General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

Griot's Garage came to town

Old 05-07-2006, 10:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Griot's Garage came to town

Well this weekend I received an invite to attend a open house of sorts... The Lake Forest Sportscars (LFSC) was hosting a hands on demo day with a few techie folks from Griots Garage on hand doing product demos and such. I like their product and though hey why not check it out. So I took the opportunity to stretch the Crossfire's legs a bit and hit the road... well little did I know that LFSC was not a club as I had assumed but an Aston Martin, Ferrari, Maserati dealer... Folks these people have more money in plasma screens in their service shop than I have invested in my cars!!! So here's me in my Herd club t-shirt and jeans walking around this dealership, while most everyone else was in dockers and polos! While I did feel a bit out of place, all the people I met seemed really nice. I'm sure many of them could buy and sell my butt many times over but must say I have many of them beat on one thing... the appearance of my car! Can you say swirl marks. These folks were getting quite a lesson in Car Care Management 101. I guess we all need to learn sometime right. So I ask the tech a few questions and I really start to impress the audience. Now I have a couple asking me questions. Now if I only had a detail business I could have made a killing... or maybe enough to buy one of the cars there. Oh and did they have cars there... easily had to be $8-10 million worth in the shop that day... My two favorites an MB SLR McLaren damn nice ride, the other something called an ENZO caught my attention. Close enough to smell the interior leather and me with out my camera...

Somehow I was able to drag myself away...

Last edited by cgt_n_the; 05-07-2006 at 10:58 PM.