CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Midwest Forum (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/midwest-forum/)
-   -   Rescheduled Mich Thumb Run - Aug 26th or Sept 9th (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/midwest-forum/11766-rescheduled-mich-thumb-run-aug-26th-sept-9th.html)

harbor 08-15-2006 07:51 PM

Rescheduled Sept 9th Mich Thumb Run

4 Attachment(s)
Mother Nature cannot stop this picturesque run through the east side of Michigan's Thumb! The wood cutters & tree guys are clearing the road & lot, and luckily, there was no damage to the cottage. So, let's reschedule the infamous Aug 5th or 6th Run/BBQ to one of the Saturdays before or after Labor Day. Same game plan as before, so give me your preferences on a date.

Also, I'll be boating with some friends this weekend in Mackinaw City, but if anyone's going to the "Cruise' on Saturday, stop by the Northwood Shopping Center on the SW corner of 13 & Woodward - The Chrysler guys will be there.

Sorry again for the late cancellation of the Aug 5th run.

ABlueSRT6 08-18-2006 12:14 PM

Re: Rescheduled Mich Thumb Run - Aug 26th or Sept 9th

I'm there, whenever you or the group want to run.

MI Roadster 08-18-2006 01:02 PM

In that last thumbnail there is a for sale sign in the rubble. Is that your cottage, and is it for sale?
Looks like a pretty big cottage.
We would like to join in too so long as our schedule permits! Sounds like fun!
I think we still had to figure out a starting point.
ABlueSRT6, If we go, maybe we can meet up somewhere on M-24. I see you live in Lake Orion, we're at 32 Mile and Rochester.

ABlueSRT6 08-18-2006 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by MI Roadster
In that last thumbnail there is a for sale sign in the rubble. Is that your cottage, and is it for sale?
Looks like a pretty big cottage.
We would like to join in too so long as our schedule permits! Sounds like fun!
I think we still had to figure out a starting point.
ABlueSRT6, If we go, maybe we can meet up somewhere on M-24. I see you live in Lake Orion, we're at 32 Mile and Rochester.

Sure thing. Let's do that! I'll probably have Fuzz with tailing along with us. We could meet anywhere to your liking. I'm off of Joslyn and Waldon, right by Canterberry.

harbor 08-20-2006 09:18 PM

The Private Messages are coming in and it's looking like Sept 9th is the date. Does that work for everyone else?

Markr6754 from Dayton cannot make either date due to other commitments, but suggests the winding roads of Hocking Hills in Ohio for a future run. (Oct. maybe? More to follow...)

I'm in Roch Hills about a mile off Rochester Road & Tienken. So I could meet our Canadian Crossfire Comrades and lead the charge north to meet MI Roadster, Fuzz 40 & ABlueSRT6.

Anyone else in?

fuzz 40 08-21-2006 09:11 PM

Just got back from florida and I am in for the Sept 9th. Don't be sorry about having to cancel. Nature happens and we all know it. Are we going to use the same meeting spot as last time or somewhere new this time? I am up for anyplace that will be nice for a photo op. Just let me know where and I will be there. I have been waiting for this since the last one. I have been working on the photo taking skills and filming for this meet.

http://photos-170.facebook.com/ip004...25170_9478.jpg

http://photos-173.facebook.com/ip004...25173_4141.jpg

andrew 08-21-2006 09:14 PM

fuzz... we need to hook you up with some rotex gold dust free pads. :D

i like the b&w pic!

fuzz 40 08-21-2006 09:19 PM

Yea I need to wash them but I was up north on a trip so I had to work with what I had. Thanks for the nice remark about the pic. Those right now are my two favorite pictures of my car. With the b&w being my favorite.

markr6754 08-21-2006 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by andrew
fuzz... we need to hook you up with some rotex gold dust free pads. :D

i like the b&w pic!

Fuzz...Go for it! I am a believer. Andrew installed my new Rotex Golds 2 weeks ago. After 450 miles, and some hard driving in Hocking Hills, Ohio, the wheels are still squeaky clean. I'm preparing to buy Rotex Golds for my 300M, when Ingrid okays the purchase. Probably September when there are 3 paydays.

ABlueSRT6 08-22-2006 08:27 PM

Man, andrew you got eyes of an eagle. You've got dirt radar!

Fuzz call me man! Lined up with a STi at the cruise, he didn't wanta run. Good thing anyway, the cops were out in force. Got to be safe. Haven't gotten a ticket in over 10 yrs. Need to keep it that way, although lately I'm pushing my luck.

X FIRE N 08-28-2006 04:29 PM

Brenda and I are in.

harbor 08-28-2006 07:35 PM

X Fire N -

Great ! Look forward to seeing you both again.

As the date approaches, we can firm up the meeting place/time, but if you're coming across the bridge from Sarnia, we could meet in PH (maybe at the Chrysler dealership by the Birchwood Mall).

Remember, we all have to look our best since FUZZ40 has some new video techniques.

See ya'

Harbor

fuzz 40 08-28-2006 08:13 PM

I got the new camera all ready to go. My brother and I are looking forward to another great time. For all of us in michigan we could again meet at the museum again. Most people know where it is and it should be to busy.

