Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Where do front driver side parking light wires connect?

Old 11-26-2017, 02:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where do front driver side parking light wires connect?

Hi guys and gals,

I have what may sound like a strange question but need some guidance.

I have recently bought a used 2005 Crossfire and notice that the "lights out" indicator is lit up and that is because the front, drivers side marker light (located on drivers side fender) is not lit. Upon removing the assembly to replace the bulb, there is not a bulb holder or wire that would go to it anywhere in sight. I tried to look at the passenger side assembly to see where the wire would run from but am not making any headway.

Can anyone direct me as to where the bulb assembly would electrically conned or where the wires would run to/from? Obviously, I'll have to purchase a new/used assembly but need to trace where the wires are either broken or where they connect into.

I greatly appreciate your assistance.

Thanks!

Rob

Old 11-26-2017, 05:10 PM
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Re: Where do front driver side parking light wires connect?

Bet it came out and has dropped into the wheel well. Might try opening the hood on a dark night, tuning the parking lights on, look inside, and see if there is a glimmer of hope.

Old 11-26-2017, 05:30 PM

Thanks for the suggestion but I've looked down in the wheel well and it's not there plus the light is out or completely gone. Need to know where the connection starts that leads to this assembly.

Rob

Old 11-26-2017, 05:38 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Here's the wiring :

Old 11-26-2017, 06:01 PM

Thanks for the diagram but I'm having a hard time following. Are you able from this to share where the wires that connect to the bulb socket start from? I'm simply hoping I could follow wire from that point to see where the break is or where wire is missing. All other electrical components and lights appear to be working. Thanks!

Rob

Old 11-26-2017, 06:26 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Your best bet is remove that side wheel then the plastic wheel cover front piece. I'm betting your wire harness is found there with a broken bulb, resulting in your issue. They probably didn't have the bulb and assembly seated in the light housing properly.

Old 11-26-2017, 09:18 PM
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

BTW that is from the 2005 Service manual downloadable as a .pdf - can find in the documentation section. Troubleshooting is several pages starting on page 8L-32.

Old 11-27-2017, 07:21 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by RobGionJr
Thanks for the diagram but I'm having a hard time following. Are you able from this to share where the wires that connect to the bulb socket start from? I'm simply hoping I could follow wire from that point to see where the break is or where wire is missing. All other electrical components and lights appear to be working. Thanks!

Rob
The wires are in a harness that runs from the headlight switch assemble in the cabin, through the firewall and up to the headlight position.