Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Srt6 HELP!!!!

Old 08-07-2017, 12:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Srt6 HELP!!!!

So i just recently replaced my intercooler pump since my supercharger was cutting on and off then that didn't fix the issue. Then i was told that it was the (I.A.T)sensor so i replaced that. And my supercharger still cuts on and off while driving. Anyone have a clue what might be wrong with it?

Old 08-07-2017, 01:58 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: Srt6 HELP!!!!

Originally Posted by Bighb101
So i just recently replaced my intercooler pump since my supercharger was cutting on and off then that didn't fix the issue. Then i was told that it was the (I.A.T)sensor so i replaced that. And my supercharger still cuts on and off while driving. Anyone have a clue what might be wrong with it?
Is the SC cooling separated from the engine cooling? If so the system good be lacking in coolant if there is a small leak in the SC cooling system. Possibly an air lock in the circuit as well.
You could also have problems with the SC clutch.
Do you have any codes set?

I assume you have recently purchased the car.

Old 08-07-2017, 02:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The more effort and details you put into posting your question, the higher content answers you will get.

The Intercooler pump failure feels like this: you drive for two minutes, everything is normal. Then you have no power the next time you engage the accelerator. It's pathetically weak and near impossible to accelerate. Then, two minutes later the power is back. That is because every two minutes the supercharger gets too hot without water flow and the computer senses the heat and shuts off the booost. The solution is the replace the Intercooler pump, unless you have other suspicions. Like, if you have a cooling system segregated by needswings products. Which can, hypothetically, let your coolant run low in your supercharger without affecting your coolant levels anywhere else. Hope this helps

Old 08-07-2017, 03:32 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by TheThomaswastaken
The more effort and details you put into posting your question, the higher content answers you will get.

The Intercooler pump failure feels like this: you drive for two minutes, everything is normal. Then you have no power the next time you engage the accelerator. It's pathetically weak and near impossible to accelerate. Then, two minutes later the power is back. That is because every two minutes the supercharger gets too hot without water flow and the computer senses the heat and shuts off the booost. The solution is the replace the Intercooler pump, unless you have other suspicions. Like, if you have a cooling system segregated by needswings products. Which can, hypothetically, let your coolant run low in your supercharger without affecting your coolant levels anywhere else. Hope this helps
He replaced the pump and no change, I guess I had already mentioned the other things you said.

Old 08-07-2017, 03:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onehundred80
He replaced the pump and no change, I guess I had already mentioned the other things you said.
He didn't describe what it felt like when he lost power. I did, as an example. If his is different, then he'll be sure it's not the IC overheating due to waterflow issues. If his feels like this, then he needs to double-check his work instead of looking for another problem.

Old 08-07-2017, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Is the SC cooling separated from the engine cooling? If so the system good be lacking in coolant if there is a small leak in the SC cooling system. Possibly an air lock in the circuit as well.
You could also have problems with the SC clutch.
Do you have any codes set?

I assume you have recently purchased the car.
This is a good question. I recently changed my pump, and also added the Coolant Isolation Kit at the same time. Afterwards, I still had the issue when driving, so I opened the valves back up on the Isolation Kit and drove it for a few days like that. the issue went away. Apparently mine still had air in the system, and when I isolated the system (too soon), it trapped air in it the intercooler circuit. Even if he doesn't have the Isolation Kit, could be air in the system.

Old 08-11-2017, 03:24 PM

I had this problem earlier in the year and it was do to a fault in the RCM.. Also as stated air trapped in the IC system will cause this problem