General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

We Will Always Remember !!!

Old 09-11-2008, 05:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default We Will Always Remember !!!

God Bless NYC ! God Bless the USA !

Attached Images
Old 09-11-2008, 06:54 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 503 Likes on 346 Posts
Default Re: We Will Always Remember !!!

Asking all members who care to share.....
Where were you and what were you doing at the moment you heard the news of this attack ??

Thanks Stogey for this thread.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:04 AM
Forum Regular

I was in San Diego on vacation at the time. My GF woke me up and told me to come out quick to watch the news. I was in total disbelief at what was going on. My Uncle thank god got out, and a month earlier my Grandfather retired from his job. Everyone on his floor did not make it out. My gf's brother wasn't so lucky. Horrific day for our family. I will never forget anything about that entire week. 3 family/friends were in the marines in about a months time. Really brought our two families closer together.

Posting from Iphone, sorry for spelling and grammar errors. God bless the USA. I love this country.

Last edited by rodimus; 09-11-2008 at 12:00 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:11 AM

I was at work for a large computer chip equipment manufacturing firm here in Austin. It was the only day I can recollect in my seven years of service that all of the huge clean manufacturing rooms on site came to a stand still. The entire complement of 2000 employees were glued to television sets in the breakrooms and cafe's. Most in disbelief, some in tears, others gritting their teeth in anger.
It is a day I will remember till the end of my time on this earth !

God Bless the USA

Last edited by Stogey; 09-11-2008 at 08:58 AM.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:55 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 503 Likes on 346 Posts

I was working in the Receiving dept at Tellabs in Bolingbrook ,Ill
It was shortly before 8 AM when a guy from the maintenance dept said
"Did ya here what just happened"
He had a radio on in the maint shop and heard the news break.
He quickly started walking around the factory to spread the word because none of us had radios in the building.
Then others that worked in offices were arriving and had heard the news in their cars while driving in to work.
By 9 AM I believe that production had come to a halt and people started gathering in groups and looking for radios to hear for themselves.

Back at home I had set up a VCR to record a program on FOX that morning and actually the VCR was only supposed to record one hour on the "ep"
setting but actually recorded all 6 hours on the tape.
It recorded from 9am to 3pm and captured all the coverage of that day for 6 hours.
I have since copied it to a DVD and oddly will keep it for the rest of my life.

As Stogey said in the title of this post "We will always remember"

PS.
I just added the where were you to this thread because I have never asked anyone this question that could not answer it with no hesitation in thought.

Proud to be an american and live in the USA and will never forget.

Valk

Old 09-11-2008, 08:11 AM

I was in my fourth grade class. The school had told us nothing of the attack. When my mom picked me up, she told me all about it. I really didn't understand the impact it would pose back when I was 9 years old.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smokey847
I was in my fourth grade class. The school had told us nothing of the attack. When my mom picked me up, she told me all about it. I really didn't understand the impact it would pose back when I was 9 years old.
4th grade. LOL you are young.

I was working in the parts department at a BMW dealership when it came on the news.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:23 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was working in the disciplinary pod in the Knox Co. jail. No TVs or radios allowed! Had to come out of the pod to get updates. All of the jail was on 24hr. lockdown for over a week.
When I got off work I was glued to the TV. I'll never forget the scene where they showed all of the homemade flyers of people looking for loved ones, and they zoomed in on one that was written in crayon. All it said was, "have you seen my daddy?"
Seven years later, still no bin laden.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:26 AM

I was on a trading floor in Columbus, OH. We had TV's on the floor and saw everything as soon as the media broadcast it. Shortly after the attacks everyone was dismissed for the day. My wife was 4 months pregnant and I took her to lunch that day. It was amazing how many people did not realize what had happened until that night.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:29 AM

I listened to the news on the car radio on the way into work, in total disbelief.
When I got in to work was told by the telephone company I work for [TELUS] to please go back home and pray for our American brothers and sisters.

Can not think of it even now with out tears coming to my eyes.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:30 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I was driving to the office and was about half way there when they announced on the radio that a small private plan crashed into the WTC. When I got to the office it was on TV in the conference room. I remember thinking that I couldn't believe those buildings are still standing. A few minutes later the first one started to fall.

