Interior Any questions or information related to interior go in here.

J-F-Customs Leather kit

Old 04-30-2017, 12:47 AM
Forum Regular
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default J-F-Customs Leather kit

Ok Crossfire addicts, J-F-Customs have sold a bunch of these leather interior bits on ebay .
where are all the pics ? ?
I know what a fiddle they can be to fit but lets see 'em
Anyway here is mine , it is not **** perfect but it does take the interior Up a few notches, in a sorta 60s -70s/ sports/ muscle car way and.. it feels and Smells great .

Last edited by daveesrt6; 04-30-2017 at 01:01 AM.
The following users liked this post:
MAYAman (04-19-2022)
Old 04-30-2017, 01:02 AM
Default Re: J-F-Customs Leather kit

Definitely a better finish than the OEM rubberized plastic. I dig it man.

One thing I've always wanted to see someone do is remove the dash, and have it covered in Alcantara with contrast stitching. Not cheap, but would be a killer look.

Old 04-30-2017, 01:16 AM
Forum Regular

Thanks ! :-) Yes very happy to be rid of the "paint" , i thought about covering the dash too but i think the sun here would kill it and then there is the airbag too ...

Last edited by daveesrt6; 11-22-2017 at 04:46 AM.
MAYAman (04-19-2022)
Old 04-30-2017, 12:11 PM

Love that steering wheel as well. I will be purchasing the exact item for mine, but I might ask the folks at Meinlenkrad if they can do a centering stripe in red leather at the 12:00 position.

Fantastic car brother

Old 04-30-2017, 11:37 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JHM2K
Love that steering wheel as well. I will be purchasing the exact item for mine, but I might ask the folks at Meinlenkrad if they can do a centering stripe in red leather at the 12:00 position.

Fantastic car brother

It sure is , thats funny i asked Meinlenkrad for a white center line on mine but it must have got lost in translation and didnt happen .

Old 05-01-2017, 12:45 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by daveesrt6
Ok Crossfire addicts, J-F-Customs have sold a bunch of these leather interior bits on ebay .
where are all the pics ? ?
I know what a fiddle they can be to fit but lets see 'em
Anyway here is mine , it is not **** perfect but it does take the interior Up a few notches, in a sorta 60s -70s/ sports/ muscle car way and.. it feels and Smells great .
I checked into the J F Customs EBay shop for the leather wrap door handles. They clearly state this as a Coupe only item. That doesn't make sense to me. Aren't the door handles common to all Crossfires? Since my driver handle is splitting in back, and I risk slicing my fingers if not careful, this looks a great alternative to scrounging for a left side inner door handle.

Am I safe ordering a set?

Old 05-01-2017, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by markr6754
Yes, door handles are common across all models.

Old 05-01-2017, 12:53 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JHM2K
Yes, door handles are common across all models.
Thanks. I don't know why they would want to cut Roadster buyers out of their shop, but as I don't own a Coupe, I wouldn't ignore the manufacturers warning without Forum blessing.

Old 05-01-2017, 01:02 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by markr6754
I checked into the J F Customs EBay shop for the leather wrap door handles. They clearly state this as a Coupe only item. That doesn't make sense to me. Aren't the door handles common to all Crossfires? Since my driver handle is splitting in back, and I risk slicing my fingers if not careful, this looks a great alternative to scrounging for a left side inner door handle.

Yes you are ,they are the same.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:27 PM

I LOVE how this looks. Am so tired of touching up the paint on the interior of my Crossfire! Just a few questions---was it difficult to install??? What adhesive was used? Are there any tips/suggestions that you have? I have the medium slate gray interior with the alabaster exterior and I think that the black stitched leather would upgrade the interior immensely. Thank you for any insights:suggestions!

Old 08-11-2017, 08:09 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by keri0329
I LOVE how this looks. Am so tired of touching up the paint on the interior of my Crossfire! Just a few questions---was it difficult to install??? What adhesive was used? Are there any tips/suggestions that you have? I have the medium slate gray interior with the alabaster exterior and I think that the black stitched leather would upgrade the interior immensely. Thank you for any insights:suggestions!
It is not difficult just fiddly, you have to remove the centre consol , the glovebox and the lower drivers side dash and end pieces around the air vents. use spray contact glue and make Sure the Stitching lines up straight , following the lines on the trim , you want each piece to line up with the next one or it will look naff. I started with the centre consol but you can start anywhere .
It was my first time working with leather allthough i have covered a few subwoofer boxes in my time but they were all carpet or vinyl and didnt have white stitching to line up.
Leather is nice to work with tho,it Stretches quite well and if you get a piece on wrong you can peel it off and do it again... if you are fast.
I got a little creative with the top edges on the glovebox etc ,i cut strips of spare leather and used those to 'pad' out the edges, it looks better than just being flat imo
If i were doing it again i would cut out 'SRT ' or XF and lay those letters under the leather on the glovebox, , it be very cool .
Anyways take your time , dont expect to have it all done in a weekend ,slow an careful does it . spray contact adhesive, a chalk marker pen, a sharp knife , pair of sharp scissors and, a few of those chinese plastic trim removal tools they sell on febay. these are good for pushing the leather into place . a hairdryer and another pair of hands is a help too !
Go for it , it was actually fun and very rewarding too, people think it came that way ,thats cool with me.
Good luck and tell us how you go.

