Detail Shop The place to talk about the daily care of your Crossfire and share the products you use to care for your Crossfire

Anybody here...

Old 04-29-2009, 01:20 PM
AlG
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anybody here...

ever try Mother's Powerball for paint or the one for wheels? I was thinking of buying the kit.

Old 04-29-2009, 01:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Anybody here..

Originally Posted by AlG
ever try Mother's Powerball for paint or the one for wheels? I was thinking of buying the kit.
I've used the wheel one... all I can say is ehh.. It polishes pretty well, but it is still alot of work (at least for the shape of the wheels on my mustang). Screw the paint one. I don't think its worth the risk of ruining your paint, because they do collect dirt, and there is a metal rod through the center that attaches to a drill. Cotton towels are great for wheels, and microfiber anything is great for paint.

Old 04-29-2009, 02:28 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What are you looking to do with it, just spread wax or remove defects? I can't imagine removing defects with one of those things, and it seems like more trouble than it's worth for just spreading wax. I've only worked on one car where I thought it might have come in handy, and that was for getting into the air intake cutouts on the upper rear quarters of a Ferrari 360 Modena - I couldn't get a real buffer in there.

Old 04-29-2009, 02:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
What are you looking to do with it, just spread wax or remove defects? I can't imagine removing defects with one of those things, and it seems like more trouble than it's worth for just spreading wax. I've only worked on one car where I thought it might have come in handy, and that was for getting into the air intake cutouts on the upper rear quarters of a Ferrari 360 Modena - I couldn't get a real buffer in there.
Mike,

That is indeed a problem I hope to have one day on my 360 spider

Old 04-29-2009, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by 05XF-LVR
Mike,

That is indeed a problem I hope to have one day on my 360 spider
Please understand the Ferrari was a client's car, not mine. But yes, I'd like to have that sort of problem too!!

Old 04-30-2009, 08:35 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was under the impression it was a client's car, but hopefully you at least got to test out the head turn factor of the amazing wax job with a test drive???? LOL

Old 04-30-2009, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by 05XF-LVR
I was under the impression it was a client's car, but hopefully you at least got to test out the head turn factor of the amazing wax job with a test drive???? LOL
Unfortunately, no. The owner wasn't even around when I did the car.

Back on topic........ I've been thinking about this PB for paint a bit more and I can see where it could come in handy to polish out fine scratches on a painted wheel that would otherwise be difficult to get to by hand and impossible with a traditional buffer. I might have to hit up the guys at the Mother's booth next time we're both at a major event.