So if you are planning on attending please respond so we know how many to expect.

So far we have
Harbor
Myself
X fire N

Hope to see everyone soon!!!

MI Roadster 08-29-2006 06:42 PM

What route would you be taking from the Museum? I think that would be a big back track for us, we're at 32 Mile and Rochester Rd., a couple miles east of Addison Oaks Metro Park. We have 20 acres, could be a good place for photos with everybody driving all over the lawn. :p Rochester Rd. north of here heading to I-69 is very scenic, could that be a way to go instead of just highways?

Count my husband and I in!

harbor 08-29-2006 08:03 PM

MI - Glad to hear that you & Mr. MI Roadster are in. Look forward to meeting you.

Not a bad idea on the route: Roch Rd. to 32 - meet you and then proceed to I-69 to M-25 in Port Huron and then north to the tip of the thumb.

I've gone up Roch Rd to Lakeville many times in my former jet skiing days and agree that it is a great drive with nice scenery and many "twisties".

As mentioned in my earlier post, I'd be happy to meet the "southern" X-Fire owners at the museum and lead them up to your spot at 32 Mile. Fuzz40 & ABlueSRT6 are Lake Orion dwellers, so maybe we could all meet in your neck of the woods.

fuzz 40 08-29-2006 10:58 PM

It would make things easier for me so I am all for it. Then we would go collect MI roadster and head up to the thumb. My question is where will our canadian friends meet us at?

X FIRE N 08-31-2006 09:34 AM

We can meet in Port Huron then head up 25 together? :D

fuzz 40 09-01-2006 11:03 PM

Alright just 7 days and 1 hr until our meet. Do we have a final plan yet of what is going on yet?

harbor 09-03-2006 12:28 PM

OK Midwest/Ontario Crossfire drivers - Polish up you European road machines. The weather forecast for our Sept. 9th run calls for sunny & 80 degrees. :cool: Perfect for a drive along Lake Huron.

Here's my proposed agenda, open to input from all:

1) Meet at MI Roadster's "estate" around 10ish. I can meet the Canadian contingency at a TBD location and lead them up to 32 Mile & Rochester Road.

2) When we leave there, we'll call X FIRE N, who can leave Woodstock to meet us in Port Huron (It's a little over an hour to Sarnia from Woodstock I think). Our route will be Rochester Road to I-69 to Port Huron.

3) Meet in Port Huron and then drive up along scenic M-25. We can drop stuff off/rest break at the cottage on our way to Port Austin, or depending on time, we can just stop there for the BBQ and then proceed north. (Menu still being planned). One of my racquetball buddies keeps his boat at the marina in Harbor Beach, so if he's there on Saturday, maybe I can wrangle a ride for us.

So...we need to know who's coming, and your input into the plan.

Shoot FUZZ40 your RSVP, cell# and what type of Crossfire you have. Hopefully we'll get some more Blue ones this run. ;)

markr6754 09-03-2006 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by harbor
OK Midwest/Ontario Crossfire drivers - Polish up you European road machines. The weather forecast for our Sept. 9th run calls for sunny & 80 degrees. :cool: Perfect for a drive along Lake Huron.

Here's my proposed agenda, open to input from all:

1) Meet at MI Roadster's "estate" around 10ish. I can meet the Canadian contingency at a TBD location and lead them up to 32 Mile & Rochester Road.

2) When we leave there, we'll call X FIRE N, who can leave Woodstock to meet us in Port Huron (It's a little over an hour to Sarnia from Woodstock I think). Our route will be Rochester Road to I-69 to Port Huron.

3) Meet in Port Huron and then drive up along scenic M-25. We can drop stuff off/rest break at the cottage on our way to Port Austin, or depending on time, we can just stop there for the BBQ and then proceed north. (Menu still being planned). One of my racquetball buddies keeps his boat at the marina in Harbor Beach, so if he's there on Saturday, maybe I can wrangle a ride for us.

So...we need to know who's coming, and your input into the plan.

Shoot FUZZ40 your RSVP, cell# and what type of Crossfire you have. Hopefully we'll get some more Blue ones this run. ;)

Okay Harbor...just because we can't be there physically it's no reason to make it even more fun than the last time. Now there's a potential boat ride included. Come on. I'm going on vacation...that's supposed to be fun...but you're making me feel bad that I'm missing something better. The post needs to say "Okay Midwest/Canadian Crossfire owners, we're not going to have any fun but come anyway. It's hardly worth getting together without Mark and Ingrid, but we'll slog through it. And there's a boat somewhere on the water...we all know that lakes attract boats like good roads attract Crossfires. If you're hungry we'll forage for some grubs and berries, and if some meat is around we'll expose it to high temperatures, and maybe some sauce will fall on it.

In seriousness, have a great time. I'm glad the last vestiges of Ernesto will have passed and it looks to be perfect conditions for top-down driving. (Sorry, Coupe owners). We'll look forward to Fuzz's new production, and start the planning for the next run. Hocking Hills, Ohio is still a solid option. Enjoy.