience. I would like to know how they handled your claim if anyone who has/had a policy and needed to file a claim?

My on-line quote for a guaranteed value of $22K was only $560 a year. 100/300 liability and $250 deductible. 7K miles per year. A very good price for SoCal.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone using Hagerty Insurance?

That is collector car insurance and is for limited use. I have collector car insurance for my 1971 Plymouth Cuda.

from there website

Usage

Hagerty provides coverage for collector vehicles that are used on a limited basis — e.g. club functions, exhibitions, organized meets, tours and limited pleasure driving.

Regular-use vehicles

All household members with a valid driver’s license must have a regular-use vehicle for daily driving. Motorcycles and public transportation are not considered regular use vehicles for our program. Applicants must also maintain regular-use insurance in his or her own name.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:43 PM

I used them when I had my Corvair Vert, they had great pricing and super good claim service. Problem is, they won't take Crossfires. I saw on their web site that they did Prowlers so I thought hey maybe our cars so I emailed and asked them. Got a nice answer but bottom line is no. I knew the limitations from before and I told them we have 3 vehicles for 2 drivers and the Crossfire never gets driven in bad weather parked all Winter etc, but they said no because it will get driven to work during nice weather and treated like a car and not a show piece. I was very honest about the usage of the car since I knew what their rules were and they gave me what I figured but I told them I liked their service so I wanted to verify. This was like two weeks ago, great folks to have if you have an old car that isn't driven a lot but it's not their gig to do regular car insurance. FWIW

Joe

Old 12-13-2010, 11:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SRT SIX
After seeing their many commercials on some of the car shows on TV, I went to their site to get a quote on my SRT6. A nice feature is the "guaranteed value". It would appear that you can justify why you should get what the car is really worth and not just use some silly rating book like KBB or NADA.

We all know, if kept well, the value of these cars is far above what many insurance companies are willing to pay to fix or replace.

If any of you have insurance with them, let's hear your experience. I would like to know how they handled your claim if anyone who has/had a policy and needed to file a claim?

My on-line quote for a guaranteed value of $22K was only $560 a year. 100/300 liability and $250 deductible. 7K miles per year. A very good price for SoCal.
Yes I have them and same coverage as your quote for $415 a year. Have never had a claim so can't vouch for that end, but always very easy to deal with and renew. I've been with them 3 1/2 years. After a renewal they sent me an email to call in. They wanted to cancel because they weren't insuring regular crossfires. I told them to look at my pics and see it's an SRT6 with only limited numbers. No problem after that it's insured as an exotic. Although I've only put under 11k miles in all those years, they have never asked to verify mileage.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:27 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think having an SRT6 must be the key. That and the low miles per year. I think that is why they gave me the quote.

Originally Posted by cruzinquick
Yes I have them and same coverage as your quote for $415 a year. Have never had a claim so can't vouch for that end, but always very easy to deal with and renew. I've been with them 3 1/2 years. After a renewal they sent me an email to call in. They wanted to cancel because they weren't insuring regular crossfires. I told them to look at my pics and see it's an SRT6 with only limited numbers. No problem after that it's insured as an exotic. Although I've only put under 11k miles in all those years, they have never asked to verify mileage.

Old 12-14-2010, 06:01 AM

I use Hagertys on collector cars, Erie on drivers and house and Flo progressive on bikes. I negotiate cost and coverage Gary

Old 12-14-2010, 07:42 AM
Forum Regular

I use Hagerty for my 1940 Packard. I've been familiar with the company for many, many years, and they are a fine family-run company. I'm surprised they'd insure a Crossfire on a single-car policy, though. Usually you can get away with insuring a new(er) enthusiast-type car with the specialty companies if you've already got a policy for the older collector cars.

Old 12-14-2010, 09:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cruzinquick
I've had them for a couple of years I have 3 cars with them, at one point it was only my 04 Crossfire not the SRT I had no problem they insured as an exotic. Since then I put my 82 Firebird back on the road and added an SRT Crossfire. The Crossfires are insured for $18,000 each and my Firebird is insured at $10,000, my premium is $925.00 per year. The value may be a little high but that's whats nice about Hagerty, they don't go by KBB or any other price guide.

Old 12-14-2010, 09:14 AM
Senior Member/Moderator

It is collector car insurance however in some states you can build in additional coverage. Its state specific as to how they are filed in your state. I sell it here in Maryland but I'm insured with Grundy, half the price of Hagerty.
Pat

Old 12-14-2010, 10:28 AM
RPM

Hagerty said they will not insure my SRT6. Same with Grundy, etc. 8,178 miles on it, not driven in rain/snow, cold weather, or very much at all

Old 12-15-2010, 12:21 AM

I have had Hagerty Insurance for my SRT6 the last couple years. Great rates. No claim experience which is fine.

Old 02-11-2012, 10:11 PM
Thumbs up Re: Anyone using Hagerty Insurance?

I am now paying 1800.00 a year srt6. Hagerty quoted 680$ a year 6000 miles 18ooo replacement dollars , This is with tow service, covers theft of property from car, $300 max ,also covers more bodily injury and other coverage . You input the coverage you want and it has a line item price. There is a special section you chose for crossfire i think it is special interest car s Also every license driver in household must have insurance on another car. We have 3 drivers in household all drivers have company cars and company pays for insurance appears we qualified. Check their site you my save a lot

Old 02-11-2012, 11:38 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

485 .00 yr must have newer car on diff ins ,must pay buy the yr

Old 02-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Forum Regular
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have both my convertible SRT6 and my MG on a Hagerty policy, about $790 a year, but as previously stated each driver in the household must have a daily driver with full coverage with a different insurance company

Old 02-12-2012, 03:10 PM

Grundy said they would insure my 05 limited, but their quote was about 10% higher for the same coverage as Century 21.

I have cars insured with both companies, but seems Grundy's bids get higher than Century 21 each year so this year I will just give Century 21 both houses and all thecars.