Midwest Forum Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, SD, UT, WI, WY.

Ohio Valley Crossfires

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 10:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ohio Valley Crossfires

Here is an idea for a day trip! Indiana Wineries - Complete Indiana Winery Guide Looks like there are quite of few wineries in Indiana! Several in Southern Indiana between Evansville and Louisville. Maybe we could meet up with some of our fellow Crossfire owners around Louisville and have a wine sampling trip! I'm sure food would be involved also!

Old 05-07-2010, 08:26 AM

I'm going away over Memorial Day, but other than that, I'm open until June 22. I've tried a couple of the wineries around Madison, and I'll stick to SCotch! However, it's a great drive, and I'm ready for that.

naught

Old 05-23-2010, 08:00 PM
Forum Regular

Terry, Shirley, Brian, Tracey, Dennis: I really enjoyed are gathering at French Lick. It was a great day.

To all those from the Ohio Valley: I'm getting ready to put a shirt order in. I will be having white polos with racing checkerboard trim around the short sleeves and collar embroidered with the Ohio Valley Logo. I believe I can do these polos for $25.00.

Please let me know the size you want. I would be appreciative if you all could let me know by Wednesday. I know it is late and last minute, but I thought I would put this out for all of you to consider if you would like a polo.

Jane

Old 05-24-2010, 07:10 AM

[quote=Please let me know the size you want. I would be appreciative if you all could let me know by Wednesday. I know it is late and last minute, but I thought I would put this out for all of you to consider if you would like a polo.

Jane[/quote]

Had a great time. I need XL please.

Brian: Thanks for helping me with the top. I'm still not sure it's working correctly, because it alarmed a couple of times even after it went down and locked.

Dennis

Old 05-24-2010, 12:26 PM

Sorry we missed the fun at French Lick.

Jane, I will need an XL shirt.

Thanks
Bob Hill

Old 05-24-2010, 09:53 PM

I need XL please
Thanks John

Old 05-25-2010, 06:49 AM

For those of us that went to French Lick, I'm going to order another of the silk screened shirts from Micheal (in gray this time). If anyone wants one, let me know and I'll put your order in with mine.

naught

Old 05-29-2010, 03:00 PM
Default Re: Ohio Valley Crossfires-CAA trip

We are looking for anyone else who is leaving on Monday the 21st headed to CAA. It would be great if we could meet up somewhere and head in to St Louis together, probably along I-64 since that is the main east/west road.

We are open to route suggestions and departure times, so let's see if we can come up with a schedule.
Terry

Old 05-29-2010, 09:39 PM
Received 80 Likes on 63 Posts

Tammi and I are leaving Cincinnati at 8 on Monday morning. That will put us in Indy for a 9:30 / 9:45 breakfast. We are coming in from the East on 74, down and around 465, then 70 West. If anyone wants to meet up for a late breakfast, let me know where.

James

Old 06-01-2010, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by James1549
Tammi and I are leaving Cincinnati at 8 on Monday morning. That will put us in Indy for a 9:30 / 9:45 breakfast. We are coming in from the East on 74, down and around 465, then 70 West. If anyone wants to meet up for a late breakfast, let me know where.

James
Hey James...looks like we will see you in St Louis! It's too far out of the way for us to travel through Indy. Hopefully, we can meet up with others who are traveling on I-64.
Terry

Old 06-10-2010, 01:55 PM

Hey!!!! The Evansville West Side Nut Club Cruise-in is this weekend on Saturday. Is anyone going??

naught

Old 06-10-2010, 10:15 PM

I'm planning on it if the weather doesn't turn too bad. Not sure who else might make it. Are you coming down? It's going to be HOT...hopefully we can find a spot in the park

Old 06-13-2010, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by tpoag
I'm planning on it if the weather doesn't turn too bad. Not sure who else might make it. Are you coming down? It's going to be HOT...hopefully we can find a spot in the park
Sorry Terry. I would have liked to have made it, but I just got into the office and was able to resond to your posting now. The project is getting to the point that you have to plan time off in advance to go somewhere. I'm working Sunday to be able to leave next Sunday for CAA.

How did the Cruise-In go?

Naught

Old 06-14-2010, 07:00 PM

I didn't make it either.....I had just finished putting on a new set of tires and didn't have the car cleaned up like I wanted. Plus, it was just too hot to sit there for hours. If you don't get there early (1:00 or so) you can't get a good spot. Maybe next year! Terry

Old 06-15-2010, 06:52 AM

Well, we should be rested up for St. Louis. I'm leaving Bicknell about 11:00 Sunday morning, driving (leisurely) down highway 50 through Vincennes and arriving at Harrah's about 3:00 p.m. I don't think anyone else is leaving Sunday, but I'm going to enjoy the ride, and not working this Sunday. I'll see most of the rest of you as you drift in Monday p.m. if I'm not in Eurocharged's dynamic tuning.

See you in Saint Louie, Louie (didn't Judy Garland sing that?)
naught

Old 06-15-2010, 10:54 PM

Sounds like a plan! Not sure what time we are leaving on Monday yet. We might be meeting up with RBlythe332 from Frankfort for the drive in together. I'm ready for some time off from work myself!!
See you on Monday....Terry

Old 09-08-2010, 09:48 PM

Hey everybody....not sure where the summer went, but it's time to think about a fall drive.

I'm open to suggestions on where to go! Some weekend in October works for us, just not the weekend of the 23rd since my son is getting married and using the Crossfire to drive away from the church!

We can do a one day trip or maybe an overnight...which ever works best for everyone.

Maybe we can get a few of the St Louis folks to join up with us!
Anyone interested????
Terry

Last edited by tpoag; 09-08-2010 at 09:53 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:42 AM

I'm normally interested in most trips. I just got back from a 3 day ride through Illinois and Missouri. The Mark Twain National Forest (or is it Park) has some great 35 mph curves that are much more interesting at 55 (the speed limit), although the Buicks and SUVs weren't smiling when I went around them. My buddies were on Harley Dyna Glides and I had to stop about every 20 miles to let them catch up. A Great Labor Day weekend.

naughteven

Old 09-09-2010, 08:46 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tpoag
Hey everybody....not sure where the summer went, but it's time to think about a fall drive.

I'm open to suggestions on where to go! Some weekend in October works for us, just not the weekend of the 23rd since my son is getting married and using the Crossfire to drive away from the church!

We can do a one day trip or maybe an overnight...which ever works best for everyone.

Maybe we can get a few of the St Louis folks to join up with us!
Anyone interested????
Terry
My daughter used mine when she got married, it made for some good pictures.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Larry Hitze
My daughter used mine when she got married, it made for some good pictures.
You should have seen the look on my future daughter-in-laws face when I said they couldn't use the car if there was a chance of rain! She looked at my son and said "Is he seroius???"

They have already told everybody that there will be no decorating of the car........

Quick Reply: Ohio Valley Crossfires