General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

Need some html help with my website please...

Old 08-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Need some html help with my website please...

Hello all,
I have used yahoo sitebuilder with my new website and I have been having some concerns over my h1 header tag in my home page at http://cpcardetailing.com. If you take a look at the placement of the h1 header tag, will the search engines pick it up?

When I first attempted to place the h1 tag on the site, I placed it BEFORE the body tags and it showed-up on the page (but it messed-up the placement of everything else). Currently the tag is placed within the body tags and the content of the h1 tag is not showing up (I don't mind this because it does not mess-up the placement of all of the page elements). If it sounds confusing please feel free to call me at the number on the site. This is much appreciated help.
Thanks,
Ciro

Last edited by golfdude; 08-10-2009 at 07:52 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:10 PM
Received 80 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Re: Need some html help with my website please...

Sorry I wish I could help you with your question. Years ago when I would build simple webpages from scratch, you had to submit your webpage URL to each search engine to have it come up with the 'keywords' you provided to them. Since then, you have to pay a fee, and a company will do all the submitting for you to the major search engine companies. Things could have changed again since then as well.

I would also like to hear from someone who knows for sure how it works now in 2009.

James

Old 08-11-2009, 12:25 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

James,
Thanks for your response. Pay per click marketing is my expertise and I just know the basics of SEO. But with yahoo sitebuilder some basic functions are more complicated than others. Or, I just don't know what I am doing. I've searched the web for hours trying to find an answer to this without success.

I will say that these days you still don't have to pay a fee to submit to search engines, but to guarantee that some of the search engines will view your site (not necessarily index it), you will have to pay (ex: yahoo directory). Yeah, I totally wish I knew what I know now I few years ago...I could of had 3 Crossfires by now!! An srt-6, 6-speed limited, and a 6-speed limited TURBO!!!

Old 08-11-2009, 12:35 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PM me. I know a little.