Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions

Indiana/Illinois Cruise/GTG - June 6th

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 12:32 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Indiana/Illinois Cruise/GTG - June 6th

After many failed attempts to try and get Indiana members together for a cruise I thought I might have better luck incorporating Illinois members as well. I noticed there are many Chicago land XF owners out there and seeing as I live in Griffith, Indiana I'm really close to most of you. I would like to do this anytime between May 31 - June 7. I don't care where we meet or cruise I just wanna get something together. If any of you are interested speak up so we can work something out. Heck if only one or two of you are intersted in meeting up then I'm fine with that. I know oledoc2u is from Indiana and has showed interest in meeting before just couldnt get enough people together to make his trip from southern indiana worth while.

Old 05-22-2010, 07:11 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 488 Likes on 338 Posts
Default re: Indiana/Illinois Cruise/GTG - June 6th

I propose a Chi-town area GTG on Sunday June 6th to hook up with our local Indiana Crossfire Owners.
How many Chi-town area folks and Indiana folks can attend a meet in a south suburb such as Bolingbrook, Ill at I-55 and Rte 53 ?

Old 05-22-2010, 07:49 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY
I propose a Chi-town area GTG on Sunday June 6th to hook up with our local Indiana Crossfire Owners.
How many Chi-town area folks and Indiana folks can attend a meet in a south suburb such as Bolingbrook, Ill at I-55 and Rte 53 ?
I could probably do a Sunday meet....that's 21/2 hrs for me...so brunch...lol

Old 05-22-2010, 08:57 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY
The 5th would be best but the 6th is good as well. I'm not familer with the Chicago area but I have a Tom Tom in the car as long as you could possibly provide an address so the GPS doesn't throw me all over the place. Finally some hope of a meet!

Old 05-22-2010, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Cody M
The 5th would be best but the 6th is good as well. I'm not familer with the Chicago area but I have a Tom Tom in the car as long as you could possibly provide an address so the GPS doesn't throw me all over the place. Finally some hope of a meet!
I can't do Saturdays...I work the "cop" thing 3rd shift...and the sunday, forgive the tired eyes...I will have been up awhile....lol

Old 05-22-2010, 09:17 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
I can't do Saturdays...I work the "cop" thing 3rd shift...and the sunday, forgive the tired eyes...I will have been up awhile....lol
Ok well any day is fine with me. I won't be picky since XF meets are hard to get together. Oledoc2u if you would like to meet up and drive up there together we could do that.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:27 AM

Ok well any day is fine with me. I won't be picky since XF meets are hard to get together. Oledoc2u if you would like to meet up and drive up there together we could do that.
not a problem, lets see if it happens...they have 3 officers on sick leave or I would take off...seems the old guy will never get to retire completely...shoot, they have asked me to come back fulltime...but, I'm not biting...so far...lol

Old 05-22-2010, 09:41 AM
Forum Regular

not a problem, lets see if it happens...they have 3 officers on sick leave or I would take off...seems the old guy will never get to retire completely...shoot, they have asked me to come back fulltime...but, I'm not biting...so far...lol
Well you have a few weeks yet so maybe you will be off the hook. Lucky for me I will be on vacation from work that week.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:48 AM

Well you have a few weeks yet so maybe you will be off the hook. Lucky for me I will be on vacation from work that week.
no, they just called to give me the good news they need me every SAT for at least 6 weeks....just my luck...shoot, I could work everyday for the next 6 weeks, but the truckin' is still keeping me too busy right now...so....we will be there with tired eyes...nothing a little coffee can't take care of...just don't make it too early Gary...lol..I will gain an hour coming your way anyway...so that helps...I can sneak out at 4 am and get a nap in...before making the haul up there...

Old 05-22-2010, 09:53 AM
Forum Regular

no, they just called to give me the good news they need me every SAT for at least 6 weeks....just my luck...shoot, I could work everyday for the next 6 weeks, but the truckin' is still keeping me too busy right now...so....we will be there with tired eyes...nothing a little coffee can't take care of...just don't make it too early Gary...lol..I will gain an hour coming your way anyway...so that helps...I can sneak out at 4 am and get a nap in...before making the haul up there...
I'm fine with meeting at anytime. Gary maybe we could set up a time at maybe 1 pm or 2pm so oledoc2u can get some decent shut eye? Traffic might be a little crazy at that time but then again I'm not familier with that area.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:55 AM

If we didn't have the CAA coming up, I'd join up.

How about we keep an open mind to having a mid-west GTG sometime, even a weekend meet.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:56 AM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

I'm up for anything in southern Indiana. Northern gets to far to drive from Cincinnati.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Erzer

How about we keep an open mind to having a mid-west GTG sometime, even a weekend meet.
do a half way....like Bloomington IL....or somewhere nearby???

Old 05-22-2010, 09:57 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Erzer

That sounds good too. We could get a pretty big turnout.

Old 05-22-2010, 10:05 AM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

Here are some pics from last years Indiana run...

Indiana GTG 2009

Old 05-22-2010, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by James1549
Here are some pics from last years Indiana run...

Indiana GTG 2009

Not the same as the Colorado one (sorry but lived near there for 10 yrs), but looks like a great place to me.

Old 05-22-2010, 11:30 AM

Hey, so is this thing set in stone on June 6th in Bolingbrook?? I'm there if it is.

Old 05-22-2010, 12:27 PM

Me too ..........

Old 05-22-2010, 03:50 PM

I will let the Valk set it up...I can be there, I'll catch a nap and could leave here by 9 am if need be, that is 8 am CDT...takes me 21/2 hrs or so...I will find you guys...just let us know where to meet...

Old 05-22-2010, 05:29 PM

I will let the Valk set it up...I can be there, I'll catch a nap and could leave here by 9 am if need be, that is 8 am CDT...takes me 21/2 hrs or so...I will find you guys...just let us know where to meet...
Yeah I'm about two hours away from there as well but I'm still there when it's made official.

Quick Reply: Indiana/Illinois Cruise/GTG - June 6th