Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Engine condition

Old 06-18-2008, 01:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine condition

Hello to everyone! I am a new member of Crossfire club. I am very interested in this car and I wish to buy it in the end of 2008. I will by this car in USA, I need probably 2004\2005 year made. Could you tell me, in what condition probably would be engine after 4 years exploitation?
And does Crossfire engine reliable? Does it have any shortcomings\drawbacks\defects?
And with what kind of problems I can meet face to face? And yet… I prefer mechanic transmission

Old 06-18-2008, 02:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Engine condition

Originally Posted by PIMP
Hello to everyone! I am a new member of Crossfire club. I am very interested in this car and I wish to buy it in the end of 2008. I will by this car in USA, I need probably 2004\2005 year made. Could you tell me, in what condition probably would be engine after 4 years exploitation?
And does Crossfire engine reliable? Does it have any shortcomings\drawbacks\defects?
And with what kind of problems I can meet face to face? And yet… I prefer mechanic transmission
From what I understand they are very reliable. If you think about it its a relatively light, low powered car. Usually the more power you make the more things break, and the more expensive it is to fix. Unfortunately it does use german parts so they arent cheap, and the labor isnt cheap if you dont have a warranty. I have alot more fun in mine than I did in my mustang, and it handles a hell of a lot better than my cadillac did. Most common problems seem to be heated seat failure, rattling rear hatch and transmissions leaking in the earlier years. The steering is made more for daily driving that track performance, so it isnt ultra responsive, but you have plenty of grip. For the money you wont get a better car, I looked at 350z's (03,04). Mustangs (03-04 mach 1, 05+GT) and a couple others I wasnt crazy about. They were all more expensive and had more mileage, not to mention no warranty. I got an 05 limited with 300 miles originally for under $18k with a warranty til 2015. A couple months later it was totaled and I bought an 07 limited with 2000 miles for under $20k, same story with the warranty.