CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Exterior & Lighting (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/exterior-lighting/)
-   -   Got My Hid's But... (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/exterior-lighting/28887-got-my-hids-but.html)

v8valiant 10-18-2008 01:44 PM

Got My Hid's But...

so i got my hid's in the mail today put them in, took a while to get the spring clip back in, my bad anyways i got them both in and one side seems to have more of a blue tint to it i got the 5000k kit is there anyway to see if maybe there was a different temp buld mixed up in there? my first set of hid's is it something i did?

CrossfireLTD 10-18-2008 02:39 PM

Re: Got My Hid's But.....

Make sure that all your connections are tight.

v8valiant 10-18-2008 04:42 PM

Re: Got My Hid's But...

also do they all do the flicker when you first turn them on? thanks guys!

CrossfireLTD 10-18-2008 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by v8valiant
also do they all do the flicker when you first turn them on? thanks guys!

Yes...(not really a flicker...but they will brighten a bit) it takes a few seconds to come up to full intensity.

milkjuggz 10-19-2008 03:52 AM

I have 5000k bulbs and they are definitely blue. Are bulbs situated correctly? If not that may be the culprit.

Also they do flicker for a second when powering up - the ballast is putting out some high voltage to ignite the bulb, then it goes down to normal operating voltage.

maxcichon 10-19-2008 06:06 AM

I installed (replaced 5000K) with 4300K and I'm much happier.

I'm spending the next 1-2 hours writing up a nice how-to for this.

I'll title it "HID Install with Photos". It will be in the "Exterior and Lighting" forum.

Valk 10-19-2008 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by maxcichon
I installed (replaced 5000K) with 4300K and I'm much happier.

I'm spending the next 1-2 hours writing up a nice how-to for this.

I'll title it "HID Install with Photos". It will be in the "Exterior and Lighting" forum.

You the man Max !!

70GT6 10-19-2008 09:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Mine were in the mail yesterday as well.

Appeared more blue than I expected but seems to make a nice difference on the road.
Biggest difference is the width the light reaches. I notice signs that are set far from the road reflecting much more.

I could not find a place I liked for the ballasts so I ended up removing the headlights and using the self under them. This worked out pretty well as the ballasts are just about invisible.

Attachment 49514

maxcichon 10-19-2008 10:00 AM

Install posted.

We need to have more than 4 pics per post!!!

Valk 10-19-2008 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by maxcichon
Install posted.

click here for Max's instrutions (first 7 posts)