General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

Is .org dying a slow death?

Old 11-14-2012, 06:43 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Is .org dying a slow death?

Originally Posted by FP
All I know is that I have made some great friendships from here that will last a lifetime.
~ much agreed !!!

Old 11-14-2012, 06:50 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: Is .org dying a slow death?

This post got me to visit some old forums I have not been on in a long time.
On one of them you can not search through the old posts.
It is sad how much useful information that is no longer available there.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:17 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am probably one of the newer CCICI and this forum. I would not want anyone to go away, but I wish there was some way to let the newer Xfire owners know that there is a site, that there are answers to all their qiestions and there are some fun times not only on the web, but around the countries that have small clubs. When I see someone I do not know in a Parking lot etc. I leave my business card and tell them to look me up at this site. Maybe if we would all try to do this we would get more folks to join. Planning our next adventure in the Northwest to do a fun rally to Mt. Rainer National Park. Lots of curves, about the closet thigs to back Easts dragon....Getting together and ralllying would only help make the Crossfire forum grow.

KJ

Old 11-14-2012, 08:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kjwinston
I am probably one of the newer CCICI members

KJ
Ha loser :P

Old 11-14-2012, 09:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to say I would hate to see it go...too much valuable information...even if we can't discuss politics...

Old 11-14-2012, 10:22 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 503 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by FP
All I know is that I have made some great friendships from here that will last a lifetime.
Originally Posted by harbor
If you look at the attendance at meets, particularly the TOD, it's hard to think of .org as "dying".
I think the newbies and us hard core orig owners will keep it going for quite awhile.
I haven't seen another forum that has the camaraderie and passion for tech support of .org, including Porsche, Miata, Jeeps, etc...
Agreed...........

It's not "dying a slow death"
It is evolving through time and changing from what all us old timers are familiar with.
No surprise to me...shouldn't be a surprise to anyone really.
I still visit each day and enjoy being here

Old 11-14-2012, 10:23 PM

Well put, sir!

Old 11-14-2012, 10:41 PM
Received 517 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by JHM2K
Yes, and there was not a single inflammatory remark from the Liberal/Progressive crowd, ever.

My point was that the forum was there for those that wished to participate. It wasn't a place for those with thin skin, BUT there were many relationships that were formed even in disagreement. Nightrider comes to mind, and a few others. With no dog in the fight (either politically or religiously) it's no wonder some found it offensive. Yet, they were voyeurs nonetheless. Many of the whistle-blowers who allegedly hated the political forum haven't posted on a regular basis since its demise (radmanly, anyone?). Makes one wonder...

Again, that was my personal axe to grind. Nothing more. We have a racing forum on here, but only ~10% of members actively race. Those that wish not to race simply avoid that part of the forum. What a shocking concept

The facts remain -- traffic is down, our cars are older, and interest and enthusiasm has shifted to other brands. That's why the forum is coasting to a crawl. I can stay off the forum for 24 hours, and return only to find 1.5 pages of new posts. There was a time when such a hiatus would yield 4 pages of discussions.

I'm not going anywhere, but the forum is definitely "less than captivating" at the moment.
Well said John.

I'm here from time to time. And yes the Forum does facilitate GTG and meets. But so does Facebook.
But there is little of interest anymore. Because,as you stated, the damn car is old. Unfortunately not classic old.

I get on another forum where if you wish to engage in politics you must agree not to b!tch about it. Out side of Politics it has about 30 other subject catagories.The mods are tougher thanhere but they are fair with everybody. So the nonsense that happened here is never allowed to get started.

That is all it takes.

But I digress,

I met a lot of good friends here. And frankly the joy of my crossie was amplified by that fellowship. As you and I have experienced ,our relationship is strong because it is about more than an orphaned footnote of automobile curiosity. I miss those discussions.

Some here can contribute a wealth of knowledge about cars in general, some about this novel little bit of maddeningly fragile technology nobody wants to work on in particular. And some of us have knowledge and interest in other things which we would love to share and contribute with our un common Crossie friends.
When I can I'll dump my little bit of know how about the crossfire. But if limited to that.,most of the good useful stuff is on the shoulders of a few gearheads like 180, Boilerup,Woody and Oledoc2U. If guys like that sell their cars or go, what cha got?

So, like me,many of the old crowd may lurk about from time to time, and even chime in if we can contribute. But the old fire ,the original excitement, is limited. Much like driving a highpowered car with a speed governor at 55MPH. It just ain't that interesting.

I don't care about me, I have a fine forum for what I wish to discuss.

But, if you all want this thing to survive,the new owners should think about broadening the subject matter.Because we can only argue about synthetic oil and using lower octane gasoline just so many times.

Perhaps a subforum on quilting will get past the Mods.

