Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

HID install concern

Old 08-31-2009, 05:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID install concern

Before I start, I just want to say thanks to everyone that posts "how to's", "Installs" and basically anything helpful about our cars. You all are really helped and blow me out of the water with your automotive knowledge haha.

With that said, I ordered my 6000k HID kit and am waiting for it. In the meantime, I have been trying to get to my bulbs so I know what to expect when I install, I have talked to a few of you on here and you probably remember me from asking all those questions in PM haha. Only problem is the few times I have gone to try to get the lights out I CANT!!! I have read "how to's" that say start with the driver side because it is easier, but for me its blocked more. I have an 05 srt6, I don't know if that makes a difference but I really can't get into the light. It looks like I have to remove that box with the wires...any suggestions or tips?

Old 08-31-2009, 05:11 PM
Default Re: HID install concern

Unplugging the bulb can be kind of hard if the plug has never been removed. It took me a while to wiggle it out but wiggle the connection side to side while also pulling back slightly. Eventually it'll come off. Remove that clamp of wires on the driver's side to make it easier on yourself. Passenger side has more room to work with

Now depending which kit you got the HID bulb will probably be connected to two plugs which go into the ignitor. Best way to get the bulb in with the wires is the feed the plugs through first. Once that happens the bulb will slide in easily.

Also, make sure the notch on the bulb housing is facing 6 o'clock. I say this because the bulb clamp will hold the bulb in place but it won't be fully in. This can cause your light dispersion to be weak. Make sure it's all the way in. You'll be able to tell because the light dispersion will be full. It'll take some careful posteuring of your hands but a bulb adjustment at night time is a must if you want full light dispersion out of the projectors. I've done 2 sets and I manage to get 1 done correctly and usually have to fiddle with the other

Post up if you have any problems

Old 08-31-2009, 06:21 PM

so the lack of room on the driver side is ok? I feel like everything said the driver side was easiest haha but I am going to try to take off that box of wires. What is that anyways?

Old 08-31-2009, 07:26 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You're right-the SRT has no room on the drivers side. The how-to's were done for N/A's.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:39 PM

nooooooooooooooooo haha

Old 08-31-2009, 10:52 PM

Just pull out that cluster of wires and you'll have plenty of room

Old 09-06-2009, 11:27 AM

I was able to do the parking headlights and replaced them with a 6 LED cluster bulb which looks great! Now the Headlight bulb replacement is another story! Your right! They is no room to get to these bulbs! Dont know why they bulit it like that! I had them replaced at a independent mechanic that had a cool little bent forcep looking tool to get them in. He even had a problem but goter done! Cost me 35.00 labor to install them, but it was worth it! I would have spent that much in bandages for my hands!. I got the bulbs off Ebay cheap! The fogs are a cinch to replace! just remove the little cover inside the fender well and there it is!