Europe Serving all countries of the European continent.

UK Crossfire Owners in the UK!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 01:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: UK Crossfire Owners in the UK!

Hi Andy.. Great colour and car. Its interesting that you say its one of the last off the line. Way, Way, back, I owned a Morris Oxford for a short time...I know you have never heard of it!! The reason I mention it is because on the bulk head engine side. it had a square plate welded on, saying this model chassie number etc Morris Oxford was the last of it kind off the production line to be made at Cowley..Oh I wish I had it now. Then again I guess not, I will stick with the Xfire.

Old 02-21-2008, 03:39 PM

Ken

I certainly do remember the Morris Oxford; my Uncle owned one. I believe there was also a version called the Cowley.

My Dad's first car was a Ford Popular: the one they called the Perpendicular Popular and the first car I drove as a kid was a Riley one point five. I later learned to drive in a Mark One Cortina at a time when we all thought ABS was a sexually transmitted disease.

Old 02-21-2008, 03:52 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Andy G
Andy

Belfast, Northern Ireland.

Aero Blue SRT6 Coupe 2007.
LEZ **49
VIN********X067982

I'm told it's one of the last 13 SRT-6's built in Osnabruck before they stopped production of this version at the end of 2006.
very cool Andy- I'm assuming it's rhd? and what does a low mile SRT-6 sell for over there, if I might ask?
(don't mean to hijack your thread Ken! I usually troll yall's threads incognito)

Old 02-22-2008, 01:23 PM

You can pretty much take it as a one for one: $US to £GB. I know it doesn't work out that way in the financial markets but cars in the US are about half of what they are over here in financial terms.

So I bought my SRT6 as a delaer demo with 3500 miles on the clock with a free first service and one free of charge replacement to the rear tyres when needed. List on the SRT6 in UK was £33,500. I did the deal for £24,000.

From threads I have seen, $23-$24k is pretty much par for the course in the US for the equivalent, maybe even less. One thing though: in the UK, what you see on the forecourt is what you pay. All taxes, including 1 year's road tax, are included in the ticket price.

Old 02-24-2008, 06:42 AM

Hi folks -

Matthew
Black Coupe, 6 speed manual
55 plate
Leighton Buzzard

Picked it up last week, was caught between the manual and auto from everything read, so I drove both to make my mind up!

Very, very pleased!

Old 02-24-2008, 09:02 AM

Hi Matthew..Welcome to the best Crossfire site on the net. Your going to love the Xfire as we all do. Lots of info and informal fun, so keep an eye on the posts. Have a read of the recent posts as there is much to gleen. If your not busy Easter weekend why not join a few of us at the second Xfire meet, see posts for related information. Also be ready, for now that you are a Xfire owner your vehicle will receive admiring look's and questions! like what is it, who made it etc .

Wilcome to the fold.

Ken
Black Coupe 2006

Old 02-24-2008, 09:20 AM

Hi Ken,

Many thanks for the warm welcome, I am already searching through all the posts and have found a wealth of handy info (thank you guys and gals).

Easter weekend is non starter for me this time sadly, pre-booked relatives and family meals would be missed at my peril

I cannot believe how many looks the car gets, not to mention the compliments - which I lap up of course.

Old 02-24-2008, 01:18 PM
Smile Re: UK Crossfire Owners in the UK!

Hi All,
John East Yorkshire
Yellow Coupe Auto
05 Plate
Doesn't come out much - hence only 9,000 miles.

Old 02-24-2008, 02:16 PM
Talking Re: UK Crossfire Owners in the UK!

Hello Everyone

Got a 06 Coupe Auto, Aero Blue last week still grinning.

Located in Aberdeenshire, not many Crossfires up here. I'll be viewing the forum regularly.

Regards to all

JJ

Old 02-24-2008, 04:01 PM

Hi JJ
Welcome to the fold. You have a great car, I've had my 06 Black auto Coupe for close on a year and still get a big buzz when seeing/driving A few of us members are having our second Xfire meet at Easter, but your a bit far away to join us, I think? Do read all the recent posts lots of good sound advice. You may be interested in the improvment a sprint booser will have to your Xfire!!..you need to read all the posts for verious views on it. I have fitted one and its made a great car even better.

Ken.

Old 02-25-2008, 01:39 AM

Thanks Ken

It is a bit far to go for a meet, but what an excuse to go for a long drive.

