CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/engine-exhaust-transmission-differential/)
-   -   Slow acceleration after new plugs and wires (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/engine-exhaust-transmission-differential/37596-slow-acceleration-after-new-plugs-wires.html)

airborne82nddiv2003 09-19-2009 12:25 AM

Slow acceleration after new plugs and wires

Today, I installed new NGK spark plugs and Magnacor wires on my automatic Limited Roaster. I was able to change all 12 out fairly easy and to gap and torque specifications. After completing the installation, I gave the engine a quick rinse, let her dry and took her for a few test drives. No problems as all, I noticed improved performance. Well, roughly 3 hours later, I went for another drive, no problems until I stopped at the first stop sign. When I tired to accelerate, I went at a dead slow pace! After about 10 seconds I stared to accelerate at normals speeds, but every time I stop it will do the same thing. The check engine light illuminated so first thing tomorrow I will have that read. It takes 5 seconds to rev the engine to 2000 rpm at park.. WTF!! I dont know what went wrong.. any ideas? I dont think its limp mode because im able to run through all the gears.. it just takes forever! Thanks in advance.

Chris

airborne82nddiv2003 09-19-2009 02:30 PM

Re: Slow acceleration after new plugs and wires

Ok so last night I decided to reset the check light and everything else by disconnecting the battery cable. This morning I reconnected the cable and she is running light a champ again! Not sure what went wrong.. but im glad shes healthy again :)

amx1397 09-19-2009 03:12 PM

next time you rinse the engine off start the car when finished let the heat of the engine dry it, drive it or just let it idle until dry,,, i think you got something wet that shouldn't get wet and as it soaked in and it caused a problem,, over night it dried completly,, jim

SRT-6 Steve 09-19-2009 03:49 PM

I amsure something got wet. It takes a while for things like that to dry out as it most likely was in a connection somewhere.

jackei 10-27-2009 02:28 PM

You may want to do a throttle reset. Search the forum for more info.

waldig 10-27-2009 04:11 PM

WET listen to Jim. Woody

oledoc2u 10-27-2009 05:49 PM

glad it running for you....can't have a soldier in limp mode...lol

TVT_DESIGN 10-27-2009 11:55 PM

This is why I got so many questions wrong school. The first time I read that I completely overlooked the wetting the engine down thing.

Sorry that was off topic, but glad the problem was fixed.