Detail Shop The place to talk about the daily care of your Crossfire and share the products you use to care for your Crossfire

Interior protection

Old 04-06-2019, 04:17 PM
Forum Regular
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Interior protection

Is there anything better to use for the interior protection of our XF's than Amour All? I want something that is safe on the material of the dash, interior door panels, console and seats to protect them from the harsh sun ray's. Something that is not gummy or sticky and does not have a oily residue. Something that is UV protective. Something that smells good would also be a plus.

I solicit your opinions.

Jim

Old 04-06-2019, 05:34 PM
Forum Regular
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: Interior protection

I've had good luck with this stuff, 303 Aerospace Protectant

Old 04-06-2019, 06:32 PM
Forum Regular

Thanks Maggy. I have some of that and I will try it inside. I was using it mainly on the exterior rubber and plastic parts. I'll try it inside the car.

Jim

Old 07-22-2019, 11:08 AM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Holian
Is there anything better to use for the interior protection of our XF's than Amour All? I want something that is safe on the material of the dash, interior door panels, console and seats to protect them from the harsh sun ray's. Something that is not gummy or sticky and does not have a oily residue. Something that is UV protective. Something that smells good would also be a plus.

I solicit your opinions.

Jim
Jim, I've used this stuff on all my vehicles EXCEPT my Crossfire only because I have not gotten around to it (new to me XF) But I can tell you it hits ALL of your wants listed above! You'll have to test it on the XF interior materials, but just wanted to point this stuff out. Available (usually) at WalMart.

Old 07-22-2019, 11:21 AM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Holian

I solicit your opinions.

Jim
Some would say that anything is better than Armour All.
I tried it on a dash once and the dash got too shiny, it was hell at night, so I scrubbed the dash with soap and water.
I put my faith in Maguires products for what its worth.

Old 07-22-2019, 10:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Jim! I have always used the Gtechniq products on all of my cars and have never been disappointed with the results.....and protection usually lasts a minimum of three years!

https://usa.gtechniq.com

I just finished detailing 2005 Ltd Roadster from bumper to bumper as well as interior. The products are easy to use and protection lasts a LONG time. I detailed the finish on a 2014 car when I first purchased it with one coat of Crystal Serum Light followed up with two coats of EVOv4. This car goes to the car wash every week and the water STILL sheets off the finish. The finish looks like it came out of the show room!

I did the same detailing with the Gtechniq products on my Roadster. I basically used all of their products on wheel rims, leather seats, dash and other plastic interior parts, waterproofed the carpeting and floor mats as well.

I'll send some pics tomorrow!

Old 07-23-2019, 12:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used products from this company

https://usa.gtechniq.com/products/auto/

I first used it on my 2014 auto and after 5 years and weekly car washes, the finish still looks like it when I first got the car AND water still runs off the car.....makes drying the finish easy! A single VERY thin application of Crystal Serum Light followed up by 2 coats of EXOv4 Ultra Durable Hydrophobic Coating. It's sounds time consuming, but you use VERY light applications so the process goes quickly. You will be amazed at the slick shine/finish. Everything slides off the hood of my Crossfire

For the dash and other inside plastic parts, I used C6 Matt Dash AB that leave a durable matt finish. For all the rubber like material (window seals, the rubber part of the roadster convertible top) C4 Permanent Trim Restorer. For the rims I used C5 Wheel Armour (leaves a VERY durable finish that brake dust does not adhere), tires I used T2 Tyre Dressing...gives nice gloss that lasts for a long time. and lastly L1 Leather Guard AB that brought the leather seats back to life!

Gtechniq is a UK based company that decided to open up show in US.

I can send some pics,if you want) of the finished detail both in and outside my Crossfire. You will NOT be disappointed with any of the Gtechniq products!

Old 07-23-2019, 10:22 AM
Forum Regular

Longbeach - I went to their website and found what I was looking for. Thanks for the input.

Jim