Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Where do I purchase this CAI Setup?

Old 07-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where do I purchase this CAI Setup?

Can anyone point me to a vendor?

Old 07-23-2008, 07:19 PM
Life is random...so am I.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Where do I purchase this CAI Setup?

If i'm not mistaken, that car belongs to member "psuperti".

I'm pretty sure those are the e-ram electric "superchargers". I'm pretty sure he has a NeedsWings CAI now.

Maybe you want to shoot him a PM.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:22 PM
Forum Regular

Oh, I am not wanting the electric superchargers. I just want to have a dual cold air intake and keep my factory engine cover. It looks like those extend down to get cold air from the grille, that's what looked so interesting to me.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:28 PM

In that case, I believe most people use the "spectre" brand tubing to make their own intakes. Tons of results on a google search.

I've also seen their parts at autozone, if there's one near you.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:31 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by apkano
In that case, I believe most people use the "spectre" brand tubing to make their own intakes. Tons of results on a google search.

I've also seen their parts at autozone, if there's one near you.
Can anyone who's done this provide more info?

Old 07-24-2008, 06:25 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bhays
Can anyone who's done this provide more info?
Justin is the "Master" of this. We were just Grasshoppers and took the stone out of his hand. Thread below;

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=22693

Old 07-24-2008, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by bhays
It looks like those extend down to get cold air from the grille, that's what looked so interesting to me.
Your present intake does the same thing, only a little more restrictive!

Old 07-24-2008, 07:16 PM

Hey I know exactly what u need u need to go to tvtdesign.com then click store then click on crossfire and it is the very first item you see and it costs $305.00 and shipping on most items is free.
Good luck!

Old 07-25-2008, 11:56 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by zhick
Hey I know exactly what u need u need to go to tvtdesign.com then click store then click on crossfire and it is the very first item you see and it costs $305.00 and shipping on most items is free.
Good luck!
Well, not all of us care to spend $300 on a barely noticable 8 HP. If you wanted power buy an SRT. It's more cost effective now days. In fact as I stated before, my intake gives atleast an extra 20 MHP(Menatal Horse Power). You can't beat that with a silly graph and dyno!

JMO

Old 07-25-2008, 12:02 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BORICAN
Well, not all of us care to spend $300 on a barely noticable 8 HP. If you wanted power buy an SRT. It's more cost effective now days. In fact as I stated before, my intake gives atleast an extra 20 MHP(Menatal Horse Power). You can't beat that with a silly graph and dyno!

JMO

So, do you have a parts list and any advice on the assembly process. I wish to be the grasshopper on this occasion.

Old 07-25-2008, 03:02 PM
Forum Regular

I was asked to put up the parts I used for my experiment. Here it goes;

1- Used Justin's idea on how to get the 3.5" to 3" elbow and followed his cut instructions.
http://intakehoses.com/Merchant2/mer...ory_Code=R9DEN
2- went to autozone(yes autozone) and bought the Spectre 3" Y and 2 3" 45's and 6 3" rubber sleeves.
3- Also bought two 2 pieces of 2-3/8" flex pipe(muffle section) from auto zone to squeeze around the radiator where I removed the plastic baffles, but was told that thick rubber hoses would work too.
4- ordered the 3" aluminum piping from CXRacing.com
- two Elbows, two 45's and two straight pieces
5- last i order the two K&N filters from the K&N website. They are like 4" round, 7" long (Something like that)

Not sure exactly what it cost but couldn't have been that bad if can't remember.

I cut the elbow, connected the y and went from there.

Once again, I am not positive it worked better, Just what I tried. I felt, If it hasn't given anyone else problems with the single, why not try double. You will get a lot of compliments where ever you go when it's done too. send me an email if you need to ask me something.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
S1030355.JPG (1.96 MB, 34 views)
Old 07-25-2008, 05:12 PM

It's a great looking set-up, Borican. I see you worked-up some horn mounts....I can't see both horns, did you manage to get both in there or did you just scrap one?

Old 07-25-2008, 06:12 PM

Hmmm......Spectre, wonder where I've heard that before? LOL

Old 07-25-2008, 06:33 PM
Forum Regular

I was asked to put up the parts I used for my experiment. Here it goes;

1- Used Justin's idea on how to get the 3.5" to 3" elbow and followed his cut instructions.
http://intakehoses.com/Merchant2/mer...ory_Code=R9DEN
2- went to autozone(yes autozone) and bought the Spectre 3" Y and 2 3" 45's and 6 3" rubber sleeves.
3- Also bought two 2 pieces of 2-3/8" flex pipe(muffle section) from auto zone to squeeze around the radiator where I removed the plastic baffles, but was told that thick rubber hoses would work too.
4- ordered the 3" aluminum piping from CXRacing.com
- two Elbows, two 45's and two straight pieces
5- last i order the two K&N filters from the K&N website. They are like 4" round, 7" long (Something like that)

Not sure exactly what it cost but couldn't have been that bad if can't remember.

I cut the elbow, connected the y and went from there.

Once again, I am not positive it worked better, Just what I tried. I felt, If it hasn't given anyone else problems with the single, why not try double. You will get a lot of compliments where ever you go when it's done too. send me an email if you need to ask me something.
you should be selling this kit, even though you've told us all how to get all the stuff this is by far the best looking intake and i'm sure that performance gains can be no better or worse than tvt or nw and for a price that i'd bet was just a little cheaper than the tvt

Old 07-25-2008, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by manisusmc
you should be selling this kit, even though you've told us all how to get all the stuff this is by far the best looking intake and i'm sure that performance gains can be no better or worse than tvt or nw and for a price that i'd bet was just a little cheaper than the tvt
Really!!!

The NeedsWings CAI completely removes the 90 degree elbow with the restrictive "diverters" just before the manifold.

The last time I checked both TVT and NeedsWings showed improvements in HP and torque on a dyno. As of date, I haven't seen any homemade intake do a dyno pull yet! I have, on the other hand, seen plenty of people get better quarter mile times from using the NeedsWings CAI, I'm sure TVT as well.

Search youtube for NeedsWings........you might be surprised at what you find!

Last edited by apkano; 07-25-2008 at 08:01 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:29 PM
Forum Regular

Really!!!

The NeedsWings CAI completely removes the 90 degree elbow with the restrictive "diverters" just before the manifold.

The last time I checked both TVT and NeedsWings showed improvements in HP and torque on a dyno. As of date, I haven't seen any homemade intake do a dyno pull yet! I have, on the other hand, seen plenty of people get better quarter mile times from using the NeedsWings CAI, I'm sure TVT as well.

well i'm sure he doesn't have a dyno of his intake but i bet it isn't far off from either of the tvt/needswings cai intakes in gains. i'm not knocking either of them i think they are both great. yes i'm sure that removing that restricted elbow puts needswings on top for overall gains. it was just an opinion, once i put this intake on i will do a few runs and see if i was right. i could be completely wrong. maybe the fact that there are 2 sources for the intake to take air from would slow the air down enough to let the motor heat that air up just like on the oem.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:52 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kurts
It's a great looking set-up, Borican. I see you worked-up some horn mounts....I can't see both horns, did you manage to get both in there or did you just scrap one?
I ended up moving the horns lower and out of the way. The sound like the old German cars. That is the sound I wanted.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:54 PM
Forum Regular

Really!!!

first of all, if you read my message I said nothing about gains, second, i could careless about 8 hp for $300. I just like the way it looks.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:00 PM
Forum Regular

Look dude TVT and Needswings have great designs. I am the Army, pay a mortgage and don't have that kind of money so I designed my own. I don't, and will never knock them. In fact I am happy that they are innovative enough to provide the products they do. JUST STOP HATING MAN!.

Last edited by BORICAN; 07-25-2008 at 09:04 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:14 PM

first of all, if you read my message I said nothing about gains, second, i could careless about 8 hp for $300. I just like the way it looks.

I swear I try not to be a smarta$$ on this site , but sometimes I have no choice.

See if you can keep up BORICAN......

Post #14 from manisusmc is what I quoted......meaning I was responding to him.

Post #15 is what my response to manisusmc was.......which he responded to (post#16) in a cordial and mannerly way.

Post #17 is you responding to someone else.

Post #18 is you being a smarta$$ to me for absolutely no reason. At no time did I quote, or respond, to you. Why you need to quote me with a snarky response, when it was more than clear who I was responding to (NOT YOU) is beyond me?

Post #19 is you trying to pad your post count.

At this time I will move on to ignoring any further posts from you as I view you as either an internet incompetent fool, or completely illiterate, either way........I care to disregard any further posts from you on this forum.

Quick Reply: Where do I purchase this CAI Setup?