CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Midwest Forum (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/midwest-forum/)
-   -   purchasing a crossfire (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/midwest-forum/61747-purchasing-crossfire.html)

JBryant 06-10-2013 11:35 PM

purchasing a crossfire

Hello. I am considering purchasing a 2004 Chrysler Crossfire. I would be trading in my current car, which is a 2008 Hyundai Tiburon GT. The particular Crossfire I am looking at is a one owner car and has 54,000 miles on it. The asking price from the dealership is $12,095. I am wondering if there is anything I need to know about Crossfires with this amount of miles or what maintenance will be needed right away. The asking price is below KBB value, but is a good deal? Thanks in advance for any input.

Jordan

rayth 06-11-2013 10:05 AM

Re: purchasing a crossfire

depends where you're located.. though I don't know if I trust KBB values on our cars, I think market value tends to be a little lower than what they say.

check cargurus.com

JBryant 06-11-2013 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by rayth (Post 743679)
depends where you're located.. though I don't know if I trust KBB values on our cars, I think market value tends to be a little lower than what they say.

check cargurus.com

I live in Kansas City, MO. I'm mostly concerned with immediate upkeep and maintenance at 54k.

ala_xfire 06-11-2013 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by JBryant (Post 743694)
I live in Kansas City, MO. I'm mostly concerned with immediate upkeep and maintenance at 54k.

At 54,000, about time for a fluid change :

Brake fluid
PS fluid
oil change
coolant flush
differential oil

also : air cleaners and cabin filter.

Only other concern is if it is still the OEM battery .....

Mrmiata 06-11-2013 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by JBryant (Post 743638)
Hello. I am considering purchasing a 2004 Chrysler Crossfire. I would be trading in my current car, which is a 2008 Hyundai Tiburon GT. The particular Crossfire I am looking at is a one owner car and has 54,000 miles on it. The asking price from the dealership is $12,095. I am wondering if there is anything I need to know about Crossfires with this amount of miles or what maintenance will be needed right away. The asking price is below KBB value, but is a good deal? Thanks in advance for any input.

Jordan

Since I do spend quite a bit of time on Ebay looking at cars and parts, I'd say if the car is pretty cherry it's going to be "inline" with what they sell for. Main thing you need to know about Crossfires.. come here first with anything concerning the cars! Unless you like the idea of newly installed parts till it's fixed from your local $tealer. ;)
Two things to know.. pick you up a spare BOSCH crank positioning sensor and tools to replace it (small dollars) and check out the joints on the RCM. If she's been taken care of and you do the same your good for many miles of smiles.. :)

JBryant 06-12-2013 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata (Post 743697)
Since I do spend quite a bit of time on Ebay looking at cars and parts, I'd say if the car is pretty cherry it's going to be "inline" with what they sell for. Main thing you need to know about Crossfires.. come here first with anything concerning the cars! Unless you like the idea of newly installed parts till it's fixed from your local $tealer. ;)
Two things to know.. pick you up a spare BOSCH crank positioning sensor and tools to replace it (small dollars) and check out the joints on the RCM. If she's been taken care of and you do the same your good for many miles of smiles.. :)

Ok. Thanks everyone. The crossfire is about two hours away from where I live, so I'm trying to do all of my research before going to look and test drive it

Mrmiata 06-12-2013 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by JBryant (Post 743798)
Ok. Thanks everyone. The crossfire is about two hours away from where I live, so I'm trying to do all of my research before going to look and test drive it

Hmm.. since buying it from dealer.. wonder if they would hook it up and ensure no codes have been reset recently.. Having had my car this long, "that" would be a little more peace of mind on a purchase of one for me, or a 30 day warranty if they are "sure" this car is sound. Never hurts to ask before signing the paper work. ;)

hairmaxx 06-12-2013 08:50 PM

2004 with 136K and runs like new.

white 04 fire 12-14-2013 11:02 PM

that's kinda high I didn't pay near that much 4 mine ,04 for 10,300,,53k miles ,,very clean,ne okla

Padgett 12-14-2013 11:10 PM

Sit in it and make sure you can get the seat in a comfortable position first, the adjustment is rather limited (made for the height impaired ?). I had to pass on a very nice roadster and buy a coupe because I could not get the seat back far enough when reclined.

Did wind up removing the plastic trim on top of the crossbeam & spending some quality time with a hammer and small sledge. Seat now goes back far enough.