Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Paint Touch Up

Old 05-23-2018, 09:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint Touch Up

I have a couple of small scratches on my roadster that I would like to touch up (as they go through to the metal). Unfortunately, I can't buy any of the touch up pens/markers from Amazon US as they don't ship to Spain (nothing with paints, solvents, etc.)

I have found here a German company called Wo-We (Wolfgruben Werke) that advertises touch up paint "pens" for the Crossfire, both in Inferno Red and in Blaze Red. However, I cant find any opinions on this company at all, and the paint pens are only listed on Amazon (no trace on their website).

I have also come across what seems to be a kit instead of a pen and is available both in the US and EU:

As I have never used these kits before (although I have done plenty of spray work and other painting work, so I am not totally new) I was wondering if you guys had any experience and/or comments on these kits?

Also, I have the Special Edition, which I have seen referred to as both Blaze Red and Inferno Red, but I believe that both are the same colour, is that correct?

Thanks!

Old 05-23-2018, 11:33 AM
Received 181 Likes on 151 Posts
Default Re: Paint Touch Up

I have used the Dr. Color chip repair kit. It was a good color match ( graphite metallic) and fairly easy to use. I believe you can order it from your location. Recently I got the repair pen from Chrysler and I liked it's easy use, but the color did not seem correct. It has a pen and brush for the color coat and a foam applicator for the clear. It was not expensive here in the states, and I was able to make good repairs with the clear coat on a few small areas around door edges and trim strips were the clear coat had begun to peel.

Old 05-24-2018, 01:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Paint Touch Up

Thanks zip439, I can find Dr Color in the UK, which should ship to Spain (I hope).

The kit is around $75 which is worth it if the colour is a good match.

They do have two Blaze Reds though, one peral and one metallic, I guess that for the SE it is the Pearl that I want.