Last edited by daveesrt6; 08-12-2017 at 06:42 AM. Reason: more
MAYAman (04-19-2022)
Old 08-14-2017, 11:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you glue all of this leather trim down to your OEM interior? How easily does this stuff fall off? Did you do this by yourself or have a shop do it for you? Will this ruin the OEM interior parts?

MAYAman (04-19-2022)
Old 08-15-2017, 01:44 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by theodore.garland
Did you glue all of this leather trim down to your OEM interior? How easily does this stuff fall off? Did you do this by yourself or have a shop do it for you? Will this ruin the OEM interior parts?
? No i did it at home myself , see my posts.
the leather has not fallen off anywhere, i used spray contact glue , cant remember the brand.
it wont " ruin" the parts , but if you tore the leather off you can expect to have to clean up the glue left on after.
You would have to repaint the parts too after that .
Do it right and you wont ever want to tear it off .
Remember you can lift and adjust the leathers position on the trim pieces as you fit , but think ahead where the next piece should lay, as i said before you must get the seams flat and the stitching to all lineup ok.
Its not that hard to do .

Last edited by daveesrt6; 08-15-2017 at 03:19 AM. Reason: cleanup
Old 08-15-2017, 08:07 PM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This looks great. I can't remember if JF Customs made the leather e-brake boot I purchased on eBay earlier this year. Unfortunately it didn't fit - it was too small, even after heating the leather up, letting it sit on the end of the e-brake handle for a while to help stretch it out, etc.

*Edit - I just checked, same company. Maybe I just got a faulty e-brake cover. I never bothered to contact them back since it wasn't very expensive. It ended up ripping after my numerous attempts to get it to slide over the e-brake handle. But wow, they sell a lot of leather stuff for our interior. Good to know for future.

Last edited by HOT FIYA; 08-15-2017 at 08:12 PM.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:24 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HOT FIYA
This looks great. I can't remember if JF Customs made the leather e-brake boot I purchased on eBay earlier this year. Unfortunately it didn't fit - it was too small, even after heating the leather up, letting it sit on the end of the e-brake handle for a while to help stretch it out, etc.

*Edit - I just checked, same company. Maybe I just got a faulty e-brake cover. I never bothered to contact them back since it wasn't very expensive. It ended up ripping after my numerous attempts to get it to slide over the e-brake handle. But wow, they sell a lot of leather stuff for our interior. Good to know for future.
Yes the E brake cover was very tight but if you lube the handle before sliding the leather over it ,no problem,it fits well.

Old 08-15-2017, 08:54 PM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by daveesrt6
Yes the E brake cover was very tight but if you lube the handle before sliding the leather over it ,no problem,it fits well.

Believe me, I tried that. I tried everything under the sun - it just wasn't going on, lol.

Old 08-15-2017, 09:12 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HOT FIYA
Believe me, I tried that. I tried everything under the sun - it just wasn't going on, lol.
Oh i see ,thats not good , i would tell them and you may get another one .

Last edited by daveesrt6; 08-17-2017 at 06:32 AM.
Old 08-17-2017, 06:09 AM
Forum Regular

this one shows the other bits, leather trimmed .

Last edited by daveesrt6; 08-17-2017 at 08:57 PM.
MAYAman (04-19-2022)
Old 08-17-2017, 08:34 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice, it just adds to the Perfect SRT6. You should be very proud of it.

Old 08-17-2017, 10:03 AM
Forum Regular

Thanks ! the interior and exterior look of the car were My design, haha .

the mechanical mods i just learned here on the forum from the experts . and great they are too ,

" thePerfect SRT6" ? i dunno bout that , the competition is fierce ! . what i do have is a Very fast and reliable GT car that is a Hoot to drive . And its Unique ,

turns heads and strikes conversations up everywhere, people love it ! but i am sure you get that too, these beautiful cars are soo rare here in Oz.

Yes , I am Very proud of her :-)

Last edited by daveesrt6; 08-17-2017 at 09:01 PM. Reason: thinkin
MAYAman (04-19-2022)