CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/engine-exhaust-transmission-differential/)
-   -   let headers (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/engine-exhaust-transmission-differential/21300-let-headers.html)

irwin 01-26-2008 05:01 PM

let headers

anyone get them yet or is this still the mistake from before, i noticed that the slk 32 doesnt have a header listed but the srt does.... havent been around and i went looking to see if they had them and there they were but i remember something about thoose not being the right ones. any help would be great thanks!

HDDP 01-27-2008 04:09 PM

Re: let headers

Irwin, I do not know the status of those headers, but I do know, from the photos I saw here, that the design is terrible for optimizing engine performance... You may as well stay OEM.

irwin 01-31-2008 04:01 PM

asstecically they are much better which is one of my concerns, but a hp increase would be nice with the price tag. i heard the port match on the stock was horrible, if theres is even slightly better wouldnt that create a decent increase? i have to go shorties due to smog checks, so long tubes are out of the question and im not trying to pay insane amounts of money for custom jobs. any other solutions?

Sidez 01-31-2008 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by irwin
asstecically they are much better which is one of my concerns, but a hp increase would be nice with the price tag. i heard the port match on the stock was horrible, if theres is even slightly better wouldnt that create a decent increase? i have to go shorties due to smog checks, so long tubes are out of the question and im not trying to pay insane amounts of money for custom jobs. any other solutions?

astetically better? why would that matter?

as far as I know they made a mistake of putting them up there in the first place as the product is in the works, but has not been released yet.. according to them.. they are being built for srt-6 though incase you did not know that.. and the problem with the srt-6 is that the stock manifolds are the same ones that the n/a crossfire uses.. and it is clear to see why the that is a restriction..

irwin 02-01-2008 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Sidez
astetically better? why would that matter?

as far as I know they made a mistake of putting them up there in the first place as the product is in the works, but has not been released yet.. according to them.. they are being built for srt-6 though incase you did not know that.. and the problem with the srt-6 is that the stock manifolds are the same ones that the n/a crossfire uses.. and it is clear to see why the that is a restriction..

astetically because i am planing on doing a lil face lift in my engine compartment, and if they work for the srt6 they will work on the na so i do believe that has nothing to do with it, also if they are restrictive on the srt they would be restrictive on the na.