Thanks for making me feel welcome to what I think is a very exclusive club.

JJ

P.S. How big a modification is a sprint booster and what is the rough cost.

Old 02-25-2008, 01:56 AM

Hi JJ..Fitting the sprint booster is so easy and quick.. Do check past posts for full information. Also do a search for sprint booster, loads of information and views. relating to fitting and cost.
Ken.

Old 02-25-2008, 10:24 AM
Cool Re: UK Crossfire Owners in the UK!

Originally Posted by johnpi
Hi All,
John East Yorkshire
Yellow Coupe Auto
05 Plate
Doesn't come out much - hence only 9,000 miles.
Hi, welcome to the forum!
Im probably the closest to you in the forum, Im at Newark. I have lots of family in the East Riding as I come from York. I am a regular visitor to Allerthorpe near Pocklington, where are you ? Watch the postings as there will be various meets coming up, next one at Easter.
Cheers, Steve

PS - Great to see more UK Crossfires coming out of the woodwork !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-27-2008, 12:26 PM

Another Blue SRT owner here, mines a June 07, I bought it as a demonstrator on Chrismas eve for £19,500 with 50 miles on the clock, previously had a standard crossfire

Old 02-27-2008, 12:49 PM
Cool Re: UK Crossfire Owners in the UK!

Hi, Just out of interest, what part ex allowance did you get on your earlier xfire?
Im thinking of going for one ive seen which is virtually new,
Cheers Steve

Old 02-27-2008, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by ian kirby
Another Blue SRT owner here, mines a June 07, I bought it as a demonstrator on Chrismas eve for £19,500 with 50 miles on the clock, previously had a standard crossfire
Wow... that was a good deal and what a Christmas present!!! . Check out the SRT6 threads on VIN numbers and send in your details. https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=14473

The last SRT's seem to have rolled off the production lines in '06 but yours was probaly languishing on a Dealer's lot for a while before being taxed. You have a very rare machine there. It seems only 13 SRT-6's were produced in 2006 before production ceased. I saw one other '06 Aero Blue SRT for sale just outside Edinburgh in November when I bought mine. So one for Scotland, one for England and one for Northern Ireland. Now what about Wales?

Enjoy, you have just bought a truly amazing car. Post pics soon.

Old 02-29-2008, 02:50 AM

Hi Guys

The dealer told me an interesting story, he said that when Chrysler was sold the new company wanted to ditch all the crossfire stock, the dealer was offered a special rice on SRT if they bought 10. I think he said they paid £20k each

They said that they took 10 months to sell 9 at £25000 making a tidy profit, my one was the last one elft it had sat in their showroom for the whole year as they used it to "sell off"

When i called them they couldn't wait to get rid of it, when you consider that i bought my normal crossfire in Sep06 for £19,200 pre registered it seemed to good to turn down, Its very heavy on fuel through!

Old 02-29-2008, 04:34 AM

Purchased Crossfire Roadster 16/02/08 Auto in black although I would have preferred blue but just couldn't find one used without loads of miles on the clock!
Spot me if you can - I'm in the West Bromwich area West Mids BJ57 ---

Phil

Old 02-29-2008, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Phil D
Purchased Crossfire Roadster 16/02/08 Auto in black although I would have preferred blue but just couldn't find one used without loads of miles on the clock!
Spot me if you can - I'm in the West Bromwich area West Mids BJ57 ---

Phil
Hi There,
Are you up for the Easter Meet ? See all the details in prev posts!
I believe we have several forum members around your neck of the woods!
Cheers for now

Old 02-29-2008, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by UK ken
I wondered how meny Crossfire owners from the UK we have on Crossfire Org? How about for information and a bit of fun we post our...LOCATION.....FULL NAME...and MODEL of CROSSFIRE..COLOUR....REG NUMBER Just to get the ball rolling I will start.

I will check the detail in approximately a month's time and post the numbers of crossfire's owners.

South Coast...Ken Hallett..X/F 06 Coupe in black. V6 A XF

Ken
Hi Ken, This thread seems to have picked up quite a number of us UK Crossfire punters!
Is it time for a UK owners register yet do you think! May be Easter might be a good time to
list them all and see what we have.
Cheers for now! Steve

Quick Reply: UK Crossfire Owners in the UK!