Interior Any questions or information related to interior go in here.

Suicide knob

Old 10-05-2015, 11:40 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Suicide ****

I just got a nice spinner **** for my steering wheel and was curious if any one has used one in the past? Is there a learning curve?

Old 10-06-2015, 09:59 AM
Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Re: Suicide ****

Only for what to do with your other hand.

Old 10-06-2015, 10:24 AM
Received 510 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Padgett
Only for what to do with your other hand.

In the best of cases, it should be grasping the shift **** and coordinating with your left foot on the clutch!

[ QUOTE=JEFASOLD] I just got a nice spinner **** for my steering wheel and was curious if any one has used one in the past? Is there a learning curve?[QUOTE]

The hard trick is learning how to miss your elbow driving fast and making turns in the tight quarters of a small sports car.
Question, Did your power steering quit? Why do you need a wheel ****?

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 10-06-2015 at 10:31 AM.
Old 10-07-2015, 12:39 AM

[QUOTE=Franc Rauscher;849653]In the best of cases, it should be grasping the shift **** and coordinating with your left foot on the clutch!

[ QUOTE=JEFASOLD] I just got a nice spinner **** for my steering wheel and was curious if any one has used one in the past? Is there a learning curve?

The hard trick is learning how to miss your elbow driving fast and making turns in the tight quarters of a small sports car.
Question, Did your power steering quit? Why do you need a wheel ****?

Well, unfortunately, I had a stroke 6 weeks ago and my left arm and hand are still pretty much useless, they're just starting to gain some movement. So, I hope the need for the spinner is not a permanent one. I know that they're illegal in Pa. except in case of handicap, which I am now considered, some would argue that this was always the case. LOL

Old 10-07-2015, 06:50 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've never used one, but just curious, where in PA?

Old 10-07-2015, 07:45 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

I looked it up, and what I found is that they are legal in ALL states.
I have one, but on my Sears riding mower, makes all the difference in the world there !

Old 10-07-2015, 11:47 AM
Received 510 Likes on 352 Posts

[QUOTE=JEFASOLD;849713]
Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
In the best of cases, it should be grasping the shift **** and coordinating with your left foot on the clutch!

[ QUOTE=JEFASOLD] I just got a nice spinner **** for my steering wheel and was curious if any one has used one in the past? Is there a learning curve?

Well, unfortunately, I had a stroke 6 weeks ago and my left arm and hand are still pretty much useless, they're just starting to gain some movement. So, I hope the need for the spinner is not a permanent one. I know that they're illegal in Pa. except in case of handicap, which I am now considered, some would argue that this was always the case. LOL

So sorry to hear that. I do hope use returns to your left side. Aside from driving, it is hard to hug pretty women with one arm. You have to put down your drink first.

Old 10-07-2015, 03:23 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Reminds me of my dad showing me how to drive a column shift 3 speed manual with your left hand only, because your right arm was supposed to be around your woman sitting next to you on the bench seat. As for your medical condition. I hope it improves as well. I have had a couple relatives with strokes, and further injured their affected arm/hand due to lack of feeling when they were hurting it with power tools. Please be careful!

Old 10-08-2015, 12:33 AM

Thanks for the concern, I appreciate it. This is my second stroke, the first was in 2007 and I recovered about 99%. No hugging right now, have to concentrate on driving. I should pretty much recover, I'm starting to get some use back now, I can use my left hand to turn on my turn signals and lights, there just isn't much strength yet. A few weeks working with weights and a bench will help but it takes a lot of work. They say whatever you get back isn't affected by what you do but I'm here to tell you, they're full of it, the harder you work the better things get! Also, while I didn't check Pa's law, the site I purchased the **** said they were illegal in several states, except for the handicapped. I am in Danville, mid-eastern Pa on Rte 80.