Europe Serving all countries of the European continent.

Service parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 07:38 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Service parts

Looking to order some service parts but my local dealer has shut down so I'm wondering if there are any online places I could order them from?
Or does anyone know if you can buy genuine service parts from a motor factors?
Also the car is a 2004 but only has 16,000 miles on it so not sure what service it should get.
I got a B service last year.
According to the book at 60,000 or 4 years the air and fuel filters should be replaced.
What do you think?
I have phoned my next closest dealer and they suggest just a basic service which is more or less just an oil and filter change and inspection.
Also the car is now out of warranty so I was thinking just getting it done locally.

Cheers.

Norrie.

Old 04-13-2008, 02:56 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Service parts

Originally Posted by norrie
Looking to order some service parts but my local dealer has shut down so I'm wondering if there are any online places I could order them from?
Or does anyone know if you can buy genuine service parts from a motor factors?
Also the car is a 2004 but only has 16,000 miles on it so not sure what service it should get.
I got a B service last year.
According to the book at 60,000 or 4 years the air and fuel filters should be replaced.
What do you think?
I have phoned my next closest dealer and they suggest just a basic service which is more or less just an oil and filter change and inspection.
Also the car is now out of warranty so I was thinking just getting it done locally.

Cheers.

Norrie.
Hi Norrie,

You can get service parts from the likes of GSF and Euro but they will not be genuine DC parts, albeit that some may be made by the same manufacturer. I tend to use the dealer for filters as the prices aren't that bad, but online or local suppliers for brake components, and local motor factors for oils and fluids. To be honest those are about the only service items I have needed in 40 000+ miles, apart from several sets of tyres which is only really due to track use.

I would suggest you get the oil and filter changed (use Mobil 1 and a genuine DC or MB filter, about £12 from a Merc dealer). Obviously inspect all the other items covered by an A service, like brakes and fluids. Its also worth having a look inside the air filter housings, and clear out all the grit and leaves that will no doubt be in there. Actually most of the Crossfire service schedule is just checking things that any conscientious owner keeps a regular check on anyway.

Old 04-13-2008, 04:47 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Service parts

Spoke to the dealer at the end of my road that was Chrysler/Mercedes now just Mercedes and ordered an oil filter from them.
My mate is going to service the car a mechanic with his own business.
Will change the oil and filter and check everything else grease the brakes etc.
Will check air filters etc but should be okay as hardly done any mileage.

Cheers.

Norrie.