Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

let headers

Old 01-26-2008, 05:01 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default let headers

anyone get them yet or is this still the mistake from before, i noticed that the slk 32 doesnt have a header listed but the srt does.... havent been around and i went looking to see if they had them and there they were but i remember something about thoose not being the right ones. any help would be great thanks!

Old 01-27-2008, 04:09 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: let headers

Irwin, I do not know the status of those headers, but I do know, from the photos I saw here, that the design is terrible for optimizing engine performance... You may as well stay OEM.

Old 01-31-2008, 04:01 PM
Forum Regular

asstecically they are much better which is one of my concerns, but a hp increase would be nice with the price tag. i heard the port match on the stock was horrible, if theres is even slightly better wouldnt that create a decent increase? i have to go shorties due to smog checks, so long tubes are out of the question and im not trying to pay insane amounts of money for custom jobs. any other solutions?

Old 01-31-2008, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by irwin
asstecically they are much better which is one of my concerns, but a hp increase would be nice with the price tag. i heard the port match on the stock was horrible, if theres is even slightly better wouldnt that create a decent increase? i have to go shorties due to smog checks, so long tubes are out of the question and im not trying to pay insane amounts of money for custom jobs. any other solutions?
astetically better? why would that matter?

as far as I know they made a mistake of putting them up there in the first place as the product is in the works, but has not been released yet.. according to them.. they are being built for srt-6 though incase you did not know that.. and the problem with the srt-6 is that the stock manifolds are the same ones that the n/a crossfire uses.. and it is clear to see why the that is a restriction..

Old 02-01-2008, 01:26 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sidez
astetically better? why would that matter?

as far as I know they made a mistake of putting them up there in the first place as the product is in the works, but has not been released yet.. according to them.. they are being built for srt-6 though incase you did not know that.. and the problem with the srt-6 is that the stock manifolds are the same ones that the n/a crossfire uses.. and it is clear to see why the that is a restriction..
astetically because i am planing on doing a lil face lift in my engine compartment, and if they work for the srt6 they will work on the na so i do believe that has nothing to do with it, also if they are restrictive on the srt they would be restrictive on the na.