Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

magnaflow to produce exhaust system for xF ! if we speak up ! listed on site as...

Old 01-30-2007, 07:42 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default magnaflow to produce exhaust system for xF ! if we speak up ! listed on site as...

...as "coming soon" and has been such for months ... the more people call and request a build date for them the quicker it will become a reality ... just give them a email saying you are interested in the system and would like to see it produced soon hopefully since it has been in the works for what seems like to be forever ...

here is their email address: muffler@magnaflow.com

part number of the xF system: 16633

speak up people ! if you are remotely interested in what they could have to offer, email them and let it be known ! if you really want something different than the borla, really email them and let them know ! this is the ticket to getting us more aftermarket support, one part by one, and more will come on their own ... this will give you a alternative to replacements for worn parts down the road as well (stock system is over $1,000 from dealer)!

Old 01-30-2007, 07:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: magnaflow to produce exhaust system for xF ! if we speak up ! listed on site as...

i just sent them email.

Old 01-30-2007, 08:15 PM
Forum Regular
Default magnaflow to produce exhaust system for xF ! if we speak up ! listed on site as...

I'm listening to sound clips of exhaust systems on their website. Would you think that the Crossfire would sound similar to the G35/350Z?

Old 01-30-2007, 08:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: magnaflow to produce exhaust system for xF ! if we speak up ! listed on site as...

why don't you just buy a magnaflow muffler and have it welded on. what's the waiting list for, it's just a muffler how hard is that to make. I don't see any reason for them to do the whole after cat thing, the rear pipe is a decent size, and it's not restrictive.

What they need to make is the upper exhaust, that's where the restrictions are, especially with that flattened passenger pipe. Maybe an off-road catless version.

Old 01-30-2007, 08:37 PM
Forum Regular

I would like to buy a cat-back so that I don't have to cut up the stock exhaust so that I can keep it around in case I would like to reinstall it for various reasons.

Old 01-30-2007, 10:18 PM

I e-mailed them also, not really interested in Magnaflow, not really my preference. Would rather see a Remus or Eisenmann Exhaust System. But the Crossfire needs some attention and some aftermarket parts.

Old 01-30-2007, 10:33 PM
RPM

I plan on keeping mine basically bone stock.
I'll shoot them an email though. It would be nice to have some choices as far as Crossfire parts are concerned.

Old 01-31-2007, 12:36 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: magnaflow to produce exhaust system for xF ! if we speak up ! listed on site as..

Originally Posted by Maxwell
why don't you just buy a magnaflow muffler and have it welded on. what's the waiting list for, it's just a muffler how hard is that to make. I don't see any reason for them to do the whole after cat thing, the rear pipe is a decent size, and it's not restrictive.

What they need to make is the upper exhaust, that's where the restrictions are, especially with that flattened passenger pipe. Maybe an off-road catless version.
that's an option for me ... but i have a garage, jack stands, a mig welder, and a daily driver ... 99% of the crossfire owners lack one of those at least ...
it would be nice to see another bolt on system available for the car, hopefully one that unleashes the true tone of this engine.

Old 01-31-2007, 08:05 AM

Mention the SRT as well ... BTW... Email Sent.

Old 01-31-2007, 09:09 AM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

email sent in support of systems for both models.

Old 01-31-2007, 04:25 PM

I sent an email also, requesting a full off-road race exhaust, we'll see what comes of it?

Old 01-31-2007, 05:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I found this site looking for aftermarket exhaust, one of the mufflers have AMG tip's and there is also one that is adjustable. I believe there's even one that has a manual bypass, they are pretty good prices too. I'm always to chicken to be the first one to buy something without knowing all the facts.

http://www.slickcar.com/performance_exhaust.asp

Old 01-31-2007, 09:22 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: magnaflow to produce exhaust system for xF ! if we speak up ! listed on site as..

I have also sent Magnaflow an email.

Old 03-25-2007, 12:11 AM

I just sent an email to... I'd really like to see something else than the Borla... I saw the videos on youtube and have heard the note on that system and I'm not too sure I like it, plus if Magnaflow can eek out more hp/torque that would be interesting... we'll just have to wait and see I guess... They say if it's been assigned a part number they are about 90 days away from product; however that may or may not be the case depending on demand so every email helps people!

Old 03-25-2007, 04:08 AM

Sent an email requesting systems for both Crossfire models.

Old 03-27-2007, 01:30 PM
Forum Regular

i am glad you guys have taken the time to email them ... i had to do this with my PT cruiser GT when they had a part number for a 2.5 in exhaust for the turbo model but did not produce it for 4 months ... after getting interest on the ptcrew forum and others i was able to get enough people to email them to make a difference ... after all they are investing heavy funds into the development and production, they need reassurance that it will be grabbed with open arms...

i know i am willing to wait a bit longer for what they have to offer before i go to make my own...

Old 03-28-2007, 02:02 PM

I have also sent an email. I sold my roadster and picked up an SRT6. I love this car.

Old 03-31-2007, 09:26 AM

i have a custom magna flow exhaust system. we cut the pipes off after the 2nd set of cats and put a 2 1/2" x pipe to balance the pressure of each side of motor then ran 2 1/2" polished stainless steal pipes back to a dual in dual out magna flow muffler with custom oval tips. look at my user gallery to see pic of exhaust.

Old 03-31-2007, 11:59 AM
Forum Regular

That Looks Sooo good !

Wish I could hear it at work.

Any interior resonance issues @ 2,800 - 3,000 rpm under load ?

Torque peak=maximum cylinder pressure=loudest exhaust note...

Cheers,

Cincinnati Slim

Old 03-31-2007, 12:36 PM

it sounds close to a g35 or 350z but louder. i did have a resonance issue but fix it by removing the interior panels in the hatch and then dyno matting everything and also putting polyester packing tightly into any and every cavity i could find. as i replaced the panels i packed more in. that cut alot of the noise out. now it is a tad bit louder than thy stock system was. stopped a lot of road noise also, and helped the bass my subwoofers put out to sound clearer.

Quick Reply: magnaflow to produce exhaust system for xF ! if we speak up ! listed on site as...