General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

Farewell President Reagan

Old 06-13-2004, 10:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Farewell President Reagan

We have had plans to go to Simi Valley on June 11th for over 6 weeks for a Family Reunion. Don's brother lives about a mile from the Reagan Library, so CeeBee decided she wanted to drive up to the Library to see the outpouring of flowers and people. Sorry this picture is large. When it was smaller, you could barely see the words. The tribute was beautiful.

CeeBee had a "front row" parking place. Most people take pics of their kids on vacation - well CeeBee is our gkidh so her picture gets taken quite a bit. (Ask anyone that was on the gLeft Coast Hook-Uph, especially AZ) :wink:

The American Flag floral arrangement was also beautiful. The arrangement next to it had a card on it from "The Russians"

The pictures are also in my photo album, if you would like to see the other 2 pictures a little larger.

Old 06-13-2004, 11:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THE GREATEST President of our times...

Farewell and following seas Mr. Reagan.

Old 06-14-2004, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by David Burns
THE GREATEST President of our times...

Farewell and following seas Mr. Reagan.
MAJOR DITTO!!!

Old 06-14-2004, 11:05 AM

Yes - and Nancy is a Real Lady.

Old 06-14-2004, 11:16 AM

I vote that Nancy's picture be place next to the word "Class" in every dictionary.

Old 06-14-2004, 03:06 PM

I second that.

Old 06-14-2004, 09:52 PM
Banned

I think Reagan was a great leader,but! Oh well at least it only cost a few hundred million to bury him.We didn't need that money anyway.Maybe it's the trickle down theory!!

Old 06-14-2004, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Dan Root
I think Reagan was a great leader,but! Oh well at least it only cost a few hundred million to bury him.We didn't need that money anyway.Maybe it's the trickle down theory!!
:roll: You know, a lot of money is spent on things that we do not necessarily understand or like. FYI - I did not start this as a political thread. Simply as a tribute to a great President. Take your political comments to a political forum, please. Not on this one. :?

Old 06-15-2004, 12:24 PM
Banned

My statement is not for (politics)i saw all the out pouring of affection for the REAGANS from the public !But!those millions spent just could have helped alot of Americans still breathing!And in real neeeeeeeeeeeeeed!I think when people ask others to donate to good causes instead of spending $$ on( just flowers)is their last act to helping humanity!And that is a very small act,Reagan could have made a huge Act at the end .He decided to make it the way it was and that took some of the respect i had for him away !And that's THE END

Old 06-16-2004, 12:26 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Old 06-16-2004, 08:00 AM

Nothing's over until WE decide it's over! Was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor? No!

Old 06-17-2004, 10:13 PM

i feel the money spent was not so much just for the person as it was for his accomplishments of his presidency. If you were able to defeat communism and bring down the berlin wall you have saved us millions in expense over the years . ALso with all the countries dissing us lately like the frogs who in habit france. I think it was important to do this and remind them. Churches do the same many build stoic edifies while members are starving. Yet the poor of the church take pride and relish the structures erected. There have been many studies to verify this strange reaction. He did much in his few years in office and the good he did will long endure after his demise. YOu could see this by the outpouring of young teenagers who went to the state funerals even though they had never experienced his presidency but thought they needed to pay their respect for his accomplishments. It is good in building national pride to stage these events. The country benefits greatly from them. So even though you find the money spent to be excessive to some it is a chance to pay there respect and acknowledge the accomplishments of the departed. They are there to celebrate the good he has done not bury him. As is said the good lives long after the departed. As long as someone is alive to relay the good it never dies neither do they. afterall who here remembers lincoln personally but yet we are all aware of his good deeds and still celebrate them. again the state funerals were a celebration of the good deeds of a man not to interr a body.

Old 06-17-2004, 11:07 PM

Rikster, well said. It's not about the money. it's about national pride. :lol: :lol:

Old 06-17-2004, 11:37 PM

Vegascrossife. I want to tell you i really really enjoyed your pics. I wish i could have been there and they helped me imagine what it was like thank you so much

Old 06-18-2004, 01:20 AM

My statement is not for (politics)i saw all the out pouring of affection for the REAGANS from the public !But!those millions spent just could have helped alot of Americans still breathing!And in real neeeeeeeeeeeeeed!I think when people ask others to donate to good causes instead of spending $$ on( just flowers)is their last act to helping humanity!And that is a very small act,Reagan could have made a huge Act at the end .He decided to make it the way it was and that took some of the respect i had for him away ! And that's THE END
Does this mean you'll be leaving the forum???

Old 06-18-2004, 11:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by AZ Outlaws
My statement is not for (politics)i saw all the out pouring of affection for the REAGANS from the public !But!those millions spent just could have helped alot of Americans still breathing!And in real neeeeeeeeeeeeeed!I think when people ask others to donate to good causes instead of spending $$ on( just flowers)is their last act to helping humanity!And that is a very small act,Reagan could have made a huge Act at the end .He decided to make it the way it was and that took some of the respect i had for him away ! And that's THE END
Does this mean you'll be leaving the forum???
AZ ,no.Ido believe that Reagan was a Great leader.In fact i think he thought the same way!I live near his library,almost twice the size of any other President's!In fact , after they built it the Govmt' made a new rule on limitaions for P.L.s'about half the size.Oh az did you know the funeral was Reagans decision not the Gov's.He or They could have had their own private funeral!!By the end i meant i didn't want to rehash the past.It's over now.

Old 06-18-2004, 12:23 PM

For what it's worth, I'm no Reagan fan... Hey! Who threw that brick at me?

Anyway, even though I didn't like him as a president, you won't see me complaining that his funeral was too big. I mean, hey, if a former leader of the free world can't have a big funeral, who can?

Old 06-24-2004, 05:59 PM

Vegascrossfire I want to thank you for the pictures. I thought I had shed my last tear over President Reagan , but it was not so. I was lucky enough to be one of the throngs who paid my respects in Simi Valley. A day never to be forgoten on many levels. The most amazing aspect was the complete and utter politeness of the crowd. There was not a harsh word heard. In fact two women (at their own expense) were handing out cookies and suckers to those of us in line, just because. People attempted to give them money, but to no avail. Men were giving up their seats to women on the bus ride to the Library.
The most unbelievable event took place on our return trip from the Library. Two men (early 40's) began conversing with a gentleman in German. It turns out they had flown here for as they said "the occasion". They just wanted to pay their respects to President Reagan. One person asked if that was the only reason they were here. One fellow looked rather surprized at the queston and asked "Don't you know what he did for the world? Of course we knew about the Fall of Communism and the Berlin Wall. He went on to say that PRESIDENT REAGAN WASN'T JUST OUR PRESIDENT, BUT THE PRESIDENT OF THE WORLD. Certainly shook me out of my complacent American attitude. His positive spirit wii surely be missed.