Interior Any questions or information related to interior go in here.

Scratched Leather

Old 05-31-2017, 02:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scratched Leather

I am really upset with myself !!!!
My seats in my 2008 Roadster were immaculate, not a mark
I leaned into the car to get something out of the console with my hand resting on the headrest. My hand slipped and my watch clasp scratched the leather.
Has anyone ever had leather repair done by a professional? I am in Ontario Canada.

Old 06-01-2017, 01:27 PM
Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Re: Scratched Leather

Originally Posted by srbaker
I leaned into the car to get something out of the console with my hand resting on the headrest. My hand slipped and my watch clasp scratched the leather.
Has anyone ever had leather repair done by a professional? I am in Ontario Canada.
srbaker
The best thing to do is visit a high end dealership (Mercedes, BMW, etc.) and speak to the service manager to see what vendor they use for leather seat repairs. You may want to get at least 2 repair shops for comparison pricing.
Just my 2 cents....
Dennis
DTMenace

Old 06-02-2017, 08:28 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Is it in the dark grey area of the seat? Try rubbing some black shoe leather polish into the scratch and buff.

Old 06-02-2017, 11:13 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

There is a company called Leather World Technologies that sells a colorant that will match your interior. I use their cleaner, conditioner and colorant, in my case (dark grey) #7330, it's a perfect match. Look 'em up.

Old 06-02-2017, 08:19 PM

I got rid of the butt rub from the previous owner,matched perfectly, SEM 17373 dark slate gray in a spray can,if u have that color of interior,from R & E paint supply,$11.97 + shipping

Old 06-13-2017, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by JEFASOLD
There is a company called Leather World Technologies that sells a colorant that will match your interior. I use their cleaner, conditioner and colorant, in my case (dark grey) #7330, it's a perfect match. Look 'em up.
Thanks for the info. I have contacted a company called Fibrenew
Fibrenew Leather Repair, Plastic, Vinyl, Fabric Restoration

I want a quote and to see some of their work. I don't want the repair to look worse than the damage.
In someone else' eye it may seem minor but to me it looks like .... well it drives me nuts. It is more like four little pulls in the leather than a scratch. It's like I have eyes in the back of my head, I sense the damage every time I drive the car now (OCD much).

Anyway I will see what they say.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_7924.JPG (1.43 MB, 49 views)
Old 06-21-2017, 02:45 PM

I'm a leathercraftsman, I don't really do upholstery but I'm sure you can fix that pretty cheap hopefully they don't charge you some ridiculous amount

Old 12-20-2017, 12:18 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok, got a question to ask how do you repair the thread stitching that came apart on the driver seat at the top

Old 12-20-2017, 01:08 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by mariontr
Ok, got a question to ask how do you repair the thread stitching that came apart on the driver seat at the top
I avoid rubbing the back of the seat when I get into it, you can see the damage that is done by just looking at the frayed thread on the edge.
I think you will have to remove the seat cover to get the inside of the cover and using the correct thread and the existing holes sew it back together again. Secure the ends of the existing thread so it does not start coming undone, and overlap the old and new stitches to strengthen the repair.

Old 12-20-2017, 01:13 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks onehundred80, never a dull moment with this car

Old 12-30-2017, 07:30 AM
Received 531 Likes on 421 Posts

Once I'm faced with having to remove the seat cover to perform a repair, I leave that to a professional. Fortunately for me, I have a local upholstery shop (Bucket Stitch) in my locale that is excellent at all types of leather and/or upholstery work. Some of their custom work is absolutely gorgeous! Shop probably does more custom work (e.g., street rods) than anything else.

I had them redo the headliner in my 2007 Coupe earlier this year. I took the headliner out, they re-covered it, & I put the headliner back in. I was really scared about pulling the A-pillar trim off and took my car over to their shop. The owner came out & removed both trim pieces for me - no charge!!!