I'll never forget the silent skies after they grounded all flights.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:45 AM
THREE 6S

I was in class, exhibiting my understanding of CPR techniques on a dummy so I could become certified. A young lady passes by our room and vaguely states, “A plane just hit one of the towers!” As I continued counting compressions, I thought to myself how the hell did a plane crash into a Control Tower at the airport Giving my buddy the “what was that about” look, we continued as if nothing was happening on the outside world.

Class continued, when a second student walked by and said “The WTC was hit by a plane”. Simultaneously, everyone in that room stopped and the professor walked out too investigate. He returned to say class is dismissed and then left again. So as we enter the hallways, we notice every TV was displaying the same image, WTC on fire…….

United We Stand.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:23 AM
Forum Regular

i was working at NuVox Communications in Greenville, SC. Our marketing dept had a TV/VCR combo for training purposes. We could get NBC from inside the building with no antenna. there must have been 100 of us standing around that TV watching in awl. i remember thinking "this can not be happening". i had to fly out to St. Louis on 9/14. there was like 3 of us on the plane. that seems like yesterday then again so long ago.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:31 AM

I was at a meeting in a high rise in Boston. We had a television on the news as the meeting hadn't started yet. We saw it live and were then told to evacuate as no one new what other buildings might be targeted.
I will remember that day forever.Still sends shivers just thinking about it.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:34 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was at work in Minnesota and watched the TV from our lobby. I was freaking out because my brother lives in the Village and I thought he may be at one of the towers doing business (He owns his own printing company). Of course none of the lines would go through and finally 2 days later he contacted us which was a relief for us all. God bless America and to hell to all those terrorists involved! May they all get what's coming to them!

Old 09-11-2008, 12:20 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I was at work in the Network Operations Center at Delta Airlines when the attack took place. Just
working normal Unix server issues. We all watched in horror as the screens went to the news
channel and we saw the reports of the first plane flying into the World Trade Center. Obviously,
we immediately got real busy. When the second plane struck the other tower, we knew it was
going to be a bad day. A lot of people were mumbling a lot of prayers that day.

God bless all those who lost their lives that day, and all those who risked their own lives to try
to save others. God damn those evil bastards who plotted and carried out such an evil work.
May they rot in the lowest part of hell forever. God give us the courage and strength to make
that a reality!

Coyote

Old 09-11-2008, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Coyote
God bless all those who lost their lives that day, and all those who risked their own lives to try to save others. God damn those evil bastards who plotted and carried out such an evil work.
May they rot in the lowest part of hell forever. God give us the courage and strength to make
that a reality!

Coyote
Here Here!! Damn them to the darkest hottest parts of hell!!

I was in 9th grade English class 2nd period when an announcement came on and told every one in the building to turn on a TV and watch the news... my high school was about 30-40min drive from DC. At that point the news was even unclear as to what the exact cause of the explosion at the pentagon was they had reports of a large jet crash but no part of a plane was visible so the news was looking for conformation. We watched TV all morning as the news switched back and forth from DC to NYC, then we were released early, as we were so close to DC. I'll never forget that day... I still have the newspaper from the 9/12.

Old 09-11-2008, 01:03 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

I was at work when someone told me that a plane hit one of the towers. I figured it was just a private plane NOT an airliner!!!
Went to the snack bar and the TV was showing what had happened. That was NOT caused by a private plane!
Spent the rest of the day watching the events and saw the second plane hit live on TV.
Wow, what a day.

Old 09-11-2008, 01:35 PM
Forum Regular

I was working, in splendid isolation - no radio or TV running. I was working from home, so it was only when I stopped for lunch that I found out in conversation what had happened. When I watched the news footage, it was one of those "this is big" moments. You can’t take it on in one go.

A couple of days later, I had an email from a email friend who’s brother had been in the area at the time. I got a very good first hand description of what had gone on (he had forwarded a message from his brother). That made it far more real for me than the TV could. The power of the written word should never be underestimated...

A sad day. The world changed for everyone that day.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:44 PM

I was driving to work when I heard of the attacks on the radio. It was the day when I learned what diabolical evil really meant.

Quick Reply: We Will Always Remember !!!