Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

My new Daily.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:20 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new Daily.

Well, i got a new daily driver. A 04 Maxima 6 speed and yea you guess it, the bug bit me and i went mod crazy on it for the last 2-3 months. Sadly i put the srt-6 aways and havent driven it at all. . Except for the occasional drive around the block and 10 min idle to keep it from vegetating.I've also been cheating on this forum with Maxima.org. anways whats been going on??? Did Waldig release that mod he was talking about. I know he was working on something promising. I cant wait to get cooler weather and slap something new on so i can go back to the track with new mods. I sat in my srt-6 today and whoa do i miss it. It great driving a manual but man the srt-6 truely is one bad *** machine!

July2011185.jpg

July2011-1004.jpg

July2011-1179.jpg

One of the 6
IMG_1049.jpg

Old 08-02-2011, 07:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: My new Daily.

twin 74mm t/b at the front of the dual cai from woody. wavetrac diff built and shipped to everyone. 13dog sold his srt-6 for a slk55. and rudy still ugly as all get out!!

Old 08-02-2011, 09:46 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

The A34 is a nice sedan, one of our better long-term vehicles. (When I say our I mean the company I work for, Nissan)

What does the mod list look like? Right now all I can see is G35 wheels and a painted lower grille section on the front fascia...

Sweet ride nonetheless. How's that torque steer?

Old 08-03-2011, 10:49 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Very nice those Maxima's. I've always been a fan of 4-doors; way more practical. And sunroofs for ventilation. Great that you kept the 6. I felt the need to comment because it is identical to ours including Karl's badges in the side strakes and center caps.

To JHM2K, do you know Ben Turpin there @ Nissan? If you do, go blow his mind and say Hi from Bob Attwood in Calif.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:00 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice Maxima. It appears you and I have two of the same Make/Model/Year vehicles.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:45 AM

Always been a fan especially the new infiniti M35, ahem, I mean Nissan Maxima

That is clean and I dig the G wheels, what else have you done?

Old 08-03-2011, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
Always been a fan especially the new infiniti M35, ahem, I mean Nissan Maxima
The Max and the M35 are quite different animals, in fact.

M35 is Japan built, Max is US-made. Max is FWD, Infiniti M is RWD/AWD, with much more robust powerplants available (up to a 5.6L in the current application )

They're similar in size, and the fact that it's a sedan, but little else.

Old 08-03-2011, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by dinasrt
To JHM2K, do you know Ben Turpin there @ Nissan? If you do, go blow his mind and say Hi from Bob Attwood in Calif.
I looked him up in our global directory and it shows he's in NMMC Engineering... 931 area code on his phone so I'm not sure where they've got him stationed, maybe Decherd? HQ is a 615 area code, I'm at the NPRC in Mt. Juliet (technically Gladeville) and don't have much interaction with engineering unless it's in supply-chain management.

If I ever come across him, I'll say hey for ya! I have at least heard the name here before, so I know he exists

Old 08-03-2011, 12:51 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JHM2K
If I ever come across him, I'll say hey for ya! I have at least heard the name here before, so I know he exists
I'm pretty sure he works there in Decherd. He's in the Winchester area.

Back on topic, Do Maximas have good aftermarket support for mods?

Old 08-03-2011, 02:13 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Twin throttle bodies eh? sounds great. i will have to look into it. Well besides the g35 wheels and progress springs and painted front grill theres a cold air intake, nwp block off plate and racingline y pipe. torque steer galore. but i almost compeletely used to it by now. very fun car to drive. Plenty of creature comforts and great sounding vq35. I've even taken it to the 1/8 mile. got a best of 9.3@75 stockish which is about a 14.4-14.5, more or less what a N/A crossfire runs. fun daily. I LOVE DRIVING MANUAL!! anyways i always thought the m35 was powered by a vq35? and the m45 was the v8.

Old 08-03-2011, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by dinasrt
I'm pretty sure he works there in Decherd. He's in the Winchester area.

Back on topic, Do Maximas have good aftermarket support for mods?
Yep, that's Decherd. Very nice facility.

The 3.5 V-6 is a great daily, but the aftermarket is only so-so and from what I've gatherered, you'll end up dropping several thousands to get the motor up to modest performance figures, and then reliability goes south. These things don't like turbos, either...

Cosmetically, there are a handful of body kits, all aftermarket. Nissan normally relinqishes support of Genuine Accessories after 1-2 years tops. Lowering springs are also available, but the Genuine NISMO mods are fairly limited (and grossly expensive).

Regarding performance, the Altima Coupe 3.5 is the family screamer. Good for low 14's if driven right, from the factory. But that suspension...

Old 08-03-2011, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Holycrap
anyways i always thought the m35 was powered by a vq35? and the m45 was the v8.
That is correct.

The VQ35 was used in everything from the Quest to the Rogue... and most infiniti models. In the FX and later M's and 350-Zs ('07+) it was the VQ35hr... 303 HP.

The M45 uses the V-8 rated at 325 HP... The M56 (2011 model) is the bad boy. But I enjoy the M45 much more, as the powerband suits the car more. Much more sonorous exhaust note too.

Last edited by JHM2K; 08-03-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:35 PM

Excellent article covering all the various iterations of the M... There's a table near the bottom with a breakdown of the engines, and their applications.

Infiniti M - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-04-2011, 03:00 AM

I've always loved the Maximas when it comes to 4 doors. Nice one you got there and love the wheels!

Old 08-04-2011, 07:40 AM

They're similar in size, and the fact that it's a sedan, but little else.
I was under the impression they shared quite a bit more, like a frame and several other structural components, and based on their shapes, you would be hard pressed to convince me otherwise. Its hard for me to believe that 2 incredibly similar cars built by the same company share little more than both being sedans

But I do not work with them everyday, so you may know things I do not, hell maybe I am thinking of older models, either way, lots of similarities...

Old 08-04-2011, 09:14 AM

I was under the impression they shared quite a bit more, like a frame and several other structural components, and based on their shapes, you would be hard pressed to convince me otherwise. Its hard for me to believe that 2 incredibly similar cars built by the same company share little more than both being sedans

But I do not work with them everyday, so you may know things I do not, hell maybe I am thinking of older models, either way, lots of similarities...
The subfloor on the Infiniti M is actually based on a modified G35/FX35 platform. In a completely different league.

When you get bored some time, test drive a 2004-2007 Maxima. Then, hit up a test drive on the same year model M-series.

Night & day differences...

Old 08-04-2011, 12:09 PM

The subfloor on the Infiniti M is actually based on a modified G35/FX35 platform. In a completely different league.

When you get bored some time, test drive a 2004-2007 Maxima. Then, hit up a test drive on the same year model M-series.

Night & day differences...
Worked at a BMW/Infiniti dealer detailing through highschool - driven more Ms than I can count and almost bought a 45, strangely enough, never driven that body Maxima LOL

Old 08-04-2011, 12:30 PM

Worked at a BMW/Infiniti dealer detailing through highschool - driven more Ms than I can count and almost bought a 45, strangely enough, never driven that body Maxima LOL
To this day, I still consider owning an M-45... but the Crossie would have to go. A big sacrifice to 'blend in'...

Old 08-05-2011, 07:12 AM

To this day, I still consider owning an M-45... but the Crossie would have to go. A big sacrifice to 'blend in'...
True, but when you or I was done, I have a strong feeling it would do more than blend in

Old 08-05-2011, 08:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I looked him up in our global directory and it shows he's in NMMC Engineering... 931 area code on his phone so I'm not sure where they've got him stationed, maybe Decherd? HQ is a 615 area code, I'm at the NPRC in Mt. Juliet (technically Gladeville) and don't have much interaction with engineering unless it's in supply-chain management.

John, didn't know you did SCM for Nissan. We need to have an offline SCM chat some time, I would love to find out what you are doing for them. My degree is in SCM and well, so is my job.

On a Nissan side note, I was shocked yesterday when I was talking to an auto-writer friend of mine and he took delivery of a 2011 370Z Roadster for the week and the sticker price on it was upwards of $57k. The thought of that blew my mind. Crazy pricing.

Quick Reply: My new Daily.