Europe Serving all countries of the European continent.

Second Crossfire Meet - Where and When?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 03:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Second Crossfire Meet - Where and When?

Well, given the success of the first meeting I thought I better start up a thread for getting the next one rolling and give us a place to formulate a plan.

To start, I'm planning out my trackdays for this year and know that Ken mentioned a possible meet at Castle Combe and a stay at Bodyman's friends' pub/B&B which sounds great to me! Coincidentally, some of the my track day mates have been dicussing a Castle Combe session too so could possibly combine the two.

Anyway, all other ideas and suggestions are welcome.

Old 01-03-2008, 02:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Second Crossfire Meet - Where and When?

Woody
Locations and another meet sounds great. Perhaps we will have more X/F owners interested next time around, as the weather should be warmer.

Ken

Last edited by UK ken; 01-03-2008 at 06:15 AM.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:23 AM
Forum Regular

Bodyman's friends' pub/B&B which sounds great to me!

Hi Woody.

As you mentioned. My sister runs a pub in Oxfordshire. The Chequers Inn at Berrick Salome. Its got a fair size car park. May be in the summer months we could meet there for a evening do, have a BQ and play the old Oxfordshire game of Aunt Sally (www.tradgames.org.uk/games/Aunt-sally.htm). I could arrange some B&B if needed near by.

Jon

Old 01-03-2008, 02:54 PM

Hi Jon/Woody/Ken & everyone !
The Chequers Inn at Berrick Salome would be a great stop over for my wife Andrea and I. It's a fab area to make a weekend of it, for ages I've wanted to see Wallingford and various local places again. Would Easter be any good, or is that too soon !
I'm pleased to announce that Andrea has, after much persuasion, at last, driven the Crossfire !
She's never driven an auto before, and was worrying about kerbing it, so has avoided getting behind the wheel until today. But she did a great job and soon Ill be able to get her to take me for a pint or two or three.
Cheers Steve

Last edited by Steve - UK; 01-03-2008 at 03:00 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by Steve - UK
Hi Jon/Woody/Ken & everyone !
The Chequers Inn at Berrick Salome would be a great stop over for my wife Andrea and I. It's a fab area to make a weekend of it, for ages I've wanted to see Wallingford and various local places again. Would Easter be any good, or is that too soon !
I'm pleased to announce that Andrea has, after much persuasion, at last, driven the Crossfire !
She's never driven an auto before, and was worrying about kerbing it, so has avoided getting behind the wheel until today. But she did a great job and soon Ill be able to get her to take me for a pint or two or three.
Cheers Steve
Easter is fine with me Steve, and The Chequers sounds great place to meet. Good to hear that got your 'chauffeur' trained up too

As I mentioned I may be doing another Cadwell day soon if you are interested (you can probably show me the proper way round it!). This may bring back some memories from your FF days:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJyrYiyiwNQ

Old 01-04-2008, 04:15 AM

Sounds good to me.

Jean

Old 01-04-2008, 12:08 PM
Smile Re: Second Crossfire Meet - Where and When?

[quote=woody]Easter is fine with me Steve, and The Chequers sounds great place to meet. Good to hear that got your 'chauffeur' trained up too

As I mentioned I may be doing another Cadwell day soon if you are interested (you can probably show me the proper way round it!). This may bring back some memories from your FF days:

Hi, Simon,
Cadwell is just up the road for me and it would be great to saunter around the circuit again, I wonder if they ever managed to straighten out the Armco I bent at Coppice! I think my best lap there was around 1min 9secs on the short circuit - ah the good ole days!
Cheers, Steve

Old 01-04-2008, 01:10 PM

[QUOTE=Steve - UK]
Originally Posted by woody
Easter is fine with me Steve, and The Chequers sounds great place to meet. Good to hear that got your 'chauffeur' trained up too

Hi, Simon,
Cadwell is just up the road for me and it would be great to saunter around the circuit again, I wonder if they ever managed to straighten out the Armco I bent at Coppice! I think my best lap there was around 1min 9secs on the short circuit - ah the good ole days!
Cheers, Steve
Your more than welcome to come for a blast and point out the Steve shaped dent in the Armco I'll let you know when I get things arranged, it will probably be in February. I have a set of spare wheels if you want to borrow them, although I hardly took much out of my new fronts in the damp conditions, and the rears looked exactly the same.
I think I was doing 1m50's (according to the video footage) on the full circuit and Daz in the yellow GT3 (400bhp) was in the 1m44's (on his logger) but we were still finding our way around. I think a good lap for somethiong like a race 911 is in the 1m30's. Radicals are in the 1m20's!