Interior Any questions or information related to interior go in here.

Opinions on covers for leather seats?

Old 12-20-2010, 07:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on covers for leather seats?

I am getting close to buying a roadster. One thing that I said that I definitely do NOT want is dark slate gray leather seats, because they would get really hot here in Florida and I also don't like the way they look. My problem is that I have found what appears to be a really good deal on a car with gray seats. I would be happy to just put some kind of seat covers on them, but don't have any experience with purchasing covers. Does anyone have a set of covers that have worked out well for them?

I was looking at the Wet Okole covers Custom Wet Okole Seat Covers online. The photos look good, and they get good reviews. Any comments on these? Any other suggstions are welcome.

Old 12-20-2010, 11:15 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Opinions on covers for leather seats?

Though I think you should not put seat covers over leather seats, I can understand your reasoning. The ones you have picked out are very expensive and I'm sure you will be quite satisfied with those if your willing to fork over the cash. Personally I would never pay that much for seat covers and the only experience I have with them are the ones from AutoZone. I'm sure I'm way out of your league but I can offer a tip. I'm sure you have a custom shop somewhere nearby you where you can just have the leather seats redone in a different color. Not sure of prices near you but I asked around here in Indiana just out of curiousty and I got quoted for both seats at about $800.

Old 12-20-2010, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Cody M
Though I think you should not put seat covers over leather seats, I can understand your reasoning. The ones you have picked out are very expensive and I'm sure you will be quite satisfied with those if your willing to fork over the cash. Personally I would never pay that much for seat covers and the only experience I have with them are the ones from AutoZone. I'm sure I'm way out of your league but I can offer a tip. I'm sure you have a custom shop somewhere nearby you where you can just have the leather seats redone in a different color. Not sure of prices near you but I asked around here in Indiana just out of curiousty and I got quoted for both seats at about $800.
Actually,
i have thought about the possibility of re-covering the seats in a lighter color. If I can negotiate an even better price on the car, I might do that.

Old 12-20-2010, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by CharlieO
Actually,
i have thought about the possibility of re-covering the seats in a lighter color. If I can negotiate an even better price on the car, I might do that.
Every now and then you can find a nice set of seats on Ebay then just swap them out

Old 12-20-2010, 12:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

leather no matter what color (mine are alpaca and anthracite) is hot in the summer. no way around it. the only option other than cloth seats would be a set of alcantra seats from a srt-6.
what i do with mine is i bought 2 huge beach towels. toss em in the trunk. when you park with the top down toss the towels over the seats and it helps. other than that its a trade off for having beautiful seats

Old 12-20-2010, 01:34 PM
Banned

Personally, I would simply opt not to park in the hot sun with the top down. Why cook your nice leather seats?

Old 12-20-2010, 03:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by awilson40
Every now and then you can find a nice set of seats on Ebay then just swap them out
Swap them out to what, the other OEM colors would either look incredibly silly or be just as dark.

The SRT seats are not an option either as they are several shades darker than the limited grey.

Old 12-20-2010, 04:22 PM

I use wood bead seat pads. A technology from the thirties.Now to find some. Where is JC Whitney when you need em. Gary Amazon has em.http://www.amazon.com/Comfort-Bead-W.../dp/B000EEU0IO

Last edited by arado; 12-20-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Kane
Personally, I would simply opt not to park in the hot sun with the top down. Why cook your nice leather seats?
Ummm...Have you ever been to Florida??? Top up, top down, doesn't make much difference.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:20 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just find some "vanilla" seats out of another Crossfire roadster. LKQ comes to mind.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by +fireamx
Just find some "vanilla" seats out of another Crossfire roadster. LKQ comes to mind.
I don't think that vanilla would look good with the two-tone grey dash and door panels. The two-tone gray seats would look better.

I think that I like the idea of seat covers. I used beach towels on the dark blue seats of my Sebring Limited convertible, and that's not a very good solution.