CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Midwest Forum (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/midwest-forum/)
-   -   Rescheduled Mich Thumb Run - Aug 26th or Sept 9th (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/midwest-forum/11766-rescheduled-mich-thumb-run-aug-26th-sept-9th.html)

harbor 09-04-2006 08:51 AM

Re: Rescheduled Mich Thumb Run - Aug 26th or Sept 9th

Mark - You're right...we'll have some fun, but not too much without you & Ingrid (How could we?). Let's just consider this a prelude to the Hocking Hills rendezvous.

Have a great vacation - you deserve it!

- H

X FIRE N 09-05-2006 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by harbor
OK Midwest/Ontario Crossfire drivers - Polish up you European road machines. The weather forecast for our Sept. 9th run calls for sunny & 80 degrees. :cool: Perfect for a drive along Lake Huron.

Here's my proposed agenda, open to input from all:

1) Meet at MI Roadster's "estate" around 10ish. I can meet the Canadian contingency at a TBD location and lead them up to 32 Mile & Rochester Road.

2) When we leave there, we'll call X FIRE N, who can leave Woodstock to meet us in Port Huron (It's a little over an hour to Sarnia from Woodstock I think). Our route will be Rochester Road to I-69 to Port Huron.

3) Meet in Port Huron and then drive up along scenic M-25. We can drop stuff off/rest break at the cottage on our way to Port Austin, or depending on time, we can just stop there for the BBQ and then proceed north. (Menu still being planned). One of my racquetball buddies keeps his boat at the marina in Harbor Beach, so if he's there on Saturday, maybe I can wrangle a ride for us.

So...we need to know who's coming, and your input into the plan.

Shoot FUZZ40 your RSVP, cell# and what type of Crossfire you have. Hopefully we'll get some more Blue ones this run. ;)

This sounds great to me, I have forwarded to Fuzz our info. :D

MI Roadster 09-05-2006 04:06 PM

That sounds good to me, but I am confused about where Harbor is meeting the Canadian's and bringing them to 32 Mile & Rochester? Where are you driving from, Harbor?
We drove a little on Labor Day to see where we could maybe meet people in Pt. Huron, and we went the Rochester Rd. route and then to M-21 instead of I-69. A much nicer route better pavement, even though it's just 2 lanes. Then from there you can get on M-25, just about 3-5 miles north of the bridge at Pt. Huron, there is a Walmart, or a Birchwood Mall parking lot maybe we could meet with the Canadians coming across from Sarnia? It took about 1 1/2 hours from our place to get there.

Something I forgot to say about our place, there is about 1/4 mile of dirt road to our driveway. It's in good shape right now, but if it's raining, (which I heard there was a 40% chance, Saturday) it may get muddy. We're still in, though, even if it rains!

BLUESRT6, are you still going??

fuzz 40 09-08-2006 09:14 PM

Little late to be posting, but are we still doing this meet? I don't have directions to the meeting spot yet and I was wondering if things where still a go.

X FIRE N 09-08-2006 09:27 PM

fuzz, How many rsvp did you receive.

fuzz 40 09-08-2006 09:54 PM

You MI roadster and Harbor. I hate to see it but I think we need to Rescheduled again, weather report says rain tomorrow all day long.

X FIRE N 09-08-2006 09:57 PM

You're right, let's.
Harbour I want to thank you for the offer and was looking forward to meeting MI Roadster.
Maybe we will get more that want to participate next time.

harbor 09-09-2006 08:15 AM

Mi Roadster & I were set to go rain or shine, but it looks like Fuzz & X Fire N are out. Rather than re-schedule, let's morph this into MarkR's Hocking Hills, Ohio suggestion later this month or in Oct.

MI Roadster 09-09-2006 08:52 AM

Thursday and Friday's weather were perfect for a roadtrip to the thumb. Now that it's cancelled, watch the sun come out! Sun is out here, but I'm sure it's just temporary. I thought the rain was just supposed to be intermittent today. No one takes their cars out in the rain?
Maybe we'll get lucky and have some good weather when the leaves start changing. We're in for a later run, for sure. Keep us posted!

crossfirefrank 09-10-2006 09:07 AM

If you make it on a sunny Sunday I'd consider attending the run. I work on Saturday.

RPM 03-03-2007 07:10 PM

Any plans on doing another thumb run in 2007?

harbor 03-04-2007 04:04 PM

Yep - I'll float some dates in a month or two to gauge interest, and we'll go from there. A weekend in early June would be perfect.

From Marshall, you could take 69 to Port Huron or come through Detroit on 94.

RPM 03-04-2007 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by harbor
Yep - I'll float some dates in a month or two to gauge interest, and we'll go from there. A weekend in early June would be perfect.

From Marshall, you could take 69 to Port Huron or come through Detroit on 94.

Harbor,
I live in Freeland (Midland/Bay City/Saginaw area). Marshall is my alma mater.

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what gets rolling.

Thanks.

RPM 04-13-2007 09:32 AM

^--- Bump ---^

Originally Posted by RPM
Any plans on doing another thumb run in 2007?

Maybe in late spring/early summer?

MI Roadster 08-30-2007 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by RPM
^--- Bump ---^

Maybe in late spring/early summer?

It's probably too close to the WDC right now. Maybe fall?

RPM 10-01-2007 09:21 AM

Ran the 'Thumb' yesterday. It was sort of an impromptu drive.
My wife and I have driven it before, in early summer and really liked it.
It was beautiful yesterday w/the leaves changing colors.
We need to get a bunch of people together and do this next Spring.

We went Route 25 from Bay City up through Bad Axe, then you can come down at Frankenmuth/Birch Run (I'm sure there are many other ways to go).

crossfirefrank 10-02-2007 04:23 AM

RPM - I'll be there just let me know the date.

RPM 10-02-2007 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by crossfirefrank
RPM - I'll be there just let me know the date.

Great. I'll see if we can't get a GTG going in the Spring.
I figure KcKey12 will join us, how about you Motown folks?
I took some pics of the car in front of the beach @ Lake Huron - I'll try to post them later on.

MI1XFIRE 10-02-2007 07:39 AM

RPM, you know you can count me in. :)

apkano 10-02-2007 09:25 AM

Work permitting...I'll be there!