Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Dropping a new bulb in the light assembly by accident

Old 06-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Dropping a new bulb in the light assembly by accident

On my 2006 Crossfire Roadster Limited there are NO access doors in the trunk to get to the brake lights or directional signal lights.

I found that it is easier to remove the whole light assembly since there are only 3 nuts that have to be removed and the whole assembly comes right out.

After you roll back the trunk liner by unscrewing the luggage net anchor and poping out the two other connectors you can access the three nuts holding in the entire light assembly.

I used a 5/16 "spin-tight" type tool to remove the nuts and the light assembly came right out and it was a snap to change the bulbs.

Once the light assembly was out I used a goose neck gripper to grab the metal end of the bulb and pull it out of the assembly.

Old 06-06-2011, 10:22 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Re: Dropping a new bulb in the light assembly by accident

I don't own a roadster, but I think you can get to the bulbs fairly easy when the top is in the halfway up position. Someone can confirm that.

Old 06-07-2011, 06:43 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by James1549
I don't own a roadster, but I think you can get to the bulbs fairly easy when the top is in the halfway up position. Someone can confirm that.
Oh, it can be done. But, there's nothing easy about it!

Old 06-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did the whole dropping the bulb inside thing on mine - spent 2 hours fishing it out with a wire coat hanger and blue tac Bulb blew again not long after and when I went to Halfords (uk) for a new one the girl on the till said do you want us to fit it? Go ahead I said but I don't mind if you give up! 3 minutes later a long armed bendy teenager had just popped it in I know where I'm going for the next one! You must have an equivalent in the states? You know - over priced usually useless, but then you get a pleasant surprise type spares place that employ bendy (cheap) teenagers.