CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Interior (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/interior/)
-   -   A splash of Cedar, a dash of Slate (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/interior/54157-splash-cedar-dash-slate.html)

Thirteendog 01-22-2012 04:56 PM

Re: A splash of Cedar, a dash of Slate

Originally Posted by JHM2K
Gotta be seen in person to fully appreciate.

This setup is not at all unlike my Mandrus wheels... looks stunning in person, but there is no camera angle that gives it proper justice.

Next time you're down, I'll let you take it for a spin if you'll keep it under 170 :cool:

You know me John, 170 is my cruising speed :)

JHM2K 01-22-2012 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
You know me John, 170 is my cruising speed :)

That's why I keep you around, chap

grip grip 01-22-2012 08:46 PM

Looks very good, John. Just enough without being too much. :)

RMADERMAN 01-22-2012 10:31 PM

I like it. Ashley's black SRT has the cedar interior less the steering wheel and dash area on drivers side. She kept the SRT Seats.

I have the cedar steering wheel and airbag, but have not put it in.

It looks great.:cool:

+fireamx 01-23-2012 12:16 AM

John it looks really nice, it fits your car like a glove. You really made it your own.
I guess I like the Cedar/Slate interior (just the way it comes from the factory) because it remindes me of the interiors from the 60's. I know it dates me, but I was an impressionable teen back then and it stuck with me.:)

dedwards0323 01-23-2012 07:35 AM

Really a nice looking alternative version of the Cedar/Slate Gray combo. Car interior is definitely a looker now. Very nice job!!! :) :) :)

autumnmass 01-23-2012 08:31 AM

Looks awesome, nice job!

caddymike85 01-23-2012 08:38 AM

You've gone and made me jealous again. It looks great, I love the break-up of the colors and the tweeter surrounds in the door look much better than the stock cedar. Can't say I'm a big fan of the steering wheel combination though, I'd say go one way or another. Either way, congrats, it looks great.

JHM2K 01-23-2012 10:11 AM

Thanks everyone!

Still 50/50 on the steering wheel... the red "ring" is staying no matter what, I'm simply considering painting the back-portion Slate to visually slim it down. But, I'll sleep on it. Painting the rear would make the red ring seemingly "hover" in relation to the dash... at least the current config confirms to your eye where the red is beginning/ending.

I visited my parents last night, and told them about the swap. They were skeptical, and I took them out and showed them... they gave it the big thumbs-up. Mom raved over it, said it looked like an exotic car. ;)

First thing dad said was:

"Reminds me of cars back in my day. We had accented seats and door panels, but the dash was always black -- end of story"

Sounds like something Steve said, verbatim. :p

Dad loved this interior more than the all-red version, though he noted the red somehow worked with the Alabaster because it was an equally bright/bold color. With the subdued tones of the Graphite Metallic, he said an explosion of red would overwhelm. I would have to agree.

Unanimously, we were all happy to get rid of the worn driver's seat. Mom said that was the first thing her eye was drawn to when I opened the door. My Cedar seats had 60,000 miles on them when they were removed from my last coupe, and they were essentially perfect -- none of the slate worn from the leather on the LH lumbar bolster. The SRT seat, on the other hand, was worn as if the guy's jeans were made of sandpaper. Not blaming the previous owner -- working in the service parts segment of Nissan, I see this all the time; the supplier used at the production cycle can make or break a part's life-cycle.

The SRT seat could easily be re-dyed and it would look great again, but I personally didn't like the Alcantara. Looks fantastic, but hated the feel and the lack of leather scent.

Sorry for the novel, guys. I appreciate all the positive feedback!

magredvet 01-23-2012 11:37 AM

Looks cool ! :cool:
Now just let me know when you want to unload that 'nasty' lookin' slate steering wheel :D

JHM2K 01-23-2012 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by magredvet
Looks cool ! :cool:
Now just let me know when you want to unload that 'nasty' lookin' slate steering wheel :D

It's a lovely wheel, I was just missing my Startech one LOL :cool:

I have it sitting on my counter, cleaned and ready to ship. I can get it shipped out tomorrow for you, should arrive in 2-3 days.

Mike1118 01-23-2012 12:12 PM

The car looks great, you guys done good!

magredvet 01-23-2012 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by JHM2K
It's a lovely wheel, I was just missing my Startech one LOL :cool:

I have it sitting on my counter, cleaned and ready to ship. I can get it shipped out tomorrow for you, should arrive in 2-3 days.

Sounds good ..........is Paypal Ok ?
If so shoot me your e-mail in a PM and I'll get you paid ...........thanks again !

JHM2K 01-23-2012 12:45 PM

PM sent :cool:

JHM2K 01-23-2012 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mike1118
The car looks great, you guys done good!

Thanks man!

So, apparently red is a fickle color on computer monitors...

At work, the pics look MUCH more true-to-life... the red is a subdued "brick red/Georgia red clay" in person, with a satin sheen to it... at home, the red in the photos appears to be much more vivid.

So, if the red wheel appears a bit garish on your monitor, knock the contrast down a bit and that brings it closer to what it really is.

Or, wait till you see it in person at the Fall 2012 Dragon. :cool:

noles 01-23-2012 07:26 PM

Looks great! I wish we had the option of getting the SRT's with different interiors...The grey is ok but I had a Limited Roadster that had Cedar and I miss it...

dtinker 01-23-2012 08:30 PM

Magredvet & Noles;
How are you guys, I haven't seen either of you in a long time. Sounds like your both busy making changes.

InfernoRedXfire 01-23-2012 10:15 PM

Great job John! I'm glad to see you make that SRT-6 your own. I look forward to seeing the finished product. OK, it will never be finished. hahaha! ;)

Mike-in-Orange 01-23-2012 10:53 PM

Gorgeous. Simply gorgeous.

Franc Rauscher 01-23-2012 11:06 PM

John,

Just now got to see it. Those seats look far better in your SRT than any thing I could have put them in.

Absolutely beautiful.

franc