Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Kennebell boost a pump - good or bad idea?

Old 11-11-2018, 06:15 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Kennebell boost a pump - good or bad idea?

Hi,
Steven here from Germany.
Question to the tech guys: what are you thinking about booster pumps like kennebellīs boost a pump, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, MSD booster pump etc on the SRT6?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KENNEBELL-K...rSrM:rk:2:pf:0

http://kennebell.net//wp-content/upl...-Explained.pdf
http://kennebell.net/wp-content/uplo...ump-Tech-1.pdf

Can a booster pump work on a SRT6? Looks like a good idea especially on higlhy modded engines when more fuel is needed and fuel system is on the edge.

Pump up the voltage! :-)

Sounds good to me.

Old 11-11-2018, 08:00 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Re: Kennebell boost a pump - good or bad idea?

The fuel pressure regulator can be PROGRAMMED by feeding boost into it, I first did it and flooded the engine with a 9:1 at WOT using stock fuel system. Rob now has the system to control the fuel flow, check with him. The problem with the fuel map is that higher boost is RETARDING the entry of fuel into the engine, because the boost is reducing the effective pressure on the fuel pintel. Enjoy Woody

Old 11-11-2018, 09:53 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Kennebell boost a pump - good or bad idea?

Originally Posted by waldig
The fuel pressure regulator can be PROGRAMMED by feeding boost into it, I first did it and flooded the engine with a 9:1 at WOT using stock fuel system. Rob now has the system to control the fuel flow, check with him. The problem with the fuel map is that higher boost is RETARDING the entry of fuel into the engine, because the boost is reducing the effective pressure on the fuel pintel. Enjoy Woody
I understand. But i think adding a manual boost controller has negative effects as well. During part throttle the ecu fights against the higher fuel pressure and i felt it affects wot as well. after running a couple of months i was back to lean again. had to rise boost pressure up to 5.1 @ wot and engine still was running lean from 5000 up. (AFR >13) in forth gear on the german autobahn. Lean condition gone @ aprx. 5.3 bar (77 psi). Too much for me. (stacked pulleys 166/65 btw).

I like the idea of a pump booster. I could be wrong, but if we can double the fuel pump output with the booster on boost, there shouldn`t be a problem with the boost fighting the fuel pressure back. Imagine double the output volume of a SL55 pump :-) And no effects on part throttle.

Last edited by No2fast; 11-11-2018 at 09:56 AM.