General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please
View Poll Results: Should the Politics SubForum Be Reinstated?
Yes, with no changes
14.00%
Yes, with changes to moderation
42.00%
No
44.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Bring Back the Politics SubForum

Old 09-28-2011, 10:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poll: Bring Back the Politics SubForum

I'm not happy about losing the politics forum and I know that other people are unhappy too. The moderators seem to have forgotten about the thread a few months back with a poll about getting rid of the politics forum. I do remember it and more importantly I remember that the vast majority of voters said to keep it.
I for one think we should have it back. This forum is a community and it provided a lot of great discussion and viewpoints. I say that changes can be made with how it is moderated and that if that happens it can once again be a place to discuss politics like the adults we are.

*Don't ask me why the poll says "no no" didn't mean to type that

Last edited by caddymike85; 09-28-2011 at 10:43 AM.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Poll: Bring Back the Politics SubForum

Nice of you to do that Caddy. Class act.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:08 AM
Received 514 Likes on 355 Posts

Moderators just need to delete posts involving personal attacks. Harmless to the thread, even if the MODS go overborad.

Instead of a worry about pleasing everyone, an impossible task BTW, just keep things neat and tidy.

A rather simple task to do. There are several volunteers willing to do it.

franc

Old 09-28-2011, 11:16 AM

A political forum needs no moderator or censor. It's called the First Amendment. I do my own censoring........ gary

Last edited by arado; 09-28-2011 at 11:23 AM.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:10 PM

Please note that the poll is open for 10 days.

Old 09-28-2011, 05:21 PM
Banned

Vote early and vote often. Just a point of interest, having two YES categories is akin to having a third party, favoring the NO vote tally. So we can presume that either vote YES sums to a total YES vote. Yes?

Witnessing the Republicans and Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt was like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.

Last edited by Kane; 09-28-2011 at 06:05 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll moderate the damn thing. I read it, but rarely ever post in it.

Old 09-28-2011, 05:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Plus I'm cheeky enough to know the difference between a joke and a insult meant to hurt someones feelings. (Cough Franc Cough)

Old 09-28-2011, 06:29 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Bring it back?
I voted Yes, with changes to moderation.
I would have no problem with deleting peoples posts and keep people in line, Heck.... it has happeded to me over on CICCI Not too much over here.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:31 PM
Forum Regular

I am a proud liberal pro union voter. I voted for McGovern in 1972 and have always voted a Democratic Platform. I love reading the posts on the political forum. I very rarely add anything to the discussion, because I feel I'm not an expert. But I believe in free speech, and I respect other people's opinions - please bring back this forum! By the way, hopefully I'll see the Minnesota Crossfires at Lola's in Waconia on October 9th!

Old 09-28-2011, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by winstonscifi
I am a proud liberal pro union voter. I voted for McGovern in 1972 and have always voted a Democratic Platform. I love reading the posts on the political forum. I very rarely add anything to the discussion, because I feel I'm not an expert. But I believe in free speech, and I respect other people's opinions - please bring back this forum! By the way, hopefully I'll see the Minnesota Crossfires at Lola's in Waconia on October 9th!
LOL! That's one of the things I truly appreciate about you Steve. I'll hope to see you soon! Mark

Old 09-28-2011, 09:44 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by winstonscifi
If only expert contribution were allowed, the politics section would have been closed long ago... due to lack of use.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:54 PM
Received 514 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob M
If only expert contribution were allowed, the politics section would have been closed long ago... due to lack of use.
Agreed. So called experts and talking heads are all over the tube. This was a place for the average Joe to speak his mind and get feedback.

Nobody's job or future depended on the outcome of these discussions.

roadster with a stick

Old 09-29-2011, 06:38 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kane
Vote early and vote often. Just a point of interest, having two YES categories is akin to having a third party, favoring the NO vote tally. So we can presume that either vote YES sums to a total YES vote. Yes?

Witnessing the Republicans and Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt was like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.
Typical, divide the party and the vote and then complain about the outcome.

I voted no by the way.

See you guys at the dragon.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Kane

I put two yes answers because after reading the other thread I thought it would be important to seperate the two. It seemed to me like people wanted the politics forum back but were willing to make changes on how it was conducted. Either way I think a yes answer is an overall vote to bring it back regardless of how its moderated.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Spudracer

I voted no by the way.
So then when the Forum reopens, we can rest assured that you'll just stay away.

Just say NO.

Yes?

Last edited by Kane; 09-29-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:05 AM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Please do not use this thread for further commentary.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:31 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by FP
??????????

Old 09-29-2011, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by FP
Thanks for the censorship.

FP, I don't know you either personally or through this forum but what gives? I understand some of the reasoning behind deleting the politics forum and I understand that it's an annoyance to moderate but why can't we have a say in what happens on this site? You said in the other thread that this poll isn't sanctioned by the owner which is true but why can't our opinion and vote count for something? And I say that with consideration to both ways the poll could go; if the majority of people say no I'll accept that and move on, but if the majority of people say yes are you telling me it doesn't matter for anything?

We are the users of the website, we are the conversations, threads, opinions, helpful hints, sales, and formed friendships that make up this site so why is that being taken away from us piece by piece? We're adults, we can and are expected to handle ourselves as such, things didn't get out of hand with the politics forum other people just got tired of hearing about it. So then why should we be treated like children and told to deal with it?

I'm running out of things to say but in the politics forum and the thread about its loss I've tried to think before I write and maintain composure but this is BS. I'll accept the loss of the politics forum if its voted upon, not because its the wishes of the owner or moderators.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:41 AM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by caddymike85
Thanks for the censorship.

FP, I don't know you either personally or through this forum but what gives? I understand some of the reasoning behind deleting the politics forum and I understand that it's an annoyance to moderate but why can't we have a say in what happens on this site? You said in the other thread that this poll isn't sanctioned by the owner which is true but why can't our opinion and vote count for something? And I say that with consideration to both ways the poll could go; if the majority of people say no I'll accept that and move on, but if the majority of people say yes are you telling me it doesn't matter for anything?

We are the users of the website, we are the conversations, threads, opinions, helpful hints, sales, and formed friendships that make up this site so why is that being taken away from us piece by piece? We're adults, we can and are expected to handle ourselves as such, things didn't get out of hand with the politics forum other people just got tired of hearing about it. So then why should we be treated like children and told to deal with it?

I'm running out of things to say but in the politics forum and the thread about its loss I've tried to think before I write and maintain composure but this is BS. I'll accept the loss of the politics forum if its voted upon, not because its the wishes of the owner or moderators.
I have no issues with your poll. Its a good data point. I'm not getting in the way of the poll. Its good information although I don't see that many votes either way considering the number of views or the number of members logging in.
My point is that no further commentary is necessary. Everyone made their point in the other thread, and we don't need further bantering on the subject.

One more point; the owner of the forum has the right to set the charter, policies, rules and guidelines for the forum. He owns the forum. The moderator's job (and not alway popular) is to make sure these are followed. We all accepted the terms of the forum when we joined.

So, please no more further political discussion or attacks on this thread, or comments. Any comments will be deleted.

Last edited by FP; 09-29-2011 at 04:10 PM.

Quick Reply: Poll: Bring Back the Politics SubForum