Interior Any questions or information related to interior go in here.

Here’s my simple cup-holder solution.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Here’s my simple cup-holder solution.

After my almost ex-wife spilled Dr Pepper all over mine XF I solved the cup holder problem with out drilling or anything!
NO DRINKS ALLOWED IN MY CAR !!
Problem solved......

My name is PAULW and I approved this message !! I ain't Kiddin neather!

Old 02-23-2009, 05:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK PaulW,

Good Idea, after 42 years I will get rid of My wife. But, can I stll keep the cup holders?

Cisa

Old 02-24-2009, 06:17 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cisa
OK PaulW,

Good Idea, after 42 years I will get rid of My wife. But, can I stll keep the cup holders?

Cisa
Yeah, Just don't put anything in em!

By the way I did say "almost ex-wife". I did decide to keep her, after 34 years I thought well I'll give her one more chance. LOL

Old 04-11-2009, 05:49 PM
Forum Regular

billangieb... this is by far the best solution for a cup holder (well... my opinion anyway). I have been searching for this one and can't find it anywhere. Could you please tell me where you got yours from?

Thanks so much

Old 04-11-2009, 06:10 PM

Most any Marine supply, West Marine and the like should carry them. I've even seen them in Walmart in the boating section.

Old 04-12-2009, 12:14 PM

We bought ours at a RV dealer.

Old 04-12-2009, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by KimPossible
I just don't drink anything in the car that doesn't have a screw on top. Keeps me from stressing out! I do drink coffee some mornings, but I just hold that in my hand - I LOVE the automatic!!!

yeah kim what about your fruit loops lol

Old 04-12-2009, 07:35 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fired UP
My solution...
I installed this yesterday (see pics).

I will put another in front of this one tomorrow.
2 drinks in the car at one time....the wife likes that.

Positives:
1. out of the way location, nicely tucked back between the seats.
2. can use tall mugs
3. no spillage on the console, door or seats. (if spillage, its confined to the storage box.
4. installation takes 5 minutes.
5. When not in use, close the hatch and it is hidden.

Negatives:
1. less room in the storage box.
(I use the glove box for glasses and other stuff.
I still keep a small flashlight, tire pressure gage and other misc stuff inside the storage box, it all fits just fine)

Hope this helps....

Hey

That's a really nice set up!
Where did you get those cup holders?

Old 04-13-2009, 09:43 AM

Hi,
Just bought my xfire Saturday. I always have a can of diet coke or bottle of water in the car, so I have to deal with the silly cup holder. I took a very heay stainless steel circle mold (used to make molded food) and put it in the cup holder. It's about 2 inches tall so there is support around the cup. It's slightly wider than the cup or can, so it's really easy to get the drink in and out. It's wedged in quite tight so it shouldn't pop out.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mad_Med05X
Hey

That's a really nice set up!
Where did you get those cup holders?
Hey Mad_Med...

They are from BELL.
Any Kragen or Pep boys should have them, just a few bucks each.
Glad you like my solution.

Old 04-13-2009, 05:02 PM
Received 535 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by PAULW
After my almost ex-wife spilled Dr Pepper all over mine XF I solved the cup holder problem with out drilling or anything!
NO DRINKS ALLOWED IN MY CAR !!
Problem solved......

My name is PAULW and I approved this message !! I ain't Kiddin neather!
I'm with you, PaulW. I strongly believe that when one gets behind the wheel of a car, the primary purpose & focus should be driving the car with awareness of the various happenings that are going on around you. IMHO, cars today provide nearly all the amenities we have at home. Places for drinks, plugging in the iPod, bluetooth technology, USB drive ports, DVD screens, I could go on & on. And cell phones are probably the worst as often times I see folks "dial-up" before starting and/or buckling up after they enter a car. It's probably a fairly common occurrence for me to see someone run a red light or stop sign around town with a cell phone glued to their ear. Too many folks are doing everything in a car except concentrating on driving the car. And all for a 40-60 minute average daily commute for most.

The Crossfire's flimsy cup holder in the console is useless and that's okay with me. These cars were made to drive spiritedly; that's my story & I'm sticking to it!

Now don't everyone go off on me for my position above. If you want to drive and drink (so to speak), go right ahead. Just don't ask me to ride along!

Last edited by dedwards0323; 04-13-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:51 PM
Forum Regular

oops logged in under husbands screenname

Last edited by 007_MI6; 04-13-2009 at 08:54 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:56 PM

Wow, so that thing that Mr. 007 told me that "Per the manufacturer, only clear, non carbonated beverages are allowed inside the cabin of the vehicle"... that was all false?? You really CAN have beverages in the Crossfire?!

Old 04-14-2009, 06:11 PM
She can ride with me ;)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL. My buddies know how I am about my SRT. They ask if drinks are allowed in it. I tell them that they are allowed to have a drink in my car as long as they agree to the terms. The terms are that if they spill the drink they are no longer my friend, they will no longer be allowed to ride in my car (with or without a drink), and that they will be paying a ridiculously high price to have my interior customized (to replace the drink damaged areas). The funny part is that they know I'm serious.

Old 04-14-2009, 07:35 PM

i have never had any go bad with mine i dont bump it or anything its great for me

Old 04-15-2009, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by cisa
The UGLY: My cup holder solution is one that you will love or hate. I think most Crossfire owners will hate it.
I like those Fischer folding cupholders. They catch spills and fold away for space efficiency. I would put one in the center console storage area.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:35 PM

In case people are still interested in cup holder options I just installed a very nice cupholder from
BMW Cup Holders, Porsche Cup Holders, Ultimate Cup Holder - Cupholders / Drink Holders for BMW 3 5 7 Series, Boxster 911 Z4 Mercedes Audi NSX other fine cars. (its the folding one at the bottom of their web site). It fits either on the side of the center console (as shown in some of the pictures) or inside the center console storage area. It fits perfect either way and appears to be very well built. Since it folds up, I put ours inside the storage box and it looks like it was made to be there! This is the way I have seen them on the Nissan Z cars also.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:54 AM
She can ride with me ;)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That looks like a nice solution, Roscoe. I'm curious how it stays in place though. I didn't see the fastening mechanism...

I'd love to see a pic of your install, as I'm having a hard time visualizing where you put it and how its attached.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by tom2112
That looks like a nice solution, Roscoe. I'm curious how it stays in place though. I didn't see the fastening mechanism...

I'd love to see a pic of your install, as I'm having a hard time visualizing where you put it and how its attached.
I will try to get a pic this weekend. I installed with 4 screws that came with it but you could also use some black thread and sew velcro to the carpet or bottom of the center console.
Roscoe

Old 08-08-2009, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Roscoe
I will try to get a pic this weekend. I installed with 4 screws that came with it but you could also use some black thread and sew velcro to the carpet or bottom of the center console.
Roscoe
Well I took some pictures of my installation and they are on my computer (JPEG files) but for some reason I cannot paste them in here.

Sorry
[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Here’s my simple cup-holder solution.