General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

What would you do?

Old 04-30-2007, 01:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would you do?

Just got done fueling my work truck with diesel and the guy a couple pumps down says to me " this thing is ****ed up", premium was supposed to be $3.09 and the register was set at $2.09. he was trying to squeeze every drop he could into his vehicle.
Does one Go in and tell them?
Go home and get the Crossfire and fill it up and hope it stays that way all summer?
Or go home get the Crossfire and fill it up and then go in and tell them?
Just curious what you all would say.
I know what the right thing is and I know what I would do ? Are they one in the same? I'll never tell.

Old 04-30-2007, 01:29 PM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: What would you do?

Originally Posted by RickZ
Just got done fueling my work truck with diesel and the guy a couple pumps down says to me " this thing is ****ed up", premium was supposed to be $3.09 and the register was set at $2.09. he was trying to squeeze every drop he could into his vehicle.
Does one Go in and tell them?
Go home and get the Crossfire and fill it up and hope it stays that way all summer?
Or go home get the Crossfire and fill it up and then go in and tell them?
Just curious what you all would say.
I know what the right thing is and I know what I would do ? Are they one in the same? I'll never tell.
I think the only answer is to let the station personnel know. I would wait until the guy left tho. I'd hate to see the employee get fired or charged for this mistake.

Old 04-30-2007, 02:02 PM

I would get my XF first fill it up, then call everyone i know and tell them to come down. Than i might tell the guy after were all done.

Old 04-30-2007, 03:07 PM

Integrity is what a man does when nobody else is looking. That being said, I'd fill 'er up and then go tell the attendant that he might want to check the pricing at the pump.

Old 04-30-2007, 04:04 PM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Fenwick223
Integrity is what a man does when nobody else is looking.
Integrity is what a man when he is looking.

Old 04-30-2007, 08:44 PM

I was just curious what people would think, The station is part of a farm co-op and I buy a lot of fuel there so I know most people there. I told them and it has already been taken care of. It is tempting to try to get back at Big Oil, but as is the case most of the time it would not be Big Oil that suffered.

Old 04-30-2007, 09:14 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RickZ
I was just curious what people would think, The station is part of a farm co-op and I buy a lot of fuel there so I know most people there. I told them and it has already been taken care of. It is tempting to try to get back at Big Oil, but as is the case most of the time it would not be Big Oil that suffered.
My nephew bought a small station in Independence, KS as he wanted to build his own business. So far it's been one of the biggest regrets in his life. Examples as this are now part of every phone conversation. He makes about 2 cents on every gallon sold, sometimes 3 cents. Average fill up these days is 14 gallons, meaning that he lost $14 on each fill up of mispriced gas, meaning that he'd need to sell up to 700 gals, or that he breaks even on the next 50 fill ups for every one that took advantage of the mistake. Sadly in his case he's discovering that these aren't mistakes, but employee theft as the pumps get reset, the employee calls all his buddies, and then "someone" eventually advises him or the shift manager of the "mistake".

Guys, do what you think best, but unless it's a corporate store you're not even within 4 enterprises to "Big Oil. In any case, when traveling through Independence, KS, please notify my nephew BEFORE filling up...I'd really appreciate it.