Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

What do you all think of this? Supercharger

Old 10-27-2007, 06:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you all think of this? Supercharger

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Super...QQcmdZViewItem

I found this while browsing eBay. Anyone have any input on it? I'm not too knowledgeable when it comes to engines.

Old 10-27-2007, 06:51 AM
RPM
Default Re: What do you all think of this? Supercharger

Most people feel the electric superchargers are basically . . . well . . . garbage.
There is one guy on here who believes in his:
http://www.paulscrossfire.com

Old 10-27-2007, 11:13 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like snake oil, priced like snake oil...

Old 10-27-2007, 11:38 AM

it's been reviewed on here do a search.

Old 10-27-2007, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by RPM
Most people feel the electric superchargers are basically . . . well . . . garbage.
There is one guy on here who believes in his:
http://www.paulscrossfire.com
After reading hundreds and hundreds of posts long ago regarding this, I think RPM gave some good abridged cliff notes there.

Old 10-27-2007, 01:30 PM
Received 73 Likes on 38 Posts

That ebay link is a joke but the e-ram and super e-ram have dyno proven increases in HP. Period.

I don't have one, but its in black and white and its the only electric supercharger I would put in my car. Even if its only 4 to 10 hp it does something.

Old 10-27-2007, 09:25 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the one you posted a link for is a boat blower fan used to evacuate fumes from the cabin ... it will explode eventually as they have a useful life that is not as long as one would hope and send plastic shards into your engine doing major damage ...

you want a real mini forced induction solution ? http://www.electricsupercharger.com/ as mentioned in the post above ... its $580 for the super eram and it will add a few ponies ... nothing crazy but realistic and made to last ... metal blades and construction means it won't fall apart and get sucked into your engine.

Old 10-28-2007, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by MAYAman
That ebay link is a joke but the e-ram and super e-ram have dyno proven increases in HP. Period.

I don't have one, but its in black and white and its the only electric supercharger I would put in my car. Even if its only 4 to 10 hp it does something.
Lol, seriously you believe everything people tell you, I've seen their proven dyno sheet and it's a total fake all the way up to redline. so stupid I can't believe these companies are in business.

Old 10-28-2007, 02:10 PM

For 4-10 hp, you could just buy the turbonator. That's proven, right?
But seriously, I haven't read of anyone ever putting one of those things on a Benz engine... ouch!

Old 10-28-2007, 04:01 PM

I would never buy them but I believe some where on here there is a before and after run on a track with and with out the supercharger and with and without nitrous I believe it is paul there was a minimal not worth it increase... I didn't see his trap times but the only one I have seen worth buying for the crossfire requires 6 battery's in the trunk http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/04...rcharger/Tomas Knight http://www.boosthead.com/home.php for 2k though for that much you might as well save for a real turbo and tune...

Try this if that doesn't work...
http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/04..._supercharger/

Last edited by jonnyangel04; 10-28-2007 at 04:06 PM.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:55 PM
Received 73 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxwell
Lol, seriously you believe everything people tell you, I've seen their proven dyno sheet and it's a total fake all the way up to redline. so stupid I can't believe these companies are in business.
There have already been SEVERAL independant magazines doing tests on these my man. They all experienced between 10 and 20 hp increase in some instances. Its not from Eram that I'm quoting the dynos. I'm not a babe of the woods. I've researched it and while minimal power increase its 1,000 times better than a K&N which gives you Zip yet everyone always thinks it does. LOL

Old 11-01-2007, 10:21 AM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The fart fan in my bathroom has a bigger motor than the ebay item! There's no way that puny thing could feed enough air to the Crossfire's motor.

Old 11-01-2007, 04:32 PM
Forum Regular

bobs ... you're very right ... cause its a fart fan from a boat.

Old 11-01-2007, 05:40 PM

There have already been SEVERAL independant magazines doing tests on these my man. They all experienced between 10 and 20 hp increase in some instances. Its not from Eram that I'm quoting the dynos. I'm not a babe of the woods. I've researched it and while minimal power increase its 1,000 times better than a K&N which gives you Zip yet everyone always thinks it does. LOL
Only a fool would listen to those goofy ricer and hotrod magazines, heck they're totally down with publishing bullsh*t, because it brings in advertising and that equals $$$, I've yet to read an actuall article in any of those rags where they actually criticize a speed part. you won't see this because that will scare off the big name companies. Then what's left, they go out of business.

I've seen the dynos sheet and it's a fake, I will have to dig it up and post it. they have a base run and then overlayed the electric fart fan but shifted upwards 10hp completely parrallel the base line run all the way up to redline. not a single dip or jagged edge or curving. flat out Bullsh*t!!! it would have reached a point where the engine was pulling more volume then the fan could force feed it, thus showing an intersecting line with the base run.

Last edited by Maxwell; 11-01-2007 at 05:45 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:35 AM
Forum Regular

Word on the street is these electric superchargers come with a sticker in the box that adds at least 5-10 HP.

Old 11-03-2007, 02:04 PM

I have actually always wondered what would happen if, instead of placing the fan IN the intake tube, place it outside of it with a duct leading to it that way it does not block airflow, only adds to it... ??

Old 11-03-2007, 02:35 PM
Forum Regular

Why spend all that money on an electric supercharger with a dinky fan like that when you can use a leaf blower motor. Has any of you guys ever seen thiis video? haha. The funny thing is it actually worked.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/w...ad23ca9564.htm

Old 11-03-2007, 03:00 PM

that's funny. now if only fit a vacuum cleaner in the air box...

Old 11-06-2007, 06:56 PM

There have already been SEVERAL independant magazines doing tests on these my man. They all experienced between 10 and 20 hp increase in some instances. Its not from Eram that I'm quoting the dynos. I'm not a babe of the woods. I've researched it and while minimal power increase its 1000 times better than a K&N which gives you Zip yet everyone always thinks it does. LOL
That's not True.. K&N's have been proven to allow more dirt and dust particles into your engine, allowing it to wear quicker.. Give credit where credit's due..

Old 11-06-2007, 06:59 PM
RPM

Originally Posted by MightyMouse
That's not True.. K&N's have been proven to allow more dirt and dust particles into your engine
Do you have documentation stating this?

Quick Reply: What do you all think of this? Supercharger