Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

water in my trunk

Old 06-12-2015, 07:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water in my trunk

we recently got a lot of rain and it got into the trunk, first thing I noticed was my interior lights started flickering and then stayed on and could not turn them off, so I did a search and found the thread water in your trunk, so i pulled the vacuum supply pump/ central locking sys and it was wet so i blew the water off with my compressor inside and out, well now the interior lights don't work at all or my courtesy lights don't come on (fog and parking lights) would the vacuum supply pump/ central locking sys be the problem or the scream module ( it got wet too)? any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 06-12-2015, 09:23 PM
Received 560 Likes on 470 Posts
Default Re: water in my trunk

Originally Posted by amatxcrossfire
we recently got a lot of rain and it got into the trunk, first thing I noticed was my interior lights started flickering and then stayed on and could not turn them off, so I did a search and found the thread water in your trunk, so i pulled the vacuum supply pump/ central locking sys and it was wet so i blew the water off with my compressor inside and out, well now the interior lights don't work at all or my courtesy lights don't come on (fog and parking lights) would the vacuum supply pump/ central locking sys be the problem or the scream module ( it got wet too)? any help would be greatly appreciated!
How did the SKREEM module get wet? It is under the dash.

Old 06-13-2015, 01:33 PM

well I was misinformed on what the other box in the trunk is?

Old 06-13-2015, 04:39 PM

well I was misinformed on what the other box in the trunk is?
That is the tilt module that sounds the siren if the car is lifted at the rear. You switch it off using a switch on the dash when the car is towed, that is the button with the flashing light when locked.

Old 06-14-2015, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
That is the tilt module that sounds the siren if the car is lifted at the rear. You switch it off using a switch on the dash when the car is towed, that is the button with the flashing light when locked.
Thanks for the info! that got wet also is there a way to see if it still works that you know of?

Old 06-14-2015, 04:13 PM

Thanks for the info! that got wet also is there a way to see if it still works that you know of?
I would guess that if it was unscrewed and tilted by hand the siren should sound.

Old 06-15-2015, 11:00 AM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Once you get it all fixed, you might want to make sure it doesn't get wet again:

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ing-plate.html

Old 06-26-2015, 01:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Happened to me , My crossfire mechanic DP Auto in Tampa, FL , Found water in the trunk well ,He realized water was getting past old dried out weatherstripping and adhesive So he removed the rear whale tail spoiler (SRT-6) , He cleaned off all adhesive and deteriorated weather-stripping under the spoiler and mount plate , He used Frost King bendable weather stripping and outlined the entire mounting area and also used sealant on the spoiler bolts also , While doing this he also removed the carpet and foam from the hatch area and well and let in dry out for a long while , Now no leaks or mysterious lights flashing , Luckily my central locking system seems to be functioning OK now , Although unrelated, my under hood cowl alarm siren sounds like a drunken duck whgen activated and I have no arm/disarm chirps , just lights which is OK by me , Good Luck

The following users liked this post:
dejohnny (10-16-2020)
Old 06-26-2015, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by UNDER PSI
Happened to me , My crossfire mechanic DP Auto in Tampa, FL , Found water in the trunk well ,He realized water was getting past old dried out weatherstripping and adhesive So he removed the rear whale tail spoiler (SRT-6) , He cleaned off all adhesive and deteriorated weather-stripping under the spoiler and mount plate , He used Frost King bendable weather stripping and outlined the entire mounting area and also used sealant on the spoiler bolts also , While doing this he also removed the carpet and foam from the hatch area and well and let in dry out for a long while , Now no leaks or mysterious lights flashing , Luckily my central locking system seems to be functioning OK now , Although unrelated, my under hood cowl alarm siren sounds like a drunken duck whgen activated and I have no arm/disarm chirps , just lights which is OK by me , Good Luck
The OEM siren on these cars did not chirp, a newer one does chirp - for a cost of $150 though.

Old 06-26-2015, 08:42 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by UNDER PSI
The battery in the alarm module are weak. There is a thread here how to take it apart and change the battery.

Old 06-26-2015, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Travish
The battery in the alarm module are weak. There is a thread here how to take it apart and change the battery.
Here it is.

Old 07-02-2015, 02:27 PM

After CAA6 I had a bit of water in the CLU well in the trunk of my 2005 SRT6 Roadster. I am about to pull out the rubber plug in the well so that any future water accumulation runs out before it can get to the CLU. Rubber plug is shown in attached picture (upper left corner next to two Torx screws). The Torx screws are visible from under the car, the rubber piece is not. Seems to be behind some kind of shield. Has anyone done this? Anyone know how water gets into the CLU well without the trunk carpeting getting wet?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
drain.JPG (255.7 KB, 72 views)
The following users liked this post:
dejohnny (10-16-2020)
Old 08-14-2015, 03:25 PM

I also have the same problem, it appears to be the wing leak which i will be addressing next week. I do have a could questions if someone could help me out. approx 2 months ago the siren would randomly go off while running. i had it go off while driving down the highway as well as when i was pulled over. It would last anywhere from .5 seconds to 30 seconds. I ended up just pulling the fuse for the short term. I would assume this is due to the foam padding getting wet and causing a short in that module. One other issue that i cannot seem to solve(probably connected) is approx 2 weeks ago i came home to find the running lights and fog light on. I replaced the battery 3 days ago and still have the running/fog lights stuck on. Is this also connected to the module in the trunk?

As for your question jummier, i punched one of the smaller drains with no issue. Most of the water i had leaking into the trunk was running down the hatch lock cutout. I climbed inside the trunk and have my wife spray it with the hose to see what was going on. Only a little bit would leak through onto the carpet but most would just leak down the inside of the plastic vent area directly below the hatch lock without touching the carpet.

Last edited by jsaredwings; 08-14-2015 at 03:44 PM.
Old 08-15-2015, 01:28 PM

Not sure. Do you have a Coupe or a Roadster? You talk about the hatch cover so I think Coupe, but then you say trunk so I think Roadster. I assume whether it's Roadster or Coupe draining down through the locking mechanism might be the same? Also same subject different thread someone had leakage through the fuel door seal.