Europe Serving all countries of the European continent.

Another Unmarked Police Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 04:49 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Unmarked Police Car

It would be useful if we used this thread to record unmarked police cars etc.

I'll start with todays on the M3 northbound between J3 and J2. It was a dark blue Lexus 430. I was in a line of cars doing around 90mph and we moved over to let a fast moving Z3 past. This was quickly followed by the Lexus with its lights flashing. I was leaving M3 onto M25 so did not see the outcome.

There is also an umarked silver Skoda estate using the M3 and I have seen an unmarked Audi A4 pull a car over.

I have also noticed on some mornings that a mobile camera unit sets up on the bridge just north of Fleet services before junction 4A.

On Tuesday mornings, there is usually a mobile camera on the A33 between Reading and Basingstoke in the 50mph zone. He normally waits just south of the Little Chef, but he does move around.

Over to you. Lets save some points.

Old 03-24-2005, 08:43 AM
Default Re: Another Unmarked Police Car

Afternoon.

Wish I could add to the list. In the 4 years I have lived here, I have :

never seen an unmarked car
seen 1 mobile unit
never got a ticket

And I drive like a maniac!

Old 03-24-2005, 11:22 AM

West Sussex police have a new Evo 7, 2 Scoobies, a T5 estate that I know of. East Sussex now have a white E320 estate around Tunbridge Wells.

Old 03-24-2005, 06:17 PM
Forum Regular

Do you ever think about if you could get away pretending to be an unmarked police car. Having a blue flashing light ready to put on the dashboard.

Old 03-24-2005, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by MARK_UK
Do you ever think about if you could get away pretending to be an unmarked police car. Having a blue flashing light ready to put on the dashboard.

Available at some French service stations.Plug into lighter plug,and play.About 40 euros.Ł30

Old 03-25-2005, 05:54 AM

I used to have one in Australia, sourced from a retired policeman.

My friend had recently purchased an ex police car that he picked up at auction, and we thought we'd have a laugh one night. There was a mountain in the southern part of town which had a great twisty road to the lookout where hundreds of car nuts would gather on Thurs nights.

We got dressed like undercovers - shirts, ties, slacks, etc. and went up there and as we arrived at the top a guy in his Holden was doing a huge donut show. :-) Out came the light on the dash and the whole crowd ran like hell. He pulled over and got his licence out, just standing by the car.

I wandered over to him and asked him what "the hell" he was doing. He crapped himself and started making excuses. I warned him and sent him home, after threatening to take his licence off him.

Funniest prank ever. Still laugh about it now.

Old 03-25-2005, 07:39 AM
Forum Regular

Excellent :-)

Old 06-11-2005, 12:17 PM

Coventry (West Mids) have a black Volvo S60 t4, dark grey Honda Accord Type R and silver Mondeo ST hatchback.

Whilst Warwickshire have Jag X-types (dark grey and blue) although some of these seem to be armed response vehicles. Careful on the A46 near Leamington, they normally use the bridge for speed guns and also A46 between Coventry Airport and Binley where they hide at night with motorbikes and cars. Warwickshire mobile speed van is a short wheelbase tranny.

CMPG (i.e. around M6 jct 6) had champagne grey 535i and red Skoda Octavia estate, the 1.8 T sports version.

Best or rather funniest unmarked police car I saw was on the tele recently on one of these sky documentaries where they were pursuing (with siren and lights) a ford focus. They lost it. I think this may have been linked to the fact that they were chasing it in an unmarked Chrysler Voyager diesel automatic which should not be too hard to out-run on a cycle. Would be great to see a XF police car though!

From the same tele programme it seems that Thames Valley use a Omega's in dark blue, dark grey and burgundy.

Put "UK police cars" into google and you will come up with some websites which just have pics of police cars. click on the tab for your local force area and you may pick up some pics of your local unmarked cars.