CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/engine-exhaust-transmission-differential/)
-   -   New Hampshire 6-speed 500 (5.0) Underway!! (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/engine-exhaust-transmission-differential/68408-new-hampshire-6-speed-500-5-0-underway.html)

oledoc2u 09-04-2014 07:58 PM

Re: New Hampshire 6-speed 500 (5.0) Underway!!

You need to move to Indiana..... I think I can get John to chip in....lol

BoilerUpXFire 09-05-2014 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u (Post 810860)

I have been talking to Josh about that for about 6+ months, Doc :D

Although, I could see him up your way, he wants some land and a big garage, imagine that LOL

ImportLabSRT 09-05-2014 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire (Post 810906)

Although, I could see him up your way, he wants some land and a big garage, imagine that LOL

Who doesn't!?!

sk8erjosh09 09-05-2014 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u (Post 810860)

I accept donations :D

All I really gotta do is fix a few things with the house and sell it.

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire (Post 810906)

Yes! lol. Biiiigggg garage lol.

Originally Posted by ImportLabSRT (Post 810910)
Who doesn't!?!

:D

Well, still have the tick.

So I'm open to suggestions. Rough idle, loud single tick... tick... tick. Tick progresses with RPM.

I bought motor medic, and I'm going to run it through tonight when I'm off. After, if it's still there, I'm going to remove the serpentine belt to see if it's one of the accessories. I really don't know what else to check.

BoilerUpXFire 09-05-2014 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by ImportLabSRT (Post 810910)
Who doesn't!?!

I am selling our E class to help build a custom home with an 8-10 car garage and roof top deck for partying, but land is not an option inside the 465 belt, hell, less than a acre here is $50k-$100k depending on the area. So yes, I want a large garage as well, complete with 14 foot ceilings in an area for the lift ;)

ImportLabSRT 09-05-2014 11:21 AM

Rough idle sounds like a vacuum leak after the MAF. Do you have a way to do a boost leak test? I would venture to guess that there is poor sealing or bad intake manifold gasket.
The tick could be an injector (already a maybe), valvetrain (probably not) and exhaust leak. Don't forget to check the EGR air valves, if loose or not sealing, you will get a terrible exhaust leak and valve tick. A bad enough exhaust leak will give false readings to the o2's and cause a rough idle as well (rich fuel mixture). What do the o2's say at idle?

sk8erjosh09 09-05-2014 12:48 PM

I think you might be on to something with the EGR valve. I'm going to just replace it completely and check it all out.

vauxhallmaniac 09-05-2014 08:06 PM

Hi Josh well done on the install :D sorry to hear its biting you in the ar$e............. couple of things spring to mind......as already said possible inlet gasket not sealing near no.8 cylinder, you could try spraying aerosol brake cleaner or easy start around the area and see if the revs pick up......I know this sounds stupid and you've probably checked it but a loose spark plug would give a ticking/clacking sound!!..... swapping the injector to an adjacent cylinder would rule that out if its still lumpy on the same cylinder.........you'll sort it.......... remember if this sort of thing were easy everyone would be doing it ! keep us posted Simon :D

sk8erjosh09 09-08-2014 11:17 AM

I would explain everything I've tried and done, but it would be easier to just explain how long I've spent...

Every day for the last 8 days I've spent 4-7 hours swapping things, replacing, testing...

Rough idle, runs rich, and annoying loud tick. It has just as much power as mine, I ran it to 140 last night and it got there just as quick as mine.

tunaglove 09-08-2014 11:35 AM

Plug wire arching to ground will make a snap/tic sound. Try spraying a mist of water around the plugs in the dark.

sk8erjosh09 09-08-2014 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by tunaglove (Post 811287)
Plug wire arching to ground will make a snap/tic sound. Try spraying a mist of water around the plugs in the dark.

Since they're the only thing I haven't replaced I think it's time. And I'll try that tonight.

sk8erjosh09 10-27-2014 06:27 PM

Well, after forever of trying to get that tick under control and dealing with it running rich on both banks, it's back, he's had it, I've totally just been avoiding the forum lately.

When I sent it, it had 300-500 miles on it with only two stored codes, none thrown. When he got it, it threw CEL for 4 codes. After re-adjusting the air box :p, there's only 1, and it's a weird one. EGR, but we think we got it sorted. What's weird about it is that the EGR is his old unit. He tried new gaskets but found the MAP was slightly unplugged and told me it hadn't come on since, so maybe. I guess I'll found out when I get a text lol.

oledoc2u 10-27-2014 06:38 PM

Josh, that is part of buying used parts out of a junk yard my friend. You don't always get a perfect engine. That is not something you did. But it is something that needs fixed. Your job was to do the swap, and make it run. Good job. Get your butt out here and we will try a V-8 with some more pulleys to it....lol

sk8erjosh09 10-27-2014 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u (Post 816905)
Josh, that is part of buying used parts out of a junk yard my friend. You don't always get a perfect engine. That is not something you did. But it is something that needs fixed. Your job was to do the swap, and make it run. Good job. Get your butt out here and we will try a V-8 with some more pulleys to it....lol

That is exactly the mentality I had to get at. I was there to make it go, and it for sure as **** goes! Me being the nice guy I am though, I was really trying to help and I just didn't have the time I needed to get that involved with it.

Unfortunately... again... Indiana's out of the question. Wife went crazier than a rat in a tin **** house. We'll just plan for me taking a nice long vacation that direction lol. I need one at this point.

a7x6kse6 10-27-2014 07:55 PM

Sorry about not texting you yet Josh lol. The reason is I am not sure if it is fixed. So as of last night no code was thrown but DAS showed the EGR test hadn't completed yet. Today I drove it to work and then to lunch. On the way to lunch the check engine light came back on, rich both banks, when I went to exit out of the codes page I accidentally hit clear, so all the tests reset and now I don't know what threw the codes :mad:. On the way home I got rich both banks pending, tried to see what threw it in DAS but can't figure out how to see that. My DAS laptop has a crap battery so I can only use it for about 10 minutes before it shuts down. New battery should be here Wednesday so I will be able to play around with it some more then.

sk8erjosh09 10-28-2014 11:10 AM

It takes 10 minutes just for my DAS to turn on lol.

ala_xfire 10-28-2014 11:18 AM

OK, which is it ?
Above, you say :

Unfortunately... again... Indiana's out of the question. Wife went crazier than a rat in a tin **** house. We'll just plan for me taking a nice long vacation that direction lol. I need one at this point.
In another of ur posts I read yesterday, she said adios and left the pondo. You had found a new tatt'd honey.

a7x6kse6 10-28-2014 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by sk8erjosh09 (Post 817005)
It takes 10 minutes just for my DAS to turn on lol.

Lol, yeah that's why I put mine into standby mode, I'm too impatient haha

sk8erjosh09 10-29-2014 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire (Post 817007)
OK, which is it ?
Above, you say :

In another of ur posts I read yesterday, she said adios and left the pondo. You had found a new tatt'd honey.

What do you mean which is it? lol

She lost it, left, and I have a new tatt'd honey lol.

Originally Posted by a7x6kse6 (Post 817097)
Lol, yeah that's why I put mine into standby mode, I'm too impatient haha

Can't you just leave it plugged in when you're working on the car? lol

a7x6kse6 10-29-2014 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by sk8erjosh09 (Post 817166)
Can't you just leave it plugged in when you're working on the car? lol

I live on the 4th floor, I can drop an extension cord down but it can only reach to 4 parking spots so if those are taken I'm out of luck. Plus I always park as far away from everyone as possible, you wouldn't believe how some of those fools park lol.