Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Windshield trim rubber damaged, need repair advice

Old 04-26-2011, 04:31 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Windshield trim rubber damaged, need repair advice

Hi all,

I recently purchased a set of windshield trim pieces and had them professionally painted graphite metallic to match the car. Unfortunately, the rubber on one of the side pieces (the part that rests on the windshield) is tore up pretty badly and looks unsightly. It looks like someone took a screwdriver and tried to pry the piece off, thus putting tears in the rubber.

I've already done research as to how to make the rubber molding around the windows look great via Meguiars products. I have 2 questions though:

1. Is it possible to remove the rubber trim from the plastic piece itself? I still have my old set of windshield pieces and would prefer to remove the trim from one piece and stick it on the other. Doesn't appear to be feasible though, but I could be wrong.

2. Alternatively, I could try to "fix" the trim by buying some sort of rubber glue to bond the piece back together. This wont look as good, but at least look better than what I'm seeing now. Anyone know of any good products to do this? And don't say super glue.

As it stands now, the plastic piece itself looks great but the rubber trim makes me sad.

Thanks!

Last edited by mjgroves; 04-26-2011 at 04:34 PM.