Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Crossfire Grills Open for Business Tomorrow Morning, November 1

Old 10-31-2007, 05:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crossfire Grills Open for Business Tomorrow Morning, November 1

Well guys, we're ready to "rock 'n roll" here. The website has been checked out and everything is supposed to be working. Grills are being fabricated and will soon be ready to ship.
I have updated the "Installation" section of the website to show more detailed information on how the upper and lower grills install. I won't load up the site here posting that because you can go to the website to see it if you are interested. I do need to correct one thing I said before. It is true that for the Main center grill, there are no holes drilled on the bumper or anywhere that would be visible. But, I was mistaken when I said that relating to the lower grills. There are two small holes that are drilled in the inside recess for the anchors of the lower grills and when the other end is fastened with two metal screws (locatged within the grill) there are two small holes made where they go through the bumper.
I visited a good body shop in the Phoenix area and they said that the cost to install all three sections would be their minimum, which is $44.
So, in the AM I will activate the site. If anyone has any problems, please drop me an e-mail through the site. The site is: www.crossfiregrills.com

Old 10-31-2007, 06:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Crossfire Grills Open for Business Tomorrow Morning, November 1

Congratulations on the official start of your business!

And please don't forget that there are Crossfire loyalists overseas, such as
myself, that are dying to get our hands on your products as well ~

FYI... there are over 100 registered Crossfire Club Korea members here in Korea, and I will make sure they know about your new business.

Once again, congratulations and good luck!

Old 10-31-2007, 06:05 PM

Thanks for the reminder and like I said before, we are starting here in the US but I will check out what we need to do to be able to get grills to you. Thanks for you interest and support.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:08 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Nice work on the main grille....Could you post pics of different finish, I really would like to see what the powder coated black looks like. Thanks

Old 10-31-2007, 06:18 PM

The black powder coated is something we decided to add because there is an interest and it's not a problem at all to do. But, an interesting note here. When I was working with my Dad in his body shop powder coating didn't exist. I have since learned that most billet style grills are powder coated with "recycled" powder coat product. Most people don't know it, but if you look very closely you will see a slight stipple. We will be using what is referred to as "virgin" powder coat (not recycled) which gives a smooth reflective surface. So, like you, I am anxious to see the first fully powder coated grill and I will get a picture on the web when I have it.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:26 PM

Thanks, I'm pretty sure that the black powder coated grill will most likely be the best choice on my Alabaster coupe. Thank you very much for doing this. If you want I can put a pic and link to your website on my Cardomain page.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:34 PM

I'd appreciate the link and I am happy to add you to my site as well if you wish.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by donoutwest
I'd appreciate the link and I am happy to add you to my site as well if you wish.
Consider it done...in about half hour...You can check it out using the link in my signature.

Old 11-01-2007, 05:57 AM

Good luck in your new business. Thanks for your efforts, it looks like a very good quality, well designed grill.

PLEASE develop a mesh grill. I believe this will sell if priced similarly to the grill you developed.

Last edited by xfire2005; 11-01-2007 at 05:59 AM.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:55 AM
Received 62 Likes on 33 Posts

^^^ Yes absolutely. You see what I like about his grill is that it meets at a peak in the middle. The is so awesome!!! Look at it from the side, you see the crease? Great job. I am wanting to see this in black powdercoat. I would definitely buy two grills, one in cross bars and one in mesh.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:54 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: Crossfire Grills Open for Business Tomorrow Morning, November 1

Congratulations and the Best of Luck...you have made some of us very happy!!!

Old 11-01-2007, 10:10 AM
Forum Regular

Just tried twice to buy on your website...

The charges on your credit card was not accepted for this reason.
  • This transaction cannot be accepted.
Let me know when it works...

Old 11-01-2007, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by CrossfireLTD
Congratulations and the Best of Luck...you have made some of us very happy!!!
Finally - the "much better than OEM" grille that the Crossfire should have had from the beginning. No more minivan comments.

Thanks,
Don.

Old 11-01-2007, 05:34 PM

I certainly agree with all the comments that a mesh grill like the photoshop one we have see is the ideal. I started in that direction. And while I am not an expert, I found from my discussions with fabricators that one problem is that the material that would be used (stainless steel) is costly and there is quite a bit of waste. Secondly, those grills with the surround have a lot of individual hand work and that is very costly. If you have volume you mass produce them and we don't have that. But, I am very pleased that we are able to offer this grill as an alternative for those who want one. I can tell you from driving my car with the new grill on it, it is very much appreciated by the general public.

Last edited by donoutwest; 11-01-2007 at 05:37 PM.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:14 PM

Most of the transactions thus far have been on pay pal and everything has been fine there. A couple have been credit cards. About half the grills in fabricaton now are taken. If anyone else (I know RIOT did) has a problem with a credit card, please let me know at don@crossfiregrills.com.

Old 11-01-2007, 06:22 PM

RIOT is right, there is a problem with credit cards at this time. Pay Pal is working. I will staighten that out in the morning. Thanks for letting me know.

Old 11-01-2007, 08:50 PM
Received 62 Likes on 33 Posts

Can I go through an automated car wash with this grill? I don't usually do it but in a time crunch on a Friday before going out after work I'd like to have a clean car. Will it survive?

Also I'm really interested to know if the black powder coat would accentuate an alabaster coupe. Can't wait

Old 11-02-2007, 10:38 AM

The grill is very strong when installed. I don't see any reason why not. It's very solid. When you mentioned the black grill before I remember thinking that if I had your car I would put the polished grill on it because it matches the other chrome. If you had other black accents, or your car was black I would consider the powder coat but that is all personal preference.
By the way, some have had problems with credit cards on the site. We are now funtioning with either Visa, Mastercard, or Paypal. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Old 11-02-2007, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by donoutwest
The grill is very strong when installed. I don't see any reason why not. It's very solid. When you mentioned the black grill before I remember thinking that if I had your car I would put the polished grill on it because it matches the other chrome. If you had other black accents, or your car was black I would consider the powder coat but that is all personal preference.
By the way, some have had problems with credit cards on the site. We are now funtioning with either Visa, Mastercard, or Paypal. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Just out of curiousity, how many have been sold?

I think it looks great - it's just not in my budget yet...but I will definitely check it out when the time comes.

SQ

Old 11-02-2007, 03:35 PM

hi Don,

Great Job! Dropped you an email... please consider sending it to SINGAPORE!

btw, can you fabricate the rear hatch as seen in this picure? I am very interested in getting one...

cheers

Eddy..

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
2143.jpg (197.1 KB, 10 views)

Quick Reply: Crossfire Grills Open for Business Tomorrow Morning, November 1