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 11-14-2012 at 11:37 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
Don't know about that Frank...lol

Old 11-14-2012, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY
Don't know about that Frank...lol

Perhaps you are right Gary I've seen those ladies get into quite a snit!

Old 11-14-2012, 11:01 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by lildaddym
I have to say I would hate to see it go...too much valuable information...even if we can't discuss politics...
For the newbies that's a non-issue . And honestly, .org isn't going anywhere.

This thread is basically what happens when Canadians get bored. (Love ya Dave!)

Old 11-14-2012, 11:01 PM

Perhaps you are right
Gary I've seen those ladies get into quite a snit!
Frank,
I'm just glad to see that you haven't completely turned your back on us here

Old 11-14-2012, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by JHM2K
For the newbies that's a non-issue . And honestly, .org isn't going anywhere.

This thread is basically what happens when Canadians get bored. (Love ya Dave!)
Now that there is true.....and also funny John !!!...LOL

Old 11-14-2012, 11:04 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Well said John.

I'm here from time to time. And yes the Forum does facilitate GTG and meets. But so does Facebook.
But there is little of interest anymore. Because,as you stated, the damn car is old. Unfortunately not classic old.

I get on another forum where if you wish to engage in politics you must agree not to b!tch about it. Out side of Politics it has about 30 other subject catagories.The mods are tougher thanhere but they are fair with everybody. So the nonsense that happened here is never allowed to get started.

That is all it takes.

But I digress,

I met a lot of good friends here. And frankly the joy of my crossie was amplified by that fellowship. As you and I have experienced ,our relationship is strong because it is about more than an orphaned footnote of automobile curiosity. I miss those discussions.

Some here can contribute a wealth of knowledge about cars in general, some about this novel little bit of maddeningly fragile technology nobody wants to work on in particular. And some of us have knowledge and interest in other things which we would love to share and contribute with our un common Crossie friends.
When I can I'll dump my little bit of know how about the crossfire but if limited to that.,most of the good useful stuff is on the shoulders of a few gearheads like 180, Boilerup,Woody and Oledoc2U. If uys like that sell their cars or go, what cha got?

So, like me,many of the old crowd may lurk about from time to time, and even chime in if we can contribute. Buit the old fire ,the original excitement is limited. Much like driving a highpowered car with a speed governor at 55MPH. It just ain't that interesting.

I don't care about me, I have a fine forum for what I wish to discuss.

But, if you all want this thing to survive,the new owners should think about broadening the subject matter.Because we can only argue about synthetic oil and using lower octane gasoline just so many times.

I've missed you.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:30 PM

[QUOTE=VALKRYDERGUY;708380]Frank,
I'm just glad to see that you haven't completely turned your back on us here [/QUOTE

Not my style gary. I did miss the gathering at Fontana this fall with great sadness.
Not over the forum but other issues in life.

I'll be their this spring and hopefully, next fall.

But selfish as it may sound, though I do check in several times a day,,,,I find little of subjective interest on the New CROSSFIREFORUM.ORG.

Check the post counts and the active participation rates. I am not alone in this.

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 11-14-2012 at 11:34 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:37 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Guys.....GUYS....Geez, you're starting to sound like it's December 22nd. already.
I thinks it's time for another "sleep over".

Old 11-14-2012, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by +fireamx
Guys.....GUYS....Geez, you're starting to sound like it's December 22nd. already.
I thinks it's time for another "sleep over".
I'm up for it.

If you promise not to "pants ME" I'll sing one chorus of Kumbya

But in the morning,,,, this Forum will still be shrinking.

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 11-14-2012 at 11:44 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:34 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Been around and on this site since befor there was a Crossfire Club??Donot post very offten, But read it every day. Have gained a lot of info about the car. Have met and partied with a lot of fellow Crossfire lovers. I have been to several GTGs. and enjoyed myself. I donot regret one miniute of the time I have spent on the Forum or with the people I have had contact with. As other members have stated the cars are getting older and so are the Members. I am here for as long as I am able to keep driving and I have been doing that for a long time. Looking forward to 2013 to see where I can go to meet other dedicated Crossfire owners and just enjoy. So just because there is nothing on this site that you enjoy today, Just drop by tommorow or next day ,You might be surprized what you may find. Goodby for now from a older Forum reader. Lorne

Old 11-15-2012, 08:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This Forum is slow due to the simple element of so few cars. I have made few local connections. I did buy two of my cars through this forum. I just acquired new luggage through it. I have been here since 06 and I stay. I still inject a political comment. As this one "the Internet has set man free. It elected Obama again. Gary

Old 11-15-2012, 12:59 PM

I'm going to be around...

Quick Reply: Is .org dying